Triple TR Visa Bali - Report

Nice tight report - gave everything needed.

The THB/Rupia has dropped 30% over last 4 years and hence the visa would have been a comparable price to 1,000 Baht then - So I guess its more a currency rate of exchange issue.

I was surprised that the cost of hotel accommodation was low - I had always thought that Bali was an expensive place to live or visit.

Felt motivated to give the journey a try myself rather than Lao after reading this - Good contribution!

Flights from Kuala Lumpur to Bali one way as well return I got always below 2000 THB, booked one month in advance. several flight each day.

From Thailand south border Padang Besar you reach Kuala Lumpur with high speed train in 4hr 30 min. Also you can take a sleeper train arriving at a convenient time. Sleeper train price MYR 38, From KL train station to KLIA airport, 30 min interval MYR 10.

I like Bali and stay there normally 30 day then go back 30 day to amazing Thailand and start over again. It's easy to rent an apartment (10 min by motorbike to Sanur beach) for IDR 2,000,000/month. A motorbike I rent for IDR 600,000/month.

Bali people are super friendly and if you don't need alcohol the living cost is really cheap.

Yikes - £100 / $150 / month accommodation and £30 / $50 / month bike is super low cost - Wow.

Friend was telling that Bintang is the best selling and most popular beer in Indonesia was about £1.25 / $2 USD per bottle which is not too bad, but whisky was expensive and so were all the other spirits.

​Curious - How you manage the Visa consideration - If 30 days in Thailand then 30 days in Bali - then start the process over - Is this on a tourist multi visa and if so will you not be limited by the expiry date for using the multi parts - Or do you more like simply do a single tourist in one country (since a visa exempt used continuously would be difficult)?

The THB/Rupia has dropped 30% over last 4 years and hence the visa would have been a comparable price to 1,000 Baht then - So I guess its more a currency rate of exchange issue.

I was surprised that the cost of hotel accommodation was low - I had always thought that Bali was an expensive place to live or visit.

Felt motivated to give the journey a try myself rather than Lao after reading this - Good contribution!

For hotels I stayed near the embassy, for under 500B per night.

Food wise I was eating for 20-30K (50-75B) a meal in small family run restaurants, who made their own delicious noodles.

You have to try Tempeh an indonesian special !

For 20K (50B) you get a motorbike to take you to Sanur Beach to watch the famous sunrise

post-160839-0-47132800-1440859973_thumb.

• Like 2

For hotels I stayed near the embassy, for under 500B per night.

Food wise I was eating for 20-30K (50-75B) a meal in small family run restaurants, who made their own delicious noodles.

You have to try Tempeh an indonesian special !

For 20K (50B) you get a motorbike to take you to Sanur Beach to watch the famous sunrise

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Terrific response - Thanks for doing that!

• Like 1

The wife and are recently back from a trip to Bali. Been going there for years. That was probably our last trip though as it is certainly losing its charm. Granted the beaches are cleaner every year, but the infrastructure is being left behind and the traffic is crazy all the time.. It is a very busy place with plenty of tourists, and the locals are no where near as friendly when I first went there in the mid 80s. But that could be said of a lot of places though. It is cheap there, and some stuff is cheaper than Thailand, but not all. The hardest thing for me is the food, as I find it bland compared to Thai dishes.

With regards to the Consulate, the OP is correct stating the staff are super nice there. It can be tricky to find also, but just look out for the Thai flag when you get to the street. We went there to apply for a Non O visa for the wife as she is trying to become a defendant/follower on my Extension of Stay based on retirement. Had all the correct paperwork and fee, which was submitted and accepted after checking it with the boss out back. They also requested our contact details in case there was a problem. Advised to come back a couple of days later to collect her passport. Which was actually a Thai public holiday but they were open. I went back to pick up the passport only to be advised that Denpensar doesn't have the authority to issue those types of visas and that it would have to done through Jakarta. So I was a bit peeved that they couldn't ring us and tell us this so we could have organized a flight out Thailand so the wife could then just apply for a Tourist Visa then and there. They did refund her original fee and all the paperwork etc. Went back the following Monday and managed to get the Tourist Visa before we flew out on Thursday.

We were not sure whether we would get the Non O visa before we went there even after several attempts to contact the Denpensar Consulate before we left LOS. Just didn't reply or didn't answer the questions. So we had plan B and were prepared to go down the Tourist visa path if required. They have plenty of information about all the visas stuck on their outside wall. There were a couple of people there that were refused a Tourist visa as they didn't have proof of onward travel.

