Gifting property

I have asked this on Thai Lawyer forum without response.

I would like to gift my condo to a friend , a US Citizen, resident in USA.

This is to avoid the inconvenience of him having to get probate here. ( I have willed the property to him, but would change my will if I can pass the property before I die).

I imagine that TPTB would see this as an attempt to bypass the need for importing the money needed to buy, so hold out little hope.

Alternatively is there any minimum amount I can sell my condo for ? I realise the taxes are based on the table referred to in other posts.

Again if selling to an alien it could be seen as a workaround the issue of importing funds, well only a minimum.

He has a Thai wife, as she would not have to import funds, is it permissible to sell to her, (or any Thai) at a nominal well below market price. ?

Thank You

The land office will have a value on the condo, and the tax will be assessed on a value no less than their amount.

My friend's wife ( Thai) died recently, and her house was left to her children, and the land office fees were nominal. Thai citizen to Thai citizen.

After 26 years here, I have not know a foreigner to have left a condo to another foreigner and full land office taxes and TT3 not been necessary.

Best of luck with it all, and please let us know how it goes.

The land office will have a value on the condo, and the tax will be assessed on a value no less than their amount.

My friend's wife ( Thai) died recently, and her house was left to her children, and the land office fees were nominal. Thai citizen to Thai citizen.

After 26 years here, I have not know a foreigner to have left a condo to another foreigner and full land office taxes and TT3 not been necessary.

Best of luck with it all, and please let us know how it goes.

I am expecting to pay the taxes of course, they are set in stone, depending on certain factors, none of which relate to the nationality of the parties concerned.

Dan