Arrest warrant issued for man in Sathorn pier bombing

webfact

BANGKOK BLAST
Arrest warrant issued for man in Sathorn pier bombing

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for an unidentified man seen on CCTV dropping what is believed to be a bomb into a canal near the Sathorn pier.

The arrest warrant was issued Thursday night, Police spokesman Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thawornsiri said.

The warrant states that the man, whose nationality is unknown and who appears to be about 25 to 30 years old and 1.70 cm tall, is wanted on three charges, according to Prawut.

The man who appeared on the CCTV has been charged with having explosives in his possession without license, causing an explosion that could harm others, and premeditated attempts to commit murder.

The man in a blue shirt was seen on CCTV carrying a bag and leaving in on the Taksin Bridge before kicking it down the bridge into the canal near the Sathorn pier at 7pm on August 17, minutes after the explosion at the Erawan Shrine near the Ratchaprasong Intersection.

The bomb exploded at 1pm on August 18.

Prawut said police were now trying to enhance the image of the suspect seen on the CCTV and would interrogate more witnesses.

Police believe the two suspects have several other accomplices.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Arrest-warrant-issued-for-man-in-Sathorn-pier-bomb-30267640.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-28

Show me a human, never mind a man, that is 1.70 cm tall! The stupid, bumbling sub-editors at the Nation can't even get their sub-editing right. Idiots.

Anyway, so an arrest warrant is issued for a man about 25-30 years old, 170 cm tall of unknown nationality. Preferably in a blue shirt, I presume. Brilliant.

More Brown Clown antics on a Friday evening.

I have no idea of the time nor paper work involved to get an arrest warrent issued via some legal part of the Thai judical system. But the man hours spent and the number of civil servents , etc involved may be seen or even acknowledged as a waste of paper, manpower transport of same, etc.

as many mentioned the arrest warrent is for a complete unknown, with the possible exception of someone (suspect) is in a blue shirt. Beside doing f..k all to solve a criminal act the RTP are taking up valuable time ???, of other government paid employees to do a exerise in total uselessness.

A new lower standard has been displayed by this group of complete misfits into their choen profession.

call me stupid .... but how on earth can you apply and get a arrest warrant for someone that you dont even know his name .....or is his name Mr blue shirt ... serious the R.T.P ... should really say nothing rather than making them selfs look foolish to the rest of world ......never in a million years will they find the guy ....can they not see what fools there making them selfs ...facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

A "warrant" is a judicially issued authority to place the person named in it under arrest, isn't it? So how in the world do you issue an "arrest warrant" for an unidentified person?? If I didn't know better, I'd say this is a flail at looking busy and productive, rather than empty-handed and clueless. You might think a box on some checklist somewhere labeled "warrant issued" has perhaps been checked and initialed?

But of course we DO know better...

I was so puzzled by this, I went and did some look-up. According to the Cornell University Law School, a warrant CAN be issued for an unidentified person IF it contains a name by which the person is known (presumably, that is, some name other than the person's real name...) OR "a description ... by which the defendant can be identified with reasonable certainty". I'm not sure that "man, whose nationality is unknown and who appears to be about 25 to 30 years old and 1.70 cm [sic] tall" comes anywhere close to the "reasonable certainty" criteria, but perhaps in Thailand it does, or perhaps in Thailand a warrant simply serves some other, obscure, purpose ...

(OTOH, if he really IS 1.70cm tall, then I guess that definitely IS a "reasonably certain" description ...)

Edited by hawker9000