Korean Call Center Operation found by Police in Central Pattaya

Lite Beer

Korean Call Center Operation found by Police in Central Pattaya

call-4.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Based on a tip-off, Pattaya Police, Immigration Police and Chonburi Police raided a room at an apartment complex in Central Pattaya on Saturday Afternoon and discovered three Koreans in the process of setting-up an illegal call center.

Police Major General Nittipong, the Chonburi Provincial Police Commander, led the raid at the Benjapan Mansion Apartments, located behind the Nong Or Temple in Central Pattaya, and made their way to a 3rd floor room.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/215683/based-on-a-tip-off-pattaya-police-immigration-police-and-chonburi-police-raided-a-room-at-an-apartment-complex-in-central-pattaya-on-saturday-afternoon-and-discovered-three-koreans-in-the-process-of/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-30

What do these call centres actually do? I'm guessing it's not providing timely help and advice for some company's customer base.

From the full article...

"They told Police that they had been at this location for a matter of days and were preparing to begin their call center, whereby they would call people in South Korea and use various methods to obtain their credit card details. The account information would then allegedly be used for fraudulent purposes."

I find it curious why a Major General needs to lead the raid. It's no wonder the middle ranking officers feel undervalued - I guess.

I mean, it's like the Chief Constable of, say, Yorkshire leading a raid in Beverley.

Mind you, with over 2000 generals in the country there are enough to go round, particularly if you want a photo op.

What a cynic I am biggrin.png

I find it curious why a Major General needs to lead the raid. It's no wonder the middle ranking officers feel undervalued - I guess.

I mean, it's like the Chief Constable of, say, Yorkshire leading a raid in Beverley.

Mind you, with over 2000 generals in the country there are enough to go round, particularly if you want a photo op.

What's a Chief Constable and what's a Beverley?

What's a Chief Constable and what's a Beverley?

Well, if you are from the USA I suppose it's the same as the top cop in one of your states. (Not sure if you have such a structure). Anyway, it's the top policeman in the UK county, not to be confused with a sheriff in a US county!.

Beverley is a very nice small town in Yorkshire.

Edited by petercool
put comments outside of quote

Why would they come to Thailand to do this, instead of staying in Korea?

Make Korean "income" in Thailand.

Is it any different of other farangs doing remote working under tropical palms?

Much harder to track down than in their home country.

Catching them requires transnational police work.

Most of the internet/phone gangsters reside in countries which make them hard to catch.