Which office to transfer stamps from old passport to new passport?

koolkarl

And does one have to line up at 5 am for this too?

And can one still mail in 90 day report? I have read that some say it has stopped; others say it stil works.

I would have thought a new office would have made things better but since only 1 person there and he cannot sign anything,

the new situation is 2/3 worse than the old office.

Can write all kinds of expletives and question motives of immigration but in the end, we have the ultimate say with our physically moving,

lock, stock and barrel.

regards

Airport Office! There is currently no staff at Promenada to do transfers from old to new passport - it HAS to be done at the Airport Office. The process itself takes around 15 minutes, though you may have to wait in line for a longish time.

- and make sure it's all done BEFORE using any of the services at Promenada.

Cheers

I think the days of arriving at 14.00 to do ANYTHING with Immigration are done, esp. since they're splitting management between two offices. I'd suggest arriving at the old office near the Airport by 9 am to transfer your stamps from your old passport tonew. Don't forget the letter from your consulate/embassy requesting that Immigration perform this service.

And yes, it does appear you can still mail in your 90 day report -- to the old airport location, provided you send it 15 days in advance. Reports of the demise of the mail-in option are premature and being spread by people who received calls because there were problems with the paperwork they submitted when they mailed in their 90 day reports.

Don't forget the letter from your consulate/embassy requesting that Immigration perform this service.

If you arrive in the country on your new passport (I.e. You already have an arrival stamp in it) then you do not need the letter from your embassy / consulate

You only need the letter if your passport was issued to you in Thailand by your embassy / consulate

The stamp transfer is done at the BOI extension desk - I initially tried to get it done at 11:00 am on a Friday and they couldn't do it for me. Went at 7:30 am the following Monday and was number three in the queue

Don't forget the letter from your consulate/embassy requesting that Immigration perform this service.

If you arrive in the country on your new passport (I.e. You already have an arrival stamp in it) then you do not need the letter from your embassy / consulate

You only need the letter if your passport was issued to you in Thailand by your embassy / consulate

The stamp transfer is done at the BOI extension desk - I initially tried to get it done at 11:00 am on a Friday and they couldn't do it for me. Went at 7:30 am the following Monday and was number three in the queue

Sorry, thats not correct. I just arrived back from UK with my new passport a couple of weeks ago, arrival stamp in new passport but I was still required to get the letter asking Thai Immigration to transfer the Visa stamp into the new passport.

Perhaps another case of differential info based on who you speak to at Immigration?

Edited by PostmanPat

Sorry, thats not correct. I just arrived back from UK with my new passport a couple of weeks ago, arrival stamp in new passport but I was still required to get the letter asking Thai Immigration to transfer the Visa stamp into the new passport.

Perhaps another case of differential info based on who you speak to at Immigration?

Possibly - I picked up a form from immigration that asked for the stamps to be transferred and initially they asked for a letter from immigration but when I showed the arrival stamp they apologised and did the swap for me

I just completed transferring my visa to my new passport. I picked up my passport and arrived at the old Immigration office at around 10 am. I was promptly informed that there was no time availble for me on the Wednesday I arrived there. I had to come back at 7 am to get an appointment. I was # 6 in line and I waited for near 4 hours. The transfer took about 15 minutes max. I am guessing that it may be due to increased checks due to the Bangkok bombing.