US is now averaging more than one mass shooting per day in 2015

webfact

4 or more people to be shot is indeed a more accurate definition of mass shooting. FBI takes it as 3 or more killed by shooting.

I wonder what the figure would be if the FBI used the word "shot" literally, ie, 3 or more people shot, not necessarily killed. Obviously more than one incident per day, on average.

A shocking statistic.

Cue defenders of the right to bear arms. Their irrational arguments actually bear testimony to the demograph's average IQ.

How many people die in cars every day? Yet there is no outcry to remove them from private ownership. Till the criminals are all locked up and there is not a single illegal weapon on the street, if I lived in the US I'd be exceedingly well armed.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this thread.

There is a title and there are stats, undeniable stats. And the first posts simply state: bullshit (because they don't like the stats), and when asked can't prove in any shape or form why the stats are bullshit.

So it is bullshit because the naysayers say so.

I'm sorry, that is simply ludicrous. Please start your own forum where you won't allow facts to get in the way of your reality.

A MASS Murderer is one who kills several people at one time or in very short span of time... These kinds of killings / shootings do not happen every day in America... There are not reports of incidents of 3-4 ..4-5 ... 6-7 people being killed and/or wounded at one time in individual incidents done by one individual in one day ...

i.e. the Charleston, South Carolina shooting was a Mass Murder... numerous people killed by one assailant at one time...

This type of example DOES NOT happen in America every day ... not even close.

There are hundreds of shootings in Chicago every month - the City with the strongest gun control ordinances in the country... The killings - shooting are done by Gangsta shooters in drug deals or in general gang warfare ... Add to this Baltimore, Gary Indiana, East St. Louis, Detroit and nearly every other inner city Black Ghetto.

Outside of those enclaves - shootings are actually quite rare compared to the total population.

Definition and stats are clearly explained in the OP. That means all the posts stating 'bullshit' are just that.

For all you deniers, here is a link to a mass shooting tracker. 250 documented mass shootings and today is the 240th day of the year. Why anyone would be surprised, let alone deny it, is beyond me. My hometown is like a war zone. Shootings nearly every day and usually more than one.

Majority done by mentally ill people who were on oe drug or another

ITS A MENTAL PROBLEM NOT A GUN PROBLEM

Over 100 million legal gun owners in the USA now put those stats on who is doing all the killing and if the guns are legal or not

It will tear apart your argument since Black on Black killings is a massive part of those stats

I don't know whether to laugh or to be extremely concerned that you have access to the internet. blink.png

Question: If the mentally ill people had no access to guns, would the mass killings have still occurred?

Bigger question: Why does black on black killing tear apart ANY arguments about gun killings?

blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

If the mentally ill in the U.S. were totally prohibited in getting a gun by locking them up for forced treatment - the number of mass shootings would drop 90% in a given year.... Black on Black killings represent shootings and killings done mostly with stolen weapons and constitutes most of the shootings and killings in the USA. Therefore the implication that people who own 300 million LEGAL guns - mostly being White are NOT RESPONSIBLE for the shootings and killings and we are not going to pay the price for what the illegal and irresponsible do with mostly illegally obtained guns. We didn't do it -- we don't do it and we are not going to pay any price of having our guns taken away for what crazy people and Gangsta people do with guns. GET IT?

In the UK we have drugs, we have mentally unstable people, we have blacks, we have hispanics....... we have everything that america has.

except, we dont have stupid gun laws, and we dont have one mass killing per day

can you see the correlation?

You do not have evertything america has...

You have no right to bear arms....you are incapable of defending your property and family.

Pathetic and weak.

I bet bad guys have guns..and the good guys, when it comes to terms...just throw their hands up in defeat.

Edited by slipperylobster

I Am glad The Netherlands, unlike the USA does not even have one mass shooting per day, go on USA....

Speaks for itself. No class.

Class is now defined by the number of mass shootings per day?

Glad I live in a low class country.

No. Maybe you missed the point.

Possibly....and many bullets by all reports

I can guarantee more than 1 shooting per day in the U.S. Almost anyone can get a gun in this country. There are tons of cases you'll never hear about (low income areas, projects, gangs, etc). And if a mass shooting by definition (more than one), or the FBI's 3- 4, or more people (doesn't mean they have to die during the event); I would certainly believe this as well. Turn on anyone of a number of city news broadcasts per night, and start adding them up.......

