Martial arts tour in Thailand

Hi everyone. I'm comeing to Thailand for the first time. I own a martial arts school here in the states and can write the trip off as a business trip if I can get a few receipts from schools in Thailand.

I'd like to take a few private lessons from differnt teachers and document it so the trip is for business purposes. Can anyone point me in the right direction or put me in contact with some teachers? Il be in Bankock for a weekend then off into a more secluded retreat.

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

Check on websites through Google. There is a whole raft of them on there.

Muay Thai, Chinese martial arts, Aikido, various Karate styles, Kendo, Ju Jitsu etc.

MMA there is the Bangkok Fight Lab - the instructor there is a black belt in Ju Jitsu and Shotokan, very experienced at coaching and teaching and ex champ. Worth checking out if your into that.

There is also a Penjat Silat course running in Bangkok on 3rd and 4th October if that's of interest.

Bring back some fight gear and keep them in the Dojo. Teach a few techniques to your students. I came hear decades ago and when I returned to teach....Shotokan, I started training my students on a heavy bag that was always hanging from a chain, off the chain and worked on real low leg kicks. Generating lots of power. Now I guess lots of people do this. But my students cleaned up in competition.......

I was with Tohei Sensei.

Never heard of the man you name.

He was/is, likely from a different lineage system.

He was a student of Saito Sensei. He ran a dojo in North Oakland off Telegraph Ave in the 1980s.

Archived