Mae sai border run with Non imm 'O' Marriage visa problems?

I plan on going with car and wife to Mae sai border(Tachileik) from chiang mai. Ive been in Mae sai already 3times over past 3years, will this be a problem or should I choose another border? I red some problems before with mae sai, is this all ok now?
I currently have a multiple entry non O based upon marriage, see screenshot, http://prntscr.com/89wljj

Now the fact I need to do the border runs is that I dont have the required 400k in bank yet to do the 1year extensions, so my only option is to do these border runs until i have the requirements.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I just wanna make sure. Thank you for your help in advance.

I have the same visa. Had a visit from the Immigration Police 2 weeks ago. They checked my passport and said my visa (from Savannaket, Lao) was OK for now, but I can't keep renewing it every year and that I must come and see them before I go for a renewal early next year. Not sure if the rules are changing. Anyone else had a similar situation recently ?

I have the same visa. Had a visit from the Immigration Police 2 weeks ago. They checked my passport and said my visa (from Savannaket, Lao) was OK for now, but I can't keep renewing it every year and that I must come and see them before I go for a renewal early next year. Not sure if the rules are changing. Anyone else had a similar situation recently ?

Which immigration office did these "Immigration Police" represent?

There has been no National statement about any change of "rules"

A new single/multiple entry "O" visa can be obtained as frequently as is required. As long as the applicant can meet the requirements for the visa it will be issued.

A new single/multiple entry "O" visa can be obtained as frequently as is required. As long as the applicant can meet the requirements for the visa it will be issued.

When 3 guys dressed in black, carrying guns, a black pickup with the police symbol on the doors, uniforms full of badges, including the para badge, knock on your door then you tend to believe what they say. Not sure if this is a potential tea-money earner, but talking to the local expats it might just be that. I know the "rules" seem to vary from office to office, but this sounded national, but then again from your reply (and thank you for that) it may be just a local idea to generate some funds !!!

When 3 guys dressed in black, carrying guns, a black pickup with the police symbol on the doors, uniforms full of badges, including the para badge, knock on your door then you tend to believe what they say. Not sure if this is a potential tea-money earner, but talking to the local expats it might just be that. I know the "rules" seem to vary from office to office, but this sounded national, but then again from your reply (and thank you for that) it may be just a local idea to generate some funds !!!

If armed guys dressed in black are visiting you should seriously review the activities indulged in and the "friends/company" associated with.

smile.png

I doubt your story Elliot . Although I do read some awkward stories lately , I guess its easy stuff for the scaremongering trolls to monger some more .

But if its really getting the new normal , which isn't , let me be clear , there must be a lot more going on at the higher up echelons for it to turn rogue in many expects in the police force .Not impossible , but it will tell us the real state of affairs , and it can turn messy pretty quickly .

Intervening Farangs or foreigners for that matter. trying to stick their nose and complain at a meeting or whatever trying to lobby into it is not the Thai way and works into the opposite direction ,they will cut conveniences as the queue online etc , typically a Thai reaction to us to keep our mouths shut , until the time comes its convenient for them to listen to any of our stuff .

Its said to say so , but is just works like that , we should know when to say something and when not , at least thats their interpretation , and not only to us foreigners to locals also .But it will all turn no normal eventually when the pressure on them will decrease , exactly the reason why we should stay calm and not get into this mess off talking shit anyway .

I doubt your story Elliot . Although I do read some awkward stories lately , I guess its easy stuff for the scaremongering trolls to monger some more .

But if its really getting the new normal , which isn't , let me be clear , there must be a lot more going on at the higher up echelons for it to turn rogue in many expects in the police force .Not impossible , but it will tell us the real state of affairs , and it can turn messy pretty quickly .

Intervening Farangs or foreigners for that matter. trying to stick their nose and complain at a meeting or whatever trying to lobby into it is not the Thai way and works into the opposite direction ,they will cut conveniences as the queue online etc , typically a Thai reaction to us to keep our mouths shut , until the time comes its convenient for them to listen to any of our stuff .

Its said to say so , but is just works like that , we should know when to say something and when not , at least thats their interpretation , and not only to us foreigners to locals also .But it will all turn no normal eventually when the pressure on them will decrease , exactly the reason why we should stay calm and not get into this mess off talking shit anyway .

You can doubt all you want my friend, but I assure you what happened is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help me God. I was concerned sure, scared maybe a little, but if you think I'm in the business of scaremongering, then bearing in mind the recent government rulings on such actions I think most strongly that you are <DELETED> trying to cause a person you most certainly don't know problems by using on-line media and deformation is your nasty business. I do not indulge in Thai problems as my knowledge of the Thai language is much less than I would like. However farangs do talk to each other over a couple of beers, but are usually not outspoken and are careful if strangers appear to be listening-in to private conversations.

<DELETED>. So just in case you really meant a helpful comment I do sincerely apologise.

<deleted>

Elliot . If really happened as you said what happened , I really feel sorry that this has happened to you , I really do .

I did not in specifically manner meant that you were scaremongering , I meant with all the fuzzed stories coming out lately , it can be an opportunity for some , feeling like doing so , so to speak . I doubt what you wrote because its not usual , seems more like an area foreigner crackdown or something ,have you noticed more of it ?

I would certainly make a complaint it they showed up at my place like that ,but they probably were looking for someone ,if randomly to whomever and whenever ,i guess I would make up my mind and pack my stuff and leave this place for a long while ,thats for sure .

Nothing has changed for longer term visas. have you had traffic or other conviction since last renewal? Or maybe something in family has triggered something.

ask for ID take a picture next time and ask immigration why things have changed.

Nothing has changed for longer term visas. have you had traffic or other conviction since last renewal? Or maybe something in family has triggered something.

ask for ID take a picture next time and ask immigration why things have changed.

I've had no convictions and I'm not aware of anything that's changed. Checked with the local expats and most have had visits from the local police but not the Immigration Police. However in a couple of years I'll get my state pension and I intend to apply for a Marriage Visa anyway ( I'll have enough coming in every month to qualify).

The 3 guys that came were polite and not threatening, but their English wasn't too good. They gave me a brochure but it was in Thai but they said I should check the website address shown, so I did, but still no wiser. That's why I asked the question "has anyone else had such a visit" just in case things might be changing.

I've had no convictions and I'm not aware of anything that's changed. Checked with the local expats and most have had visits from the local police but not the Immigration Police. However in a couple of years I'll get my state pension and I intend to apply for a Marriage Visa anyway ( I'll have enough coming in every month to qualify).

The 3 guys that came were polite and not threatening, but their English wasn't too good. They gave me a brochure but it was in Thai but they said I should check the website address shown, so I did, but still no wiser. That's why I asked the question "has anyone else had such a visit" just in case things might be changing.

Where are you in Thailand?

Where are you in Thailand?

Isaan, why do you ask ?

Because I read a thread about people in Chiang Mai who have been getting unscheduled home visits from immigration officers and I wondered if you were in the same area.

Ok, I live on the outskirts of a very rural village near the Cambodian border in Buriram. Since my visit a few other nearby farangs have had visits. So seems to be happening more and more. As I'm the only farang actually living full term in my village ( there are 6 or 8 more, but they only come short time, maybe a week or 2 every year) I'm not suprised. My wife and I are legally married and when I get my state pension, hopefully in 2 and a bit years, unless the British government change the rules yet again, I will apply for a marriage visa so no more trips to Savannaket.