Considering looking for a thai wife.

Lukasisgood

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are smart, and you have more than $3000 monthly income to spend here, you can live like a millionaire in Thailand.

If you are smart, you NEVER will say or show that you make that kind of "wealthy" to women or anybody here.

If you are not smart, you will find only people interested in took advantage of that and to "help" you to spend what you have, and what you do not have.

If you show your giving personality making clear that you only have conditions to offer a safe, nice, and simple life to your partner, but with respect, love, and appreciation, you will find the right Thai woman and Thai family to share your life. Will take a lot of time, and frustrations, when rejected and betrayed by people you may like, just because what you offer is not enough for them...but..that is just a learning experience you need, to not make mistakes in Thailand.

Edited by Muzarella

I have many stories. Which one would you like to hear?

My experience with Thai ladies is that they are immature/youngish in the mind.

Buy them a teddy bear; buy flowers; buy anything! Tell 'em every hour, "I luv you too much, darlink".

Kiss them on the forehead - never on the lips = dirty sex?

Valentine's Day is a bigun - flowers; romantic messages, cards {I luv you stuff).

Never show affection in public!

I don't know much but I do know that ROMANCE is EVERYTHING to a Thai lady.

I agree totally. That's why you will need to learn Thai.

Every woman, in every country, in any status or religion, likes sweet talk.

I do not speak Thai, at all, but every time I said something sweet to my wife in English...she melts....and responds.

To have at my side a lot younger beautiful wife, getting romantic with a 70 years old guy, just because a small talk.....Priceless!

Have you ever been to Thailand?

First time I went was with my Thai missus when she was my girlfriend... I felt like I'd taken sand to the beach...

Go and enjoy what is on offer a few times first. Have some fun with some girls.

I got a pre nump and it doesn't protect you for anything after marriage. Or anything you can't prove... she still gets half of everything you gain after getting married and if she takes out loans and stuff you can get the liability of those too...

Don't think it's love, she is with you for what you give her that she can't get without you. Don't look for romance, look for a partnership. And if you can find one, an orfan!

No offense but does your wife not love you then? If all Thai girls are only in it for the material gain then surely your wife is too?

I really feel that its harsh to assume that all Thai women are capable of some of the horror stories published on this forum and in general circulation around the world.

I for one certainly don't subscribe to that line of thought. I know doubters will say its only a matter of time but that's just BS from bitter individuals

They're not all gold diggers, just as we are not all looking for a slave girl.

Some want material wealth and status, but some just want security and preferably with someone the are comfortable with. The two are different.

They don't do romance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

What????? My wife and I have a better relationship than any other couple I know so that statement is utter nonsense I,m afraid.

Maybe we are an exception but surely you can't believe that Thai women don't do romance????

So even you think you are an exception...

All the other comments here are saying they are romantic if you buy them things... so, if you pay them they put on a show... really? No sht sherlock. Must be love.

The thought that a young girl is with a 70 year old falang just for sweet talk... that's a joke right? [emoji23]

To OP, try not to delude yourself. Disillusionment is expensive.

I know a lot of blokes who have apparently found diamonds and are very happy.

Try Philippines too.

There is no better advice than to be just as careful as you would in your businesses. Here, as well as in the U. S., it has to do with a lot of luck. I lucked out and met my wife 25 years ago in the U. S. and it's been a great marriage overall.Coming here to find a wife is very risky for all the reasons already given. Proceed with caution and best of luck to you.

Thanks for everyones replies: I suppose she dosn't have to be thai I'd like to meet the right person reguardless of where she is born. Honestly I'm tired of western women. I'm 36 years old and succesful with my own business and I don't have a problem finding women. I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but there are just so many issues. If they have a job, then they do not have the time that I have to go places and do things. I started my business so I would never be trapped by a corporation or employer. I can go where I want when I want. Being with somone that has those restrictions is not the way I want to live my life. My last relationship this was an isssue. I go places and she had to always work and would angry that I was going to go anyway. She wanted me to stop traveling because she couldn't go. It just wasn't working.

Then there are the other types. The ones that are fine without working, but don't make Makeing a home and a life for their husband a priority. They like to not work but don't want to work on a home life and being a loveing wife. There are some, but woman like this are found in religons. I am spiritual, but I could never marry a christian woman. I love the bhuddist tradition and have incorperated much of it into my personal philosophy.

I don't know. It seems like a thai woman that is not in the bar scene could be a wonderful choice That is of course if she could fall in love with me aswell.

Honestly, I kike the idea of being able to bring someone and maybe her family out of a poor situation as well or at least help. Is it wrong to want to be your love's knight in shining armor. I don't want some kind of control. I'm a sap remeber. Chances are she will where the boots anyway. I would enjoy Makeing a life with a deserving person.

Thai women are most likely bhuddist. I love this philosophy and want to emerse myself in it. I will be staying at a monestary for a while to learn more. It seems like a natural fit. Am I wrong? I'm not planning on looking for a girl in the bar scene, but i don't know where the wind will take me. That's why I'm posting here to gather information.

Certainly if other options present themselves I'm an open book Thai or not Thai, but I have never been one not to chase my dreams. This is the one thing missing for me.

There are nice Thai women available, but you pretty much need to be here full time, or close to it, and be lucky to find one. My gf is great, but she's had virtually no interaction with Westerners prior to me, and I kinda lucked out. Check their Facebook friends. If they have 100s of Western guys, I'd be very suspect. My GF has 0 western friends other than me. She has a master's degree and works for the Thai government.

Honestly, have you considered Philippines? Its a bit easier to meet a nice girl there IMO.