You are OFF TOPIC... one shooting a day ... probably ... in the city of Chicago alone -- probably ten a day on the weekends ... BUT NOT AS PER THE OP == MASS SHOOTING.... MURDER...

Someone points out that there are many, many murders at a particular place and time and you scream OFF TOPIC....

What a low level we have reached on TV

Oops ..sorry... this is the MASS MURDER thread..........I thought I was posting on the routine MURDER thread.....my apologies.

I'll check the pinned threads at the top of the page..let me see..murder....mass...general....USA......ok got it.

Dumb newbie.

Edited by Mudcrab

That chart shows that there has been a downward progression in the number of reported violent crimes - less violent crime - over the past five years (ending with 2013). It has nothing to do with "mass shootings". wink.png

You seem to be obsessed and pedantic over mass shootings versus "ordinary" shootings.

Does 27 people being murdered each and every seem OK to you if they were all killed one at a time instead of "mass shootings"?

Whichever way you try to spin it is still 27 MURDERS per day on average. I am glad that the number of reported crimes have come down but there are still 27 murdered every day.

quote from the FBI crime statistics report. "There were an estimated 1,163,146 violent crimes reported to law enforcement last year, along with an estimated 8,632,512 property crimes. "

That was from the report for 2013

You are OFF TOPIC as the OP is MASS shootings ... NOT other shooting statistics

As usual, pedantic words, semantics and obsessions.

Does it really matter if they are mass shootings or not?

To you, UlyssesG etc, the form of the words matter much more than how many people die every day from gun related deaths. You don't seem to care that so many people are MURDERED every day as long as the words come out correctly.

The points that the obsessive - compulsive gun haters cannot understand is that:

- Most daily killings and woundings with guns in America are done in Black and Hispanic Ghettos -- and most often done with illegally acquired guns. And most of that is Black on Black Gangsta shootings ... Having NOTHING to do with the nearly 100 million legal gun owners

- Most true mass shootings are done - proven by health records -- by people who are mentally unstable ... In America it is VERY DIFFICULT - verging on the impossible to By FORCE commit a disturbed person to confinement in a mental institution for more than 72 hours. All because of Bleeding Heart Liberals who see to it that the laws remain that way. So taking dangerous people off the street and locking them up for mental health reasons cannot easily be done. Actually cannot be done in most states - nor can the patient be FORCED to undergo therapy and become successfully treated or remained confined ... So -- these nutcases are on the streets. Then through hook or crook or a hole in the system of background checks - these nutcases get a gun,...

- Almost every one of the true Mass Shootings in America for the past 15 years have been done by the mentally disturbed - mentally deranged ... We cannot get them off the streets.

- 99.99 percent of the nearly 100 million LEGAL GUN OWNERS of nearly 300 Million Guns commit NO GUN CRIMES - EVER.

- For many millions like me -- Because the LEFTISTS such as Obama have the AGENDA of total GUN Confiscation - and basically doing away with private gun ownership totally -- stripping the Constitution of the 2nd Amendment - and these Gun Haters will not relent on this GUN Confiscation AGENDA.... Then millions of us REFUSE to negotiate on one single compromise... When the LEFTISTS STOP and DROP their total gun Confiscation agenda - there may be room for compromise but not until.

- And REMEMBER --- Obama can try all the Unconstitutional Executive orders he wants -- they will be fought in the courts. And like some of his other illegal unconstitutional executive orders they will get hung up in court until he leaves office. And NO Member of the U.S. House or Representatives Nor or the U.S. Senate are going to do anything relative to Gun Control - when 100 million Voters are hanging over their heads -- ESPECIALLY in this coming Election Year - ... Members of Congress may be worthless - and crooks - but they are not stupid... They want reelection more than anything so it is used against them.

I have made predictions over several years here on TVF -- there will be NO Significant Gun Legislation in the next several years if not in the next 10 or 15 years ... basically NEVER.

