Triple TR Visa Bali - Report

Does anyone know if there are any agencies doing paid bookings and canceling them later? I almost always do border runs and don't want to pay for plane tickets, besides I don't know if I'll stay 2 or 3 months during each entry.

Can you phrase that another way. BTW plane tickets are more cheaper that bus.

As for above info about HCMC tourist visa. Yes only single entry. Hanoi does double entry.

• 3 weeks later...

Following was posted at consulate's Twitter account on 25th of September:

"Starting October 2015, TR visa will have the additional required documents of hotel bookings and bank statement of min. $700."

The requirement of 700 dollars should be easy to meet, but hotel bookings? Really? For the whole period of 9 months (fitting the outbound flights)?

I guess a copy of a rent agreement should do it, but does anyone at all have that same requirement?

For a visa exemption it is understandable, but this is new for me for a TR visa.

• Like 1

Having lived in Bali previously, I can confirm it is a great place. However, unfortunately there are still people who are quite willing to rip you off. My best friend is a local who does tours, hotel pick ups etc. I have known him for more than 20 years. If anyone is travelling to Bali, feel free to pm me.

Great info - I used Savannakhet for a double entry because I was travelling back across from Hue in VN by bus which played havoc with my back and 'arris! Seems Bali is a great trip and a must see, so taking into account that it takes days for the visa application to be completed, maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

I have been guilty of wanting to get my visa run done (Cambodia) to get back to Patts but in the future I would certainly see more of the region by taking trips like this one the OP demonstrates.

Back off topic ref the entry to VN - does a UK citizen need the visa or not? I went in April this year and had a 3 month single entry visa and paid around $45 stamp on arrival in HCMC.

If a visa is no longer required, has the length of stay altered? IE - time limit in the country?

Thanks

Following was posted at consulate's Twitter account on 25th of September:

"Starting October 2015, TR visa will have the additional required documents of hotel bookings and bank statement of min. $700."

There is this ongoing topic about the change. Changes to Tourist Visa Requirements At Consulate in Bali.

You will find more info there posted by a consulate officer.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this wonderful report. You've convinced me to go to Bali for my next run.

Beware things have changed since.

You need $700 in the bank and hotel bookings

And 3 paid for flights out of Thailand if applying for a triple entry visa

The 3 flights out of THL are part of the initial requirements stated in the OP reports.

What's more relevant is to also say that not only requirements have changed (to additional bank statements with $700 and hotel bookings) but there are likely to change again on the 13th of Nov with METV .

Edited by aneliane

Thank you for this wonderful report. You've convinced me to go to Bali for my next run.

Thanks for the info - I went and read the other thread on the new requirements. I'm also going to make sure to get there before the 13th!

The consulate officer also mentioned that a rental agreement will satisfy the requirement.

And 3 paid for flights out of Thailand if applying for a triple entry visa

Is that correct? Don't want to split hairs, but does not a single entry require proof of flight into Thailand ONLY. Then a triple would require 3 flights into Thailand and TWO out of Thailand . Five tickets all up.

Only a ticket out of the country is needed for each entry. That would be 3 tickets out.

Joe is that ticket out the same requirement at other consulates? Does not a single entry require only a ticket into Thailand . I don't get the logic. What if someone wants to convert that visa to say a non imm o. Or exit via land crossing.

I'm hearing reports that Bali is now only issuing single entry till the new visas come into effect on the 13th. Is this true? I need to book flight for tomorrow blink.png

Where did you "hear" these reports ?

Sounds a lot like rumour to me !

Are you aware of Bali's requirements for issuing tourist visas?

Some dude on a Chiang Mai facebook group said his friend just tried and could only get a single, sounded strange so thought I'd check here. I will post on there that it's BS.

Regarding the requirements:

1 Photo (Passport size)

1 Copy of passport (Data page)

1 Confirmed fight ticket LEAVING Thailand (in English version)

1 Hotel Booking, Rental Contract or Sponsor Letter from your friend (with your friend's ID and a copy of house registration or rental contract that has your friend's name on it)

1 Bank Statement with minimum of $700 (per visa)

and the fee is Rp 560.000 per entry (Maximum 3 entries)

I'm assuming I can just print out a bank statement from my online account?

Some dude on a Chiang Mai facebook group said his friend just tried and could only get a single, sounded strange so thought I'd check here. I will post on there that it's BS.

Regarding the requirements:

1 Photo (Passport size)

1 Copy of passport (Data page)

1 Confirmed fight ticket LEAVING Thailand (in English version)

1 Hotel Booking, Rental Contract or Sponsor Letter from your friend (with your friend's ID and a copy of house registration or rental contract that has your friend's name on it)

1 Bank Statement with minimum of $700 (per visa)

and the fee is Rp 560.000 per entry (Maximum 3 entries)

I'm assuming I can just print out a bank statement from my online account?

If applying for a triple entry visa you need 3 confirmed,paid for tickets out of Thailand.

One flight out will only secure a single entry visa.