If you are a professional of some kind, Hong Kong is a goldmine, with a ratio of about 84 men per 100 women--but the women there are notoriously picky. You need a college degree and preferably a master's degree (as most of them have) to pull from the local population. Honestly, I found it easier to date in Hong Kong than Thailand--assuming you aren't going for bar girls.

Ok update.

I have take all the advice from all the good people here and others. I have been some time on thaifriendly to get a feeling for the woman. I have learned a lot. Looked for all the things eveyone warns me about. It's definantly there. Some

Times blatantly so. One woman about 29' as caught my eye. She works in a smll resturante supporting her five year old. She seems sweet and down to earth. Her English isn't to great but enough that we can talk. We have been exchanging pictures and she seems to live a simple life. I know everything is up in the air, but I will visit her when I come. She seems cautious which is a good thing. Some of the others seem ready to marry me now. I will not be seeing these women.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm planning to expand part of my busienss to thailand. I have a realy great business and what I want to offer westerners will be incredible. I will be spending a lot of time in thailand setting this up and running it. Hopefully if inmeet the right lady, she can can help. I'm not counting on anything just white board talking to you folks because I value your opinions and experience. What do you all think?

Interesting...

What about the ones who studied and got degrees abroad (UK, USA, Australia, etc.)?

I'd love to read what you mean by "normal Thai girls"

So where do I go? Do I ask a lady out at a bank, A resturante in the country, or at a coffee shop? I'm prepared to travel to normal non tourist areas. Obviously the bar scene is a mine feild, but are their places that Thais go to for their own fun? Would I be welcome there? Are there events and festivals that bring the "normal" girls out? Is there something I can participate in that might make me friends and get me into groups of quality people. I will not be trying to pick up anyone, I want to get to know them. Any tips can only help.

So you speak enough Thai to ask a lady in the bank out?

Hint:

normal Thai girls don't speak English..... not one of them ...... not even the English teachers.

Luke - your writing like you are looking for a 1950's American dream relationship, with a Thai in exchange for Mary-Sue.

As all are saying, do not come here looking for a wife, or feel obligated to be there for any girl you meet here, no matter how nice she seems when you first meet her.

Many very, nice girls here in Thailand. You could meet the girl of your dreams, but nightmares are also a plenty.

Until you really get to know someone, remember, they are mostly like Al Capone.

“Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me." - Al Capone

Only thing you are expanding is the amount of BS you are slinging around.

No I'm not. I'm completely <deleted> serious. In fact with one of the others I just had a horrible experience. On of the others seemed nice so went to video chat you know "line" maybe you don't. If you don't you don't know shit.

As soon as she started talking to me her command of English never matches her writting. She was just a kid and I was expecting somone close to 30. I spent time with her on the phone so she did not get "in trouble" in fact I played it all the way down until the dumbass behind the the picture got that i wasn't bitting at that worm.

Seriously. Have you not read through the thread. I'm not a dumbass, nor am somone to throw around a person's feelings.

Vetrans of this forum, im not here to <deleted> around. You might think in some hap hazerd expat wanna be. But I have much bigger plans than that. I wouldn't be here picking all of your brains if I were a dumbass. dont worry I read faster than you can imagine and I know your individual problems and how they fit into the bcurve of reality. The best of you contact me In pm. That's awesome, and dont worry I listen very carefully. But what else do you guys have. Cynicism? Please. Get over it. Logic? I'll kill you at it. Arrogance? Well read the last paragraph. I have got you beat there too. I need thoughtfull responses.

Have you read the book I mentioned?

Does it sound more arrogant of me if I say I don't need to. please don't take that as a slight on your sugestion because I do actually very much appreciate the sugestion and the spirit in which it is offered. It's just that I have many things on my list and I get the jist of it. But if you feel like there is something really really deep in the book; then give me a short summary of a missed wisdom and I will gobble it up I promise.

Only thing you are expanding is the amount of BS you are slinging around.

No I'm not. I'm completely <deleted> serious. In fact with one of the others I just had a horrible experience. On of the others seemed nice so went to video chat you know "line" maybe you don't. If you don't you don't know shit.

As soon as she started talking to me her command of English never matches her writting. She was just a kid and I was expecting somone close to 30. I spent time with her on the phone so she did not get "in trouble" in fact I played it all the way down until the dumbass behind the the picture got that i wasn't bitting at that worm.

Seriously. Have you not read through the thread. I'm not a dumbass, nor am somone to throw around a person's feelings.

Vetrans of this forum, im not here to <deleted> around. You might think in some hap hazerd expat wanna be. But I have much bigger plans than that. I wouldn't be here picking all of your brains if I were a dumbass. dont worry I read faster than you can imagine and I know your individual problems and how they fit into the bcurve of reality. The best of you contact me In pm. That's awesome, and dont worry I listen very carefully. But what else do you guys have. Cynicism? Please. Get over it. Logic? I'll kill you at it. Arrogance? Well read the last paragraph. I have got you beat there too. I need thoughtfull responses.

beatdeadhorse.gif

Oh gese another one pulling my legg. She sent me a picture claiming she is nearly 30 and her picture is acurate but this girl looks a teenager. There is no way this picture is of a 30 or nearly a 30 year old. why do they do this?

My wife is nearly 40 she looks twenty, Lots of thai women dont look their age, My wife has been asked out by guys as young as her son ,

Oh gese another one pulling my legg. She sent me a picture claiming she is nearly 30 and her picture is acurate but this girl looks a teenager. There is no way this picture is of a 30 or nearly a 30 year old. why do they do this?

My wife is nearly 40 she looks twenty, Lots of thai women dont look their age, My wife has been asked out by guys as young as her son ,
Ok if you say so. But this one looks like a kid to me. She also claims to be a high school teacher, but she looks like she belongs in high school.