Fix uneducated BLACKs - get them off drugs, get them out of the hood mentality - get them out of the poison of HIP HOP RAP that creates a criminal mindset ... GO LISTEN TO IT - the kind that is played in the hood -- it is a call to violence and crime - blared from every automobile and window in the HOOD...

Fix the SYSTEM that does not allow family and the community to COMMIT crazy people against their will ... then mass shooting will go down like a ROCK falling off a cliff.

Why do you need to own a gun in the USA?

In the UK we have drugs, we have mentally unstable people, we have blacks, we have hispanics....... we have everything that america has.

You have no right to bear arms....you are incapable of defending your property and family.

Pathetic and weak.

I bet bad guys have guns..and the good guys, when it comes to terms...just throw their hands up in defeat.

In the UK if you defend yourself against a hoodlum and injure the poor underprivilidged darling it is YOU that will be in trouble. In the UK you are supposed to let the thug maim or kill you and then the useless plod will attempt to catch the criminals, but more likely just file it under "can't be bothered".

Never saw a copper except at big events and then they were always doing stupid things like closing the tube stations so you had to walk miles to get transport home after. Plenty of them after the bombings- pity they weren't around to stop them before they happened.

Whether it is shot or shot and killed, either is really sad in an advanced country like the USA. Whatever the question, it is unlikely the answer is to use a gun against unarmed and uninvolved fellow citizens. Theater, School or College shootings ! There are too many flippant or ill-considered responses to these events, but has any organisation conducted a serious and credible investigation into the causes ? Why aren't the USA politicians concerned enough to act, or do they regard this as an inevitable part of modern life ? Gun control might be part of the answer, but the true problem lies in the moral education of the perpetrators.

The points that the obsessive - compulsive gun haters cannot understand is that:

- Most daily killings and woundings with guns in America are done in Black and Hispanic Ghettos -- and most often done with illegally acquired guns. And most of that is Black on Black Gangsta shootings ... Having NOTHING to do with the nearly 100 million legal gun owners

- Most true mass shootings are done - proven by health records -- by people who are mentally unstable ... In America it is VERY DIFFICULT - verging on the impossible to By FORCE commit a disturbed person to confinement in a mental institution for more than 72 hours. All because of Bleeding Heart Liberals who see to it that the laws remain that way. So taking dangerous people off the street and locking them up for mental health reasons cannot easily be done. Actually cannot be done in most states - nor can the patient be FORCED to undergo therapy and become successfully treated or remained confined ... So -- these nutcases are on the streets. Then through hook or crook or a hole in the system of background checks - these nutcases get a gun,...

- Almost every one of the true Mass Shootings in America for the past 15 years have been done by the mentally disturbed - mentally deranged ... We cannot get them off the streets.

- 99.99 percent of the nearly 100 million LEGAL GUN OWNERS of nearly 300 Million Guns commit NO GUN CRIMES - EVER.

- For many millions like me -- Because the LEFTISTS such as Obama have the AGENDA of total GUN Confiscation - and basically doing away with private gun ownership totally -- stripping the Constitution of the 2nd Amendment - and these Gun Haters will not relent on this GUN Confiscation AGENDA.... Then millions of us REFUSE to negotiate on one single compromise... When the LEFTISTS STOP and DROP their total gun Confiscation agenda - there may be room for compromise but not until.

- And REMEMBER --- Obama can try all the Unconstitutional Executive orders he wants -- they will be fought in the courts. And like some of his other illegal unconstitutional executive orders they will get hung up in court until he leaves office. And NO Member of the U.S. House or Representatives Nor or the U.S. Senate are going to do anything relative to Gun Control - when 100 million Voters are hanging over their heads -- ESPECIALLY in this coming Election Year - ... Members of Congress may be worthless - and crooks - but they are not stupid... They want reelection more than anything so it is used against them.

I have made predictions over several years here on TVF -- there will be NO Significant Gun Legislation in the next several years if not in the next 10 or 15 years ... basically NEVER.

Fix uneducated BLACKs - get them off drugs, get them out of the hood mentality - get them out of the poison of HIP HOP RAP that creates a criminal mindset ... GO LISTEN TO IT - the kind that is played in the hood -- it is a call to violence and crime - blared from every automobile and window in the HOOD...