Also, big tip, if you are staying in the tourist area, then use Grab Taxi for transport to and from the Consulate. Super cheap, great cars and very reliable. Cheers.

• Like 2

You are talking of holidays.

I am doing a Visa run report and comparing Bali to other destinations to get a visa in Asia.

If you know a paradise without traffic that grants triple TR entries please share.

Yes traffic is annoying, but coming from Bangkok it was less an issue for me, and again I am doing a visa run, not a Julia Robert retreat to find myself. The all time I had in mind Vientiane's scams, its annoying touts, the embassy line, the stroppy embassy officer, the dodgy agents, the time spent there getting super bored, and the fact you are part of a horde, the visa run horde,that everyone resents for not having "the proper visa" and everyone sees you as such. Here it was such a RELIEF to have none of this.

Everyone I asked direction to, included a policeman, ended its sentence by "take care".

One night, I was walking on a small street and a dog was growling at me, some teenagers came to my rescue, not just by chasing the dogs, they insisted to give me a lift on their scooter back to my hotel for safety. On their bike I could not help thinking of the many times I was faced with rude teenagers in Thailand.

Walking on the streets, I was greeted many times and offered a lift a few times.

I ordered a taxi by mail for 2pm, not only he offered to come at 1.45pm, 15 mins earlier, but his mail was just so sweet.

Hi XXXX
Hope you r in a lovely momment in Renon .thank you for contacting me n ok I will be there at 13.45 tmorrow

Best wishes

NYOMAN - ( a balinese name )

• Like 2

I've been wondering for years whether the Bali consulate might even offer non-O (marriage) multiple visas. I've gotten one at Jakarta, also a similarly very nice consulate, but always figured Bali's consulate might be more limited as to what they offer. I've looked around on internet a few times and not found any info.

Anyone get a non-O multiple at Bali recently?

See SUPRISE SUPRISE

Not all Asians are rude and the Thais should take note of the courtesy on display over there. What you get here is a cold stair and looking for a reason for you not to enter

Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking.. Well truth probably not to much

• Like 2

You are talking of holidays.

I am doing a Visa run report and comparing Bali to other destinations to get a visa in Asia.

If you know a paradise without traffic that grants triple TR entries please share.

Yes traffic is annoying, but coming from Bangkok it was less an issue for me, and again I am doing a visa run, not a Julia Robert retreat to find myself. The all time I had in mind Vientiane's scams, its annoying touts, the embassy line, the stroppy embassy officer, the dodgy agents, the time spent there getting super bored, and the fact you are part of a horde, the visa run horde,that everyone resents for not having "the proper visa" and everyone sees you as such. Here it was such a RELIEF to have none of this.

Everyone I asked direction to, included a policeman, ended its sentence by "take care".

One night, I was walking on a small street and a dog was growling at me, some teenagers came to my rescue, not just by chasing the dogs, they insisted to give me a lift on their scooter back to my hotel for safety. On their bike I could not help thinking of the many times I was faced with rude teenagers in Thailand.

Walking on the streets, I was greeted many times and offered a lift a few times.

I ordered a taxi by mail for 2pm, not only he offered to come at 1.45pm, 15 mins earlier, but his mail was just so sweet.

Hi XXXX

Hope you r in a lovely momment in Renon .thank you for contacting me n ok I will be there at 13.45 tmorrow

Best wishes

NYOMAN - ( a balinese name )

You mentioned in the initial posting that "He checked my 3 return flights from Thailand" - I am assuming here that this was for flights leaving Thailand on a date prior to the expiry date of the Visa validity period - Is this correct? What was the reason for 3 return flights from Thailand - rather than a single flight required to leave Thailand at the end of the Visa?

I agree with you about the Vientiane experience - It is a shabby one - The only plus is they never do seem to check for flight tickets at the end of the tourist visa.

Again - Gora say this was r really good report!

Edited by spambot

You are right, the main thing is to get the 3 return tickets out of Thailand. Bali is indeed very specific about tickets, they can't be booking pages or itinerary, they want confirmed tickets paid for, with receipts.

I had mine for the 3 times I needed to leave the kingdom, ie every 3 months. So:

- 1st ticket at 3 months

- 2nd ticket at 6 months ish

- 3rd ticket at 9 months ish

They made the visa valid until my date of second ticket which was perfect.

