Cobra catching.

KenDidd

Ok chaps, ive got this big cobra behind my house, its about 2m long. its been slithering about for a while now and im sure its nest is behind my house. i want to make a cobra trap and catch it, i also want to find its nest and smash its egg's. If anyone has any ideas on how to trap cobras please help,thanks Ken.

Thanks Charlie but id like to catch this one myself, ive only killed small ones before and the thought of killing a 2m whopper then riding around the village on my honda wave waving it around my head and yelping like a rabid dog is quite enchanting.

If you're so intent on killing it, make it a fair fight and go after it with your bare hands.

However, far better to catch it alive (or find someone local who can do it for you) and then release it somewhere in the wild.

And don't smash the eggs - think of the advantage if someone had smashed yours a long time ago. If you do find them, simply remove them to somewhere forested.

" riding around the village on my honda wave waving it around my head and yelping like a rabid dog is quite enchanting"

How to win friends and influence people huh, they will probably think you have mental health issues.

Someone did, and as for bare hands, no way, this is a 2m cobra that wouldnt be a fair fight, they have venom and if that bites me im dead. Im going in fully armed, machette, catapuilt and cast net. I live in the jungle, you have to keep yourself protected from the dangers here you know, the eggs must be smashed.

" riding around the village on my honda wave waving it around my head and yelping like a rabid dog is quite enchanting"

How to win friends and influence people huh, they will probably think you have mental health issues.

Thats what they do up here, im only trying to fit in.

Thats what they do up here, im only trying to fit in.

"up here" ? and where exactly is "up here" ? your attitude toward the snake is hardly "humane" and you seem to be exaggerating things somewhat.

Unless you or members of your family are in immediate danger there is no need to harm the snake.

Edited by RolandRat

I already think he has mental health issues. Forget the snake. tongue.png

I think he has mental health issues already!

" I live in the jungle, you have to keep yourself protected from the dangers here you know"

That "jungle" is the natural habitat for the snakes, not yours.

Why not just move to the city where people like you feel safe?

" I live in the jungle, you have to keep yourself protected from the dangers here you know"

That "jungle" is the natural habitat for the snakes, not yours.

Why not just move to the city where people like you feel safe?

No danger in the Jungle, The Jungle is neutral,,

The buggers at the back of my house, i see it regular, what would you do then just let it be? these things are killers, and when the eggs hatch who knows what could happen. Like they say, when in Rome.

You have whats known as Crocodile Dundee syndrome.

Be warned: they spit poison too!

(not joking, from my own experience)

Does anyone know if all cobras spit, or is it just certain types?

I've seen em on telly, they are very accurate at hitting you in the eyes!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply's. My plan for a dusk attack does'nt seem like such a good idea now, ive had a quick poke around in the giant bamboo where i think its hiding out and realised that if i came face to face with the beast in there i may be on to a hiding. The wifes had a word with some of the local lads and they are in there now, ill leave it to them as they look to be having fun.

The one i see is a dark olive green, its a cobra for sure as it reared up as i rode past on mt bike 2 days ago. It crosses the road at the back of our house at dusk from the bamboo heading into the jungle, must be going hunting. Im quite sure its nest is in the bamboo. Anyone know what kind? Is it a spitter?

The one i see is a dark olive green, its a cobra for sure as it reared up as i rode past on mt bike 2 days ago. It crosses the road at the back of our house at dusk from the bamboo heading into the jungle, must be going hunting. Im quite sure its nest is in the bamboo. Anyone know what kind? Is it a spitter?

sounds like a king.