Considering looking for a thai wife.

Lukasisgood

This sounds ridiculous...but lets give this a shot.

Can you show us a photo of what type of thai lady you would be interested in? Try to find a photo online of what you have in mind.

I am just curious. If you are looking for a young pocket rocket, then I will give up. However, If you are looking for a mature lady, of average looks and you can handle her thai kids, then I think you will be successful.

really...post a photo of what you wish your future wife will look like... I would be interested.

that would be a silly prospect women are diverse. I am looking for someone around 30 to close to my age. preferably without children so she is free to travel, but that's not totally a deal breaker. I'm an open book. I don't like skinny little girls and I have dated a few strippers in my time. I know the routine.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My understanding of a traditional Thai wife is a lady who wears silk garments everyday, Wai's me even if I glance at her, understands sex on demand and completely accepts my need for a bit of crumpet on the side. Did I miss anything?

I think you have an overly romantic notion of this country. You really need to spend some time here to let little reality sink in. I am not saying you aren't going to find the right one for you. I just think that you have painted a picture without seeing the scene.

You should come here and make a deal with yourself that you won't make any life altering decisions for a whole year.

My understanding of a traditional Thai wife is a lady who wears silk garments everyday, Wai's me even if I glance at her, understands sex on demand and completely accepts my need for a bit of crumpet on the side. Did I miss anything?

Lol I have a habit of bow low when passing older people or monk.

What is traditional thai lady ?maybe Including saving herself till marriage dress preservative and follow her parents every single orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have an overly romantic notion of this country. You really need to spend some time here to let little reality sink in. I am not saying you aren't going to find the right one for you. I just think that you have painted a picture without seeing the scene.

You should come here and make a deal with yourself that you won't make any life altering decisions for a whole year.

I think that is sound advice and I appreciate it.

Your not old why rush?Go to Thailand just hang out.Travel and enjoy the country.1 tip don't go to bars it could be your downfall.There

Is also the Internet.Can talk to A few then go to Thailand and meet them.As far as bringing them to the US don't be in A hurry.

Just take your time you'll be ok.

Your not old why rush?Go to Thailand just hang out.Travel and enjoy the country.1 tip don't go to bars it could be your downfall.There

Is also the Internet.Can talk to A few then go to Thailand and meet them.As far as bringing them to the US don't be in A hurry.

Just take your time you'll be ok.

Thank you. That's going to be the plan. I have received excellent advice in private messages. This has been well worth the effort. I am greatul for all of your contributions.

You most definitely are not going to find what you are looking for by just landing in Thailand and starting your search. You will have to invest time in the country and culture, learn the language, build up a network of Thai friends, filter through the BS... this all takes time, effort and money. What you are looking for is possible but no easier than anywhere else..

Exactly. Hence my post. The beginning of my education smile.png I

diddnt expect anthing different. I also expected to run into plenty of crabby people. Crabs never held me back before though. Thanks for the info.

Of course the problem is America,

Once she has her green card, she will be American, behave like every other American woman, and strip you bare.

Look forward to losing at least 50% of everything you own, lifetime alimony, and 20 years of child maintenance.

You want a reasonable chance of doing it the Thai way, you have to live in Thailand and give her no access to your home country or it's legal system.

The above information is as good as it gets. The Western legal system is on her side if you take her there. Its best to not take them out of their home country and expose them to the coffee klatching smoking time on their hands western women. Been there done that.

In the OP, sounds like you've never even been to Thailand.

So you were thinking about this "for a while" and randomly chose Thailand as the country from which you wanted to go find a wife and take her back to the USA?

Being a sap is the least of your problems.

not randomly Jay. I read a lot and do my homework. I did not get to where I am without being prpared. I'm sorry to say my experience with Southeast Asia is limited. I'm familure with the philapene and Chinese cultures. I can even speak Mandrin to a degree. I have had it on my mind for at least a decade, but for one reason or another I kept putting it off. Not any longer. I will be decent at speaking Thai inside of three years and I will have spent a lot of time there. In fact, this conversation is part of the leaening process. wink.png

Being a sap may very well turn into an asset. Being a sap is not being stupid, but yes my tendency to give does have to be tightened up a bit around people that may be out to con me. I'm aware of this.

The standard rule here is, 'be worth more alive that you would be dead'. Read that statement exactly how it is written.

