Buying small condo off-plan - current, reputable projects?

simon43

Buying off-plan is always a financial risk in Thailand - the project may go bust or it could just be a scam. But the risk of buying off-plan can be reduced (maybe?) if one buys into a project from a major company with a decent track record.

So... can someone tell me the names of some of the major condo projects in Pattaya/Jomtien right now? I'm in Phuket, but want to purchase off-plan (ie monthly payments over a couple of years), a small condo in Pattaya/Jomtien as an option for when I'm old and slobbering after loose women :) (My current location in a rubber tree plantation in north Phuket offers little choices in that regard...)

Easy to purchase a condo in Pattaya, but with about 20,000 under construction, not so easy to sell.

50% of the condos under construction here have been mothballed, so think very carefully before proceeding.

Better to save your money and purchase a completed condo when you have the funds rather than putting money into a project that may never take off.

Look up "The Waterfront" the same company has a project at Cosy Beach, but no progress for two years.

Your ten percent non refundable down payment goes as sale commission. So you can kiss that goodbye.