A great boutique quaint restaurant in Naklua

toenail

It is not easy to locate out of the norm, classy restaurants in this city but ran into a place called TREE TALES CAFE on Naklua Rd, near soi 10 about 1 kilometer before the daytime market. I would classify it something such as a boutique cafe with homemade desserts, fresh organic salads (not you usual iceberg lettuce with cream sauce slopped on it) and a unique selection of fusion dishes. The casual interior has a taste of an old Chinese coffee shop and the covered outside area is accented with plants and a water fountain--- something classy enough that one would find in Bangkok. The special menu was something I have never found in the 5 star hotel chain restaurants (I have worked/lived here ten years). This quaint eating place is not for the farang that likes fried food, but gears for more of the healthy food eater (they do have burgers and homemade fries). Thought I would share this for those who want to try something different. (Note: I have no idea why the owners opened up this small restaurant geared for Bangkok-weekenders and expats in a remote section of the city.) It is easy to get to my songtaew.

Yes there was a thread about this before which was closed and also the facebook page.

Still haven't tried it. Shame on me. I get the idea they are big on desserts and I'm not. Too bad I didn't think about it though when I was looking for my annual dessert.

Yes I know they have other foods and you're not required to order dessert there, but I think to me it would feel like going to a bar and ordering tomato juice.

Edited by Jingthing