Fix the SYSTEM that does not allow family and the community to COMMIT crazy people against their will ... then mass shooting will go down like a ROCK falling off a cliff.

We hear too often about the Right to bear arms, and too little about the Responsibilites of so doing. Rights and Responsibilites are two sides of the same coin.

Let me interject a thought.

What do all the mass murderers have in common of late, besides the use of guns of course?

They all have mental problems.

Why aren't all you Brits, Euros and Aussies pounding your collective chests railing against the mental health industry to get them to solve their very large part in this problem?

Therein lies the solution. Get the crazies identified so they can't legally purchase a gun would be a nice first step.

Yep, we have a bunch of stupid gang bangers shooting themselves. At least it is out if mainstream America and does not impact mainstream America. I do have to ask, where is our POS racist president in the latest shooting of good Americans that was totally racially motivated. He goes nuts over losers like Terry Brown getting shot, but not over actual decent people?

Yep, we have a bunch of stupid gang bangers shooting themselves. At least it is out if mainstream America and does not impact mainstream America. I do have to ask, where is our POS racist president in the latest shooting of good Americans that was totally racially motivated. He goes nuts over losers like Terry Brown getting shot, but not over actual decent people?

With one mass killing every day, do you really expect him to comment on every one?

silly question.

1. Collectors

2. Marksmen competing for sports

3. 7/11 business owner for protection

4. House may contain valuable objects

5. Hunting

6. Self protection in places where the police cannot get to quickly

The real question is..............Why do snoopy nosed busy bodies in other countries (England and France being the worst) care? They have no say in what our laws in America provide for. Stay out of our business and if you don't like it...stay out of our country and our news forums. Sweet Creeping Jesus....stop whining. Most of you buggers don't like us anyways...so why don't you just sit back and have a beer and talk about tea and crumpets?

You people used to have rights to bear weapons ...put you gave it up long ago... we did not.

I know there are a few places (like Finland and Norway) that keep weapons in their homes for civil service duty/militaryreserves and hunting...because I trained there with them.

In America..it is a different ballgame than England or France or Holland. A different history....different liberties.

None of your business.

Actually....tired of the snobbery

Edited by slipperylobster

And this last shooting was two people ... so the definition of 'mass' equals two... Really now?

If by "last shooting" you refer to the disgruntled former TV employee who shot dead people on live TV, it was three people he shot, two fatally and one recovering in hospital.

silly question.

1. Collectors

5. Hunting

The question was why do you need a gun, not why do you want a gun. Cuts your list down by about half.

Pathetic and weak.

and yet americans are many, many more times likely to be shot dead within the US, than UK citizens.

it is very hard to defend yourself against a gunman in a cinema / church / shopping centre when the gunman does show up.

it is not often we hear about a gunman being shot dead, before he is able to start shooting up the place, because some member of the public used his right to bear arms to defend everyone, is it?

i believe your right to bear arms, is the main reason why so many american kids / families / students / OAPs are being shot dead every day.

There is a title and there are stats, undeniable stats. And the first posts simply state: bullshit (because they don't like the stats), and when asked can't prove in any shape or form why the stats are bullshit.

I'm sorry, that is simply ludicrous. Please start your own forum where you won't allow facts to get in the way of your reality.

In the bizzaro world of the wingnutoshere, guns are the dog whistle that binds these fearful people together. They LOVE their guns. They love them because they are afraid. That's the common demonitator...fear.

Motivating the Republican base means instilling fear, fear about losing guns (please Baby Jesus not that), fear about marriage, fear their religion is threatened, fear of an Obama invasion, fear of the U.N. invasion, fear of vaccines, fear of rapist immigrants, fear of women, on and on and on and on.

Reading the comments of the pro-gun teabaggers is really very sad. A world where a fetus needs to be protected but every idiot should be walking around packing.

Pathetic? Ludicrous? Pick one. Watch them try and misdirect every argument against guns into their own ginned up stories and stats from Drudge, Breitbart and Fox. The Wingnutoshere, where everyone need to be packing. crazy.gif

Not every American believes it's his god given right to have a .50 cal Desert Eagle strapped to their hip. Not every American fears everything.

