arch supports in Bkk for metatarsalgia?

jobe33

Where can I get some good arch supports in Bkk? Since a few months the sole of my right foot feels a bit painful and swollen. Especially after waking up and walking barefoot it feels like this. Walking on shoes is not really painful, it's just an annoying problem which won't go away by itself. So what's a good place to go for arch supports?

Edited by jobe33

I thinbk OP also wants ones to wear inside the house without shoes

http://www.lazada.co.th/footful-orthotic-arch-support-foot-brace-with-gel-wedge-for-flat-feetfallen-archessports-966387.html

supposedly can be worn barefoot.

Personally I use ones from amazon which unlike the above don't have gel pads so really easy to walk around in http://www.amazon.com/Pedifix-Arch-Bandage-Pack-2/dp/B004G8G4HU/ref=sr_1_5?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1440252590&sr=1-5&keywords=arch+support

But you could try the ones with the gel pads, inexpensive enough and easy to get here

• 1 year later...
On 8/29/2015 at 1:00 AM, rodknock said:

bangkok hospital has a podiatry clinic and they make inserts.

I've used that clinic before. They prepared a pair of custom insoles for arch support that ended up doing nothing for the pain/problem I was having, despite being very expensive.

In the end, I found this product from Amazon (at 1/10th the price of BKK MC) that is the best in-shoe arch support insole I've ever found, and the customer reviews reflect a pretty broad consensus on that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NAQY0E/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

can someone point me to a website about how you should pick which of these arch supports are best for you !

there are so many you cannot try them all , 

earlier in the year I had really bad pain , but by chance found some running shoes with a high arch support , 

I  used them all today and have no pain , but I would like to have a few more pair of shoes with the same support (since it works for me) but I do not know what areas I need to match with the slip in ones from Amazon etc

Thanks for your ideas

I don't know that there is any such thing like what you're asking. And I have a drawer full of tried and didn't work insert insoles that I bought over a period of months looking for relief, and not finding any. Not to mention the 7000b pair from Bangkok Med Center that likewise didn't help at all.

I've had only very limited success in finding shoe brands that work well with their own arch support. One small U.S. brand -- San Antonio Shoes (SAS) -- has always worked with me without needing arch supports, but that's about it. I've heard that the expensive brand Birkenstock are supposed to be good for arch support, but I've never tried them, because they typically don't offer the large size I need.

As for arch support inserts for shoes, as I mentioned above, this is the best product I've ever found and used -- and that's after trying and using MANY. And if you read the customer comments/reviews,  you'll find they've likewise worked well for MANY other buyers.

Powerstep Pinnacle insoles

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NAQY0E

Another brand I've tried and used, with OK success, is New Balance Pressure Relief Insoles with Metatarsal Support. (In comparison to the Powersteps, these are thicker and softer than the thinner and firmer Powersteps.)

https://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-Insoles-IPR3030-Pressure/dp/B004A9WLS6

I've tried and used several varieties of the Dr. Scholl insoles, but the ones offered in Thai stores typically aren't those with the better arch support, so my versions have been purchased from the U.S. They're OK, but not really in the same league as the two prior brands I've mentioned.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Scholls-P-R-O-Relief-Orthotics/dp/B004MXRD60/

Thanks for your idea on the insoles , most seem to be for many sized feet ,  do you just guess on where to cut the ends off  on the toe end ?

or draw your toes with a marker so you know where to cut ?

just wondering if the insoles move around much in your shoe

I have some Brooks running shoes , they are over $100 retail but I got them at a yard sale cheap , 

they had a nice high arch support and have really helped ,

But I liked the bounce in my sketchers except they were hard on my ankles where they rubbed ,  , 

The sketchers took some getting used too , but not enough arch support so that might be the first ones i try the insole supports in......

50 minutes ago, BKKdreaming said:

Thanks for your idea on the insoles , most seem to be for many sized feet ,  do you just guess on where to cut the ends off  on the toe end ?

or draw your toes with a marker so you know where to cut ?

just wondering if the insoles move around much in your shoe

I have some Brooks running shoes , they are over $100 retail but I got them at a yard sale cheap , 

they had a nice high arch support and have really helped ,

But I liked the bounce in my sketchers except they were hard on my ankles where they rubbed ,  , 

The sketchers took some getting used too , but not enough arch support so that might be the first ones i try the insole supports in......

Sizing is really not difficult with the insoles I mentioned in the prior post.

They're all available in standard men's and women's shoe sizes. So typically, you'd order the size that matches your shoe size.

In the case of most of these kinds of insoles, the toes end also is soft (no hard shell there) and can be trimmed with scissors if you were to find the pair you get is too large for a particular pair of shoes.

In my case, the largest size available from the Powerstep Pinnacle insoles is 14-14.5 for men''s size, which is too small/short for me. To solve that, I cannibalized some Spenco-brand flat cushion insoles, cut those with scissors into a pair of small pieces to form extensions to my Pinnacle insoles, and then duct taped the extensions on the underneath side to the Pinnacles. And that's worked just fine, the combined insoles don't move/shift around, and my toes don't know the difference, because the thickness is basically the same at the toe end for the two different pieces.

In the case of where the OP is having pain after waking up and walking and wants quality orthotics it would be better to have custom made foot supports and then fitted to the shoes required.

There is a service on Bangkok that you can be cast and have them made in a orthotics lab. Try The Foot Care Centre Bangkok.

1 hour ago, thaipod said:

In the case of where the OP is having pain after waking up and walking and wants quality orthotics it would be better to have custom made foot supports and then fitted to the shoes required.

There is a service on Bangkok that you can be cast and have them made in a orthotics lab. Try The Foot Care Centre Bangkok.

I had similar issues to the OP... Tried the custom designed orthotic from Bangkok MC for a price exceeding 7000b. Their product did absolutely nothing to relieve my foot pain. However, a $25 pair of retail insoles from Amazon.com entirely resolved my problem. I have them in every pair of shoes I own, and never have had any discomfort since I began using them. I suppose that suggests, rather than making a blanket endorsement of expensive custom orthotics, that the value of a custom orthotic lies in the skill (or lack thereof) of the maker, which certainly can be variable.