‘Sorcerer’ hacked to death in K Chhnang

geovalin

Three men from Kampong Chhnang province’s Teuk Phos district have been arrested for allegedly murdering a neighbour they accused of practising sorcery, police said yesterday.

Liv Bun Song, the district’s deputy police chief, said that Morng village residents Khoem Sokhim, 22, Khoem Sokha, 21, and Doung Chetra, 18, were accused of hacking 49-year-old Moes Than to death with sticks and axes late on Tuesday afternoon.

“The suspects invited the victim to drink wine at a cottage in a rice field, and while they were drinking, the suspects accused the victim of using sorcery to make their relatives sick, but he [Than] denied the allegations,” he said.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national

Just when you think Cambodia is about to crawl it's way out of the killing fields...something like this happens to remind one that they are still clinging to the past...

There are some very dark bits to the Khmer psyche that long predate the KR. As much as I like the country and the people, I've never found it an entirely comfortable place to live.

Just when you think Cambodia is about to crawl it's way out of the killing fields...something like this happens to remind one that they are still clinging to the past...

There are some very dark bits to the Khmer psyche that long predate the KR. As much as I like the country and the people, I've never found it an entirely comfortable place to live.

Agree. I've visited the country numerous times since 1995, there's something about Khmers I don't care for, I guess it's "some very dark bits to the Khmer psyche" that you mention here. I wouldn't want to live for long periods in Cambodia, I feel more comfortable around Thais.