It is often called paranoia, frequently associated with a schizoid personality disorder, or full blown schizophrenia, often

delusional, have paranoid ideations ... delusional thinking giving a fixed, false, idea or belief that held with extraordinary conviction and subjective certainty, often despite contradictory evidence. These people often have grandiose and distorted ideas about who they are or their abilities, possess extreme jealousy of others believing they are being spied upon, followed, poisoned, harassed, prevented from attaining a goal, or unfairly treated. They are often hyper- vigilant, over the top suspicious, have extraordinary obsessions ... They stand out like a sore thumb ... their psychologists and psychiatrists have a file drawer full of documents on them ... BUT ....

post-135557-0-49028300-1440815755_thumb.

We can't get them off the streets in America, because of protective laws... Families know the score with the broken sullen malcontents - but are hamstrung - no real authority available to put them away for years with forced treatment... Colleges and universities have their clinical records when they were students, but do nothing out of fear of lawsuits. Law enforcement has the records of these guys from the many interviews related to past complaints and even arrests. Their violent tendencies are known by many - but they run loose because their feelings cannot be hurt -- nor can the feelings of others who have mental disease because they do not want society to think bad of them... So we get what we get... and what is get is MAYHEM ....

In the bizzaro world of the wingnutoshere, guns are the dog whistle that binds these fearful people together. They LOVE their guns. They love them because they are afraid. That's the common demonitator...fear.

Motivating the Republican base means instilling fear, fear about losing guns (please Baby Jesus not that), fear about marriage, fear their religion is threatened, fear of an Obama invasion, fear of the U.N. invasion, fear of vaccines, fear of rapist immigrants, fear of women, on and on and on and on.

Reading the comments of the pro-gun teabaggers is really very sad. A world where a fetus needs to be protected but every idiot should be walking around packing.

Pathetic? Ludicrous? Pick one. Watch them try and misdirect every argument against guns into their own ginned up stories and stats from Drudge, Breitbart and Fox. The Wingnutoshere, where everyone need to be packing. crazy.gif

Not every American believes it's his god given right to have a .50 cal Desert Eagle strapped to their hip. Not every American fears everything.

The only thing pathetic about this subject are liberals who have overly simplistic ideas about what the situation is in America... reducing the whole situation to insults and silly truisms..

silly question.

1. Collectors

5. Hunting

The question was why do you need a gun, not why do you want a gun. Cuts your list down by about half.

Gun ownership in America is not primarily for any of those reasons above. The 2nd Amendment was created to deal with the potential case where a rogue dictatorial government came into power ... and the collective guns of the people's militia is a last resort to fend off a tyrannical government ... It is well documented. You need to some research - read and try to comprehend ... You do not have to agree but you should find out what the real reason for gun ownership by the private citizen is about in America...

The only thing pathetic about this subject are liberals who have overly simplistic ideas about what the situation is in America... reducing the whole situation to insults and silly truisms..

you realise that just about every word in that post is meaningless - either a cliche or a stereotype - perhaps if you had something "concrete" to say as to why you think the situation regards gun ownership in the USA is OK people might take you a bit more seriously.

With one mass killing every day, do you really expect him to comment on every one?

Obama only comments when the victims are black... and he says nothing when the perps are black ...

silly question.

1. Collectors

5. Hunting

The real question is..............Why do snoopy nosed busy bodies in other countries (England and France being the worst) care? They have no say in what our laws in America provide for. Stay out of our business and if you don't like it...stay out of our country and our news forums. Sweet Creeping Jesus....stop whining. Most of you buggers don't like us anyways...so why don't you just sit back and have a beer and talk about tea and crumpets?

You people used to have rights to bear weapons ...put you gave it up long ago... we did not.

I know there are a few places (like Finland and Norway) that keep weapons in their homes for civil service duty/militaryreserves and hunting...because I trained there with them.

In America..it is a different ballgame than England or France or Holland. A different history....different liberties.

None of your business.

Actually....tired of the snobbery

"1. Collectors

5. Hunting

6. Self protection in places where the police cannot get to quickly"

...so how is this any different from countries with strict gun control laws? (and considerably lower death rates)?