If you do find a girl that you think is compatible, test her!

Edited by NOC

In the OP, sounds like you've never even been to Thailand.

So you were thinking about this "for a while" and randomly chose Thailand as the country from which you wanted to go find a wife and take her back to the USA?

Being a sap is the least of your problems.

not randomly Jay. I read a lot and do my homework. I did not get to where I am without being prpared. I'm sorry to say my experience with Southeast Asia is limited. I'm familure with the philapene and Chinese cultures. I can even speak Mandrin to a degree. I have had it on my mind for at least a decade, but for one reason or another I kept putting it off. Not any longer. I will be decent at speaking Thai inside of three years and I will have spent a lot of time there. In fact, this conversation is part of the leaening process. wink.png

Being a sap may very well turn into an asset. Being a sap is not being stupid, but yes my tendency to give does have to be tightened up a bit around people that may be out to con me. I'm aware of this.

The standard rule here is, 'be worth more alive that you would be dead'. Read that statement exactly how it is written.

If you do find a girl that you think is compatible, test her!

I will take that advice.

My wing Chun Sifu has been trying to get me to go for years. I have finally taken all the hints and decided there is not time like now. But you are right. Only experience will give me what I need.

If youre looking for a wife this might be all you need bud.

Edited by JHolmesJr

At 36 years old and reasonably educated, why would you ask how to find a wife on a public forum? Just a thought.

Well it's obvious isn't it? I havn't spent any time in Thailand. Videos, blogs, and other sources are sources, but discussing it with people who actually live there is a far better resource. I get the extreme viees and the mild ones. Several people who seem sincere have already pmed me with good information and there is more comeing. The variety of attitudes are welcome becuase I learn more and have a better operating knowledge. I am familure with the ip board platform and I have learned a tremendous amount of things and have been pointed in very good directions in all kinds of matters. Forums are wonderful resources of information as long as you can filter information and keep your cool. Early on out of college I was training to be a CFA ( chartered financial Analyst). If I may boast I was some what of a wiz at research. Partly becuse I spent three years getting paid to tutor econometrics and it was somwhat of an obsession since I was a teen. Economics is at its core a form of psycology.

This forum is by far the best resource for understanding what's happening in Thailand on the ground level other than being there myself. I really do appreciate people's honest opinions. It's far more valuable than some blog or YouTube video. As I mentioned before I don't go into an endevour without being prepaired. I'm not a spring chicken. I'm not as nieve as I may seem, I have done the whole take care of a bar girl thing before while all she wants is money. She wasn't thai, she was an American stripper. The routine is about the same. I also have scowerd this forum and read the stories. Ill be ok. The horror stories are good Intel, I'm prepaired for it, and the few gentelemen that chimned in about their successes is helpful aswell. This is why I posied the question to an active forum.

Edited by Lukasisgood

Even a retard with a job at McDonalds(or none) can find a wife in Thailand or Philippines. Trust me. You will get laid. You will find a wife. This is the easiest part of the world to find a mate I can think of. Don't stress it too much. I give my wife 16,000 baht(US$450) a month and she's happy with that amount. All women expect some sort of financial compensation so get used to it. That does not mean you have to give them everything they want. Just give what you can afford.

Edited by zierf1

I say go for it. You sound pretty sensible and you have been given stacks of advise butbjust make sure you take it all in. It must be very difficult to ascertain whether you're going to get fleeced or not in the early days of any relationship.

I went to Thailand just for a simple holiday. Met my wonderful Thai wife and we have lived in UK for getting on 10 years. I was lucky though, our paths crossed and we just clicked. We're soul mates!

For me it just happened but there are so many other experiences, some first hand and many third or fourth hand And some paint a very different picture.

Good luck with your search, take note of the advise and enjoy Thailand and all she has to offer.

Can you show us a photo of what type of thai lady you would be interested in? Try to find a photo online of what you have in mind.

I am just curious. If you are looking for a young pocket rocket, then I will give up. However, If you are looking for a mature lady, of average looks and you can handle her thai kids, then I think you will be successful.

really...post a photo of what you wish your future wife will look like... I would be interested.

Here's mine. I'm waiting for that phone call, LOL.

post-164212-0-09657600-1441070429_thumb.

A Filipino is your best bet, will stay loyal and care for you until your final breath.....

