Gmail - minor things

fang37

In Gmail, when you wish to add a contact, just go to Contacts & add - simple.

Delete - almost similar actions.

BUT, when I wish to Compose a mail, it provides suggestions including ones already deleted.

How do you fix this annoyance?

Secondly, when you Compose, hit a key, a variety of options pop up. If you press "a", every contact with an "a" anywhere is provided - not just contacts commencing with an "a".

How do you fix?

Spellchecker - this applies to both Gmail & Word.

The Spellchecker suggests many options including ones with incorrect spelling.

Fix?

LANGUAGE

Google has language settings where you set your preferred language. It took me a while after I arrived to get English set. Google erroneously thought I would prefer Thai was due to my saying my location was now Thailand in either Chrome browser or on my Gmail account settings; it is something Google should be fix IMHO and at least ask if you want the language changed.

Not sure about the other issues but they must be fixable as mine responds as you requkre. Check the settings while in the apps themselves and in your main Google account (email a/c).

Do you not find

Create contacts for auto-complete: When I send a message to a new person, add them to Other Contacts so that I can auto-complete to them next time. I'll add contacts myself

in Gmail settings?

Spell checker: using Firefox myself, I don't get incorrect results using Firefox spell checker. Not, that is, since I downloaded Firefox in UK English and not US English, which insists on using zeds and replacing ou with o.

Probably occurs because the email addresses are still in your mailbox? If you can completely delete all references to a particular address and then try again, maybe we will be getting somewhere. I am going to try the same thing myself

What i was told it had something to do with your browser history, that that still contained the history and that is why its suggesting the deleted contacts. But if you clear your browser history you loose a lot of other stuff too.

This sounds like a deal too good to refuse.

I'LL PASS!

I love Gmail and never have the problems that the OP describes.

But then again I clean my "cash" and have a password manager so losing all my "auto complete" information

is no big deal. Plus I use my bookmarks / favorites to get back to the websites that I am interested in both using Firefox and Chrome

I love Gmail and never have the problems that the OP describes.

But then again I clean my "cash" and have a password manager so losing all my "auto complete" information

is no big deal. Plus I use my bookmarks / favorites to get back to the websites that I am interested in both using Firefox and Chrome

I am the same but google told me that was the reason why old email addresses came back, auto-complete function did that. I now also use a password manager.