Thai Police Spokesman: Dissemination of false info is a crime

webfact

To even refer to any member of the RTP by the title of general , no matter their time in service is similar to referring to a jackass as a top throughbreed race horse. They have not mad iit to the top by thei r breeding , education, nor intelligence. They would not qualify to even arrend additional education class in most law enforcement groups. .

Edited by slapout

Facebook is a large part of the internet social media. This is where it should stay IMO, on the internet, in the social domain.

Again, IMO allowing anyone with a rank to issue statements to the general media on incidents, apparently when they feel like it, without facts to back the statements up, is far more likely to spread fear among the public.

Be careful not to include yourselves in the same category as chasing down teenager's facebook pages.......................wink.png

Wait a minute!

How much of the information that they have disseminated about the bombing in Bangkok is false?

So many of the statement released are in conflict with each other, so some must be false....no?

Or is it only a crime for teenagers to make up stories?

I asked a couple groups of students a few questions the other day.

1. Do you read newspapers? Out of a total of 60 students only ONE siad he read newspapers.

2. So where do you get your news from? ALL said Facebook.

3. Do you believe what you read on Facebook? Maybe about 75% said yes.

Just about sums it all up, doesn't it?

Without going into details, it is amazing just how much of the crap that is forwarded on Line and Facebook, they believe.

PS. I get my news from TV whistling.gif

Edited by petedk

Yes, I can well believe an obscure Facebook entry causing "public panic"...............do these self-important nobodies really think they are fooling anyone with their pathetic attempts to extinguish free speech?

Ah yes, free speech grants the right to make bomb threats. facepalm.gif

If someone asked a question such as, are the RTP still clueless ? Would that be considered disseminating false information, or just asking a general question, that is if we are allowed to question.

We know what the PMs answer would be to that don't we? Stop asking stupid questions...

The correct answer would be "Yes, absolutely without a doubt. No question about it. It is as it has always been".

Yes, I can well believe an obscure Facebook entry causing "public panic"...............do these self-important nobodies really think they are fooling anyone with their pathetic attempts to extinguish free speech?

You can't shout out "fire" in a crowded movie theater.

Speaking of false information. That is incorrect and overturned in 1969. Look up Holmes and U.S. vs Schenck.

Schenck v US was not in 1969. Additionally, Holmes comment was not binding law and it had nothing to do with shouting fire in a theater, it was an analogy he made during a ruling.

You can't shout out "fire" in a crowded movie theater.

Speaking of false information. That is incorrect and overturned in 1969. Look up Holmes and U.S. vs Schenck.

Edited by Nowisee

These teens who do this is because there mother had to go some where to work and the had to stay with there grand mother who was to tired to care for them. They do not respect adult rules and regulations. This is going to be biggest down fall some day. But this action is normal in Thailand. Or they group together and

have 5 people live in small room. If you are never shown love how can you love or learn discipline.