Filipino's are men...(but if that's the way you swing, it's ok with me).

My Filipina was not loyal, robbed me, gambled, hid my son, and died early (last year). Now I am trying to fix my son, and regain something from that mess.

My present Thai wife is the best lady I have ever met.

Good and bad in both. I do have strong feelings for the Philippines, after 18 years of living there...

Edited by slipperylobster

My wing Chun Sifu has been trying to get me to go for years. I have finally taken all the hints and decided there is not time like now. But you are right. Only experience will give me what I need.

SORRY, MY POST WAS INCOMPLETE…HERE IT IS AS I HAD INTENDED.

http://youtu.be/VqHSbMR_udo

SORRY, MY POST WAS INCOMPLETE…HERE IT IS AS I HAD INTENDED.

http://youtu.be/VqHSbMR_udo

Be Air my Friend.......

that would be a silly prospect women are diverse. I am looking for someone around 30 to close to my age. preferably without children so she is free to travel, but that's not totally a deal breaker. I'm an open book. I don't like skinny little girls and I have dated a few strippers in my time. I know the routine.

If you don't like skinny girls then I am confused why you would choose Thailand. The whole country is full of little skinny girls.

There is no reason you can't find a woman in her 30s who doesn't have kids. I am shocked that you would even entertain the idea of having a wife that already has kids.

If you don't like skinny girls then I am confused why you would choose Thailand. The whole country is full of little skinny girls.

There is no reason you can't find a woman in her 30s who doesn't have kids. I am shocked that you would even entertain the idea of having a wife that already has kids.

Every country is full of them. I was mostly referring to 18-25 or so girls who seem more like teen agers. I'm not limiting myself. I like kids. I like them very much. They don't bother me so much if the right woman had one, it would not be a deal breaker.

I'll be around. I'll have more questions regarding other things. And the wonders of the iPhone 6 keep me constantly connected. Im actually really glad to have found this forum. It's nice to have expereinced people as a sounding board. Even haters and trolls offer up something.

No. I'm just a guy. I'm not very complicated. I'm looking forward to being there. My thai practice is comeing along, and I thought I might pick up a few dishes. Started today. I thought If I managed to have an oportuinity to cook a traditional Thai dish to a thai woman, I might score some points.

Did you go to soi Nana like I suggested ? you can find a good wife there .

I'm still in the states. I'm not interested in the red light areas though I might take a stroll when I'm there just to say I have been there. I'm not going to be in Bankock for very long. I'm a bit of a country boy an avid backpacker/naturalist. I'll probably head up north for a bit. Then maybe south. I'd like to spend a few nights with my hammock tent alone in the jungle somwhere and swim by some water falls. We will see. The temple retreats may take up a lot of time. I'm wavering on how much time I want to spend in them.

Edited by Lukasisgood

I'll be around. I'll have more questions regarding other things. And the wonders of the iPhone 6 keep me constantly connected. Im actually really glad to have found this forum. It's nice to have expereinced people as a sounding board. Even haters and trolls offer up something.

No. I'm just a guy. I'm not very complicated. I'm looking forward to being there. My thai practice is comeing along, and I thought I might pick up a few dishes. Started today. I thought If I managed to have an oportuinity to cook a traditional Thai dish to a thai woman, I might score some points.

I think you are overthinking, or over-planning this a little. No need to cook for Thai ladies. I cook for them and they love it, but it is definitely not necessary. I am certainly not cooking on the first or second date.

I am 36 as well, and I can tell you that if you are decent looking and successful, then your biggest problem will be trying to stay single. I would come with that attitude that you just want to date and stay single and see how things go.

SORRY, MY POST WAS INCOMPLETEHERE IT IS AS I HAD INTENDED.

Be Air my Friend.......

Air is farts....be water my friend.

Did you go to soi Nana like I suggested ? you can find a good wife there .

I'm still in the states. I'm not interested in the red light areas though I might take a stroll when I'm there just to say I have been there. I'm not going to be in Bankock for very long. I'm a bit of a country boy an avid backpacker/naturalist. I'll probably head up north for a bit. Then maybe south. I'd like to spend a few nights with my hammock tent alone in the jungle somwhere and swim by some water falls. We will see. The temple retreats may take up a lot of time. I'm wavering on how much time I want to spend in them.

I saw Deliverance recently....you from them thar parts?