About the returns, I think the idea is to "upgrade" us to higher spenders/"quality tourists" and send the cheap border runs Charlies back home.

Or in my case the people fed up with border runs (touts/crowds/agents/stroppy officers/moody immigration/queues) and who prefer paying a bit more to avoid the all shebang.

• Like 1

Already complimented this thread. There are so many treads about border runs and minimum trime possible etc. Recently did Vientiane for a non O. Love my time in UT and think this thread is about alternatives. People without time constraints. Maybe not for working in jobs like teaching. I live in bkk because I like it but also for the airports. Back from hcmc yesterday today Japan. Flights are cheap. VERY. Never understood the concept of LONG bus rides....Anyway nice report about the different style of obtaining a visa.

I have at times posted about good alternatives to quick visa run. In particular HCMC. Hope more posts from members similar to this OP would be very useful

• Like 2

Bali is called the Island of the Gods for a good reason it is so peaceful. I had to come to the states this year. It was about 80,000 baht return. I checked on the cost of Bali for 52,000 baht we could have

flown to Bali and payed for a month lodging in a nice motel. We had used it before and found it more than adequate.

A suggestion for those who want to tour it. We gathered all the pamphlets at the airport went through them and made a list of the places we wanted to see. Then hired a car for the day gave the driver the list and let him figure out the best way to see them all. Have done this twice and still have half my list. He did manage to get us into one where he got a kick back. Not a bad deal for us considering the dancing was very beautiful.

• Like 1

You are right, the main thing is to get the 3 return tickets out of Thailand. Bali is indeed very specific about tickets, they can't be booking pages or itinerary, they want confirmed tickets paid for, with receipts.

I had mine for the 3 times I needed to leave the kingdom, ie every 3 months. So:

- 1st ticket at 3 months

About the returns, I think the idea is to "upgrade" us to higher spenders/"quality tourists" and send the cheap border runs Charlies back home.

Or in my case the people fed up with border runs (touts/crowds/agents/stroppy officers/moody immigration/queues) and who prefer paying a bit more to avoid the all shebang.

Good response - This is very useful information - And it's really 'do need to know' info you have provided here - Since knowing this will ensure no disappointment before applying for a Visa. Great contribution.

What surprised me is that its not just one ticket they want to see, but rather its the whole life of the visa and every stage of the visa i.e 3 flights.

Just one small clarification - Because its a tourist visa - Shouldn't the above three ticket dates be 60 days apart rather than the 90 days (3 months) as indicated?

Already complimented this thread. There are so many treads about border runs and minimum trime possible etc. Recently did Vientiane for a non O. Love my time in UT and think this thread is about alternatives. People without time constraints. Maybe not for working in jobs like teaching. I live in bkk because I like it but also for the airports. Back from hcmc yesterday today Japan. Flights are cheap. VERY. Never understood the concept of LONG bus rides....Anyway nice report about the different style of obtaining a visa.

I have at times posted about good alternatives to quick visa run. In particular HCMC. Hope more posts from members similar to this OP would be very useful

Good post.

Its this extra information that gets people motivated to widen horizons.

I use to do the border run In/Outs at Malaysia border and get a double entry tourist visa in Vientiane

However in 3 weeks for first time going to HCMC for 6 days to do border run to enact 2nd part of Tourist visa.

Vietnam is especially appealing now since as UK passport holder I get visa free access (As of 1 July 2015, visitors travelling to Vietnam with passports issued by France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom do not require a visa).

And the costs are very reasonable - Return flight Air Asia 2,700 Baht - Hotel 700 Baht/night (District 1) - And possibly 2 nights in Mui Ne beach (about 800 Baht/night).

Again - Good extra info. Thanks for doing that.

• Like 1

True SAMBOT. I just had 7 days there.1560baht return I kid you not. District 1 big room flat screen large fridge etc. Air. 12usd per night. Yes UK so lucky 15 visa exempt ....prrfect. Cost AU folk about 65usd all up.

However week before was in Singapore. Yes visa exempt but HELLS BELLS how expensive. The beer in HCMC is 15baht in cafes. Also hear Singapore consulate not so easy. Hcmc consulate...breeze

• Like 2

- 1st ticket at 3 months

Good response - This is very useful information - And it's really 'do need to know' info you have provided here - Since knowing this will ensure no disappointment before applying for a Visa. Great contribution.

