Based in BKK for work in Sept.

alvinlee87

Hi everybody , i am alvin from singapore. will be based in BKK for work from next month onwards. currently looking for accommodation in BKK and heading over to take a look next week before i moved over next month. If you don't mind , kindly share with me your experience living in BKK or even give me guidance on settling down there.

Hope to meet more people and add me up in LINE : jaesuk87. cheerssmile.png

Bangkok isn't like homogenized Singapore where you can live just about anywhere you want regardless of work location. Where you will be working in Bangkok will pretty much dictate where you want to live... and your salary as well of course. Welcome to the Big Mango anyway.

I would say for your first year to live close to your work while you are getting comfortable with your surroundings. Eventually, you will keep expanding your territory and in no time you will have everything down just fine. Keep your wits about you like anywhere else and it will be ok.

Bangkok isn't like homogenized Singapore where you can live just about anywhere you want regardless of work location. Where you will be working in Bangkok will pretty much dictate where you want to live... and your salary as well of course. Welcome to the Big Mango anyway.

i get it, where would u suggest if i work in lat kra bang and am needed to go to lat kra bang 2-3 times a week. i do not wish to stay too far from town too.

Your work is on the east side of town, basically north of the airport so lodging on the west side of Lat Krabang but still east of the Highway 9 (ring road) and you could use the Airport Express as a fast-track to and from the city.

Edited by NanLaew

You have to make the choice, live in town and commute out to Lad Krabang or visa versa.

Am not too far from Lad Krabang. I made the decision to stay near work.

Unfortunately most of us travel to work more than travel for fun.

Its not that far though whatever you decide.

Edited by Bangkokhatter