Work Visa's Catch 22

Once again I find myself heading back to thailand in search of "work" , as a travelling diving instructor I find the catch 22 of the visa system a royal pain in the #@%$% , I'm lucky enough to be a veteran in my country and subsequentlyget a pension which negates the need to work and which allows me what was once a non-B but is now a non-O visa (I think thats correct) but I find the "you cant get a work visa without a job offer in writting and cant get a job offer without the visa " routine all a tad tiresome , this will mean that any work by travelling falang instructors is done illegally unless the company decideds to apply for the visa in which case it usually takes the length of the season b4 it (the visa) becomes approved and then your outa there ....now with the non-O I still have to leave the dam country and apply for the work visa externally even if they do offer a legitimate "job" with all the provisions complied with :o

is there some way of obtaining a temporary work visa that I dont know about ? or can I register a company without setting up an entire business infrastructure and have a go at it like that instead....as a last comment I find it very strange that a country that relys so heavily on westerners for this particular industry makes it so dam hard for them ..god only knows its not like the locals would fill the spaces if we left !!

Once again I find myself heading back to thailand in search of "work" , as a travelling diving instructor I find the catch 22 of the visa system a royal pain in the #@%$% , I'm lucky enough to be a veteran in my country and subsequentlyget a pension which negates the need to work and which allows me what was once a non-B but is now a non-O visa (I think thats correct) but I find the "you cant get a work visa without a job offer in writting and cant get a job offer without the visa " routine all a tad tiresome , this will mean that any work by travelling falang instructors is done illegally unless the company decideds to apply for the visa in which case it usually takes the length of the season b4 it (the visa) becomes approved and then your outa there ....now with the non-O I still have to leave the dam country and apply for the work visa externally even if they do offer a legitimate "job" with all the provisions complied with :o

is there some way of obtaining a temporary work visa that I dont know about ? or can I register a company without setting up an entire business infrastructure and have a go at it like that instead....as a last comment I find it very strange that a country that relys so heavily on westerners for this particular industry makes it so dam hard for them ..god only knows its not like the locals would fill the spaces if we left !!

Do you know any the diving school operators in southern Thailand ?

What is your present location and your nationality ?

Hi Andy -

If you enter Thailand on a non-immigrant Class O visa, the you areeligible to apply fora work permit from that entry permit status. My present work pernit and long-term entry permit extension were both based on a 90 day Class O visa obtained from Vientienne back in 2002.

It is completely routine to apply for both a work permit and an enrtry permit extension from Class O entry permit status - as long as it is NOT a retirement Class O (Class O-A).

The "threshhold of entry" for operating a company that enables you to secure a work permit AND long-term entry permit extension requires the wholedeal - formal business address, four thai employees, 2,000,000 baht paid-in capital, etc. If you can get a one-year multiple-entry visa, and can live with making border runs every 90 days, then the employee and capitalziation requirements do not apply.

Good luck.

Indo-Siam

You can look for a job on any visa, even a Visitors permit but you cannot work.

Once you get the job offer you fly to Malaysia and get a Non Imm B visa with the job offer letter. On return you can start work.

Simple

You can look for a job on any visa, even a Visitors permit but you cannot work.

Once you get the job offer you fly to Malaysia and get a Non Imm B visa with the job offer letter. On return you can start work.

Simple

you still need to get a work permit

Once again I find myself heading back to thailand in search of "work" , as a travelling diving instructor I find the catch 22 of the visa system a royal pain in the #@%$% , I'm lucky enough to be a veteran in my country and subsequentlyget a pension which negates the need to work and which allows me what was once a non-B but is now a non-O visa (I think thats correct) but I find the "you cant get a work visa without a job offer in writting and cant get a job offer without the visa " routine all a tad tiresome , this will mean that any work by travelling falang instructors is done illegally unless the company decideds to apply for the visa in which case it usually takes the length of the season b4 it (the visa) becomes approved and then your outa there ....now with the non-O I still have to leave the dam country and apply for the work visa externally even if they do offer a legitimate "job" with all the provisions complied with    :o

Do you know any the diving school operators in southern Thailand ?

What is your present location and your nationality ?

That location and nationality will still help ( unless they are state secrets )