What surprised me is that its not just one ticket they want to see, but rather its the whole life of the visa and every stage of the visa i.e 3 flights.

Just one small clarification - Because its a tourist visa - Shouldn't the above three ticket dates be 60 days apart rather than the 90 days (3 months) as indicated?

You have the 30 days extensions to add

• Like 1

Vietnam is especially appealing now since as UK passport holder I get visa free access (As of 1 July 2015, visitors travelling to Vietnam with passports issued by France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom do not require a visa).

Are you sure?

I cannot find any thing on this ...

As far as I see they are still $35 for UK EU etc..

Unless you hold a passport from Japan or one of the ASEAN member states, you’ll need a visa to enter Laos. The good news is that you probably won’t need to arrange it in advance; thirty-day visas are now available on arrival at most international borders. Note that all visitors must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the time of entry into Laos.

Visas on arrival take just a few minutes to process, cost around $35,

Read more: http://www.roughguides.com/destinations/asia/laos/entry-requirements/#ixzz3kNrMG0tD

800px-Visa_policy_of_Laos.png

Edited by Kitsune

Bali has a lot of options, from a few dollars to 1000 USD a night. Horses for courses.

Easy to rent a Harley, and tour the island.

If you want a taxi take "BlueBird"

Nice food ( check Made's Warang if in Denpasar.)

KuDeTa restaurant and bar if you want to splash out for a good night out, plenty of bars and local food available, try a Padang restaraunt

A short hop to Lombok,( various options on that) much more laid back, and some great beaches, but primary muslim locals, unlike the Balinese.

Are you sure?

Unless you hold a passport from Japan or one of the ASEAN member states, you’ll need a visa to enter Laos. The good news is that you probably won’t need to arrange it in advance; thirty-day visas are now available on arrival at most international borders. Note that all visitors must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the time of entry into Laos.

Read more: http://www.roughguides.com/destinations/asia/laos/entry-requirements/#ixzz3kNrMG0tD

Try keeping up to date!

http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption.html

http://www.emigra.com/news/vietnam-visa-free-entry-for-certain-nationalities/

Information found in the "Rough Guide" is often outdated or inaccurate.

Are you sure?

Try keeping up to date!

http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption.html

http://www.emigra.com/news/vietnam-visa-free-entry-for-certain-nationalities/

Information found in the "Rough Guide" is often outdated or inaccurate.

Oops

I read VIENTIANE

Sorry my bad

Yes I knew about VIETNAM new free visa exempt

Thanks

True SAMBOT. I just had 7 days there.1560baht return I kid you not. District 1 big room flat screen large fridge etc. Air. 12usd per night. Yes UK so lucky 15 visa exempt ....prrfect. Cost AU folk about 65usd all up.

However week before was in Singapore. Yes visa exempt but HELLS BELLS how expensive. The beer in HCMC is 15baht in cafes. Also hear Singapore consulate not so easy. Hcmc consulate...breeze

awwwww - Do Not remind me - I had your same price that you paid, but then I got an email on the same day as quote for a promo Air Asia announcing that ALL prices would be reduced by a 50% in next 24 hrs. So obviously I waited - But the price actually went up to 2.700.Baht.

Anyway outside that - Good to hear of your experience there - Glad you gave the insight - Looking forward to a great experience.myself.

I was tempted on my last time of visa renewal to try and get this in HCMC, but because I simply read too many reports that sounded awful - I thought it was not worth the risk.

Do you have any experience or any thoughts here?

PS - If Singapore was ever on my list of must view cities - it just fell off really quickly B+)

- 1st ticket at 3 months

You have the 30 days extensions to add

Ahhhh - Good point! - I should have seen that myself - Thanks for the clarification.

awwwww - Do Not remind me - I had your same price that you paid, but then I got an email on the same day as quote for a promo Air Asia announcing that ALL prices would be reduced by a 50% in next 24 hrs. So obviously I waited - But the price actually went up to 2.700.Baht.

Anyway outside that - Good to hear of your experience there - Glad you gave the insight - Looking forward to a great experience.myself.

I was tempted on my last time of visa renewal to try and get this in HCMC, but because I simply read too many reports that sounded awful - I thought it was not worth the risk.

Do you have any experience or any thoughts here?

PS - If Singapore was ever on my list of must view cities - it just fell off really quickly B+)

HCMC according to reports only gives out single entries TR.

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1