Three million baht cash reward paid

webfact

I thought the suspect was arrested after tip off from local

residents,they are not going to be happy.

regards Worgeordie

A new low point in the thai police history! they could not find their butts without the "Tip" from the apartment manager!

I think it is unfair to label the Thai police as know nothings. On the contrary, I think they know about most of the illegal activities that go on in LOS. That knowledge is how they earn their livings offering protection to criminals. Till a better offer comes along...

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the manner in which the money was rewarded. However, it is not much different than the reward USA police departments give themselves through a process known as "civil forfeiture"; which gives the reward even though there is no conviction.

are you insane? or just anti American? Forfeiture is the same as jumping bond! or forfeiting bail! IT IS NOT A REWARD! words just fail me that there are people out there that are so ill informed and actually post this rubbish.a REWARD is for information being provided in helping the Police apprehend a suspect involved in a crime!

A quick check of the newspapers this morning suggest this story is spreading like wildfire around the globe.

Most papers are making a joke and mockery of the police giving themselves a reward. The boss refuses to name the "business" men

donors of 2,000,000 of the 3,000,000THB. Thaksin family?

Police now claim they received NO tipoffs re the suspect. It was all their own work. Here is one of the stories complete

with video.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/thai-police-reward-themselves-for-bombing-arrest/ar-AAdNNzj?ocid=spartandhp

A quick check of the newspapers this morning suggest this story is spreading like wildfire around the globe.

Most papers are making a joke and mockery of the police giving themselves a reward. The boss refuses to name the "business" men

donors of 2,000,000 of the 3,000,000THB. Thaksin family?

Police now claim they received NO tipoffs re the suspect. It was all their own work. Here is one of the stories complete

with video.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/thai-police-reward-themselves-for-bombing-arrest/ar-AAdNNzj?ocid=spartandhp

yea it's all Thaksin's fault

I personally find this very interesting.

Police are paid for arresting those who break the law.

Why do they get a 3million Baht bonus for doing what they are sworn to do???? Isn't that what their salary is for???

As the news of this bonus was announced and is spreading around the globe, normal, rational, logical thinking people , find this to be incredible ! ! ! .... and on top of that the big chief of police goes on national television and makes the announcement as if he is very proud of this bonus fact. ????? This has to be visual proof of the latest example of " Thainess "

Perhaps it would have been better accepted by fellow man if the chief had announced the reward as being as compensation for the police being called off their regular duty of stopping helmetless motorcyclists .

Thainess at its finest.

I find that to be somewhat rather hasty. At the moment, this guy is still ONLY a suspect. Nothing has been proven. He has not been convicted - although the police seem to be dead sure he's the one. Wouldn't it be a bit awkward if in the end, the reward money was paid and the court found out this suspect was not guilty?

This is completely in line with the RTP's thought processes.

Once they have decided on a perpetrator, it never enters their minds that anyone could actually challenge their position and hence it is already a fait accompli.

They have shown this many times in the past and most notably with the B2 in the Koh Tao case.crazy.gif

I am still waiting to see how the usual RTP apologists, JTJ, Alejandro (oops, Aleg), Balo, GoldBuggy etc. try to spin this. Wait a minute, most are conspicuously quiet which adds weight to our suspicions that they were more protecting a certain family or their vested interests on Murder Island, not necessarily "rushing" to defend the RTP!cool.png

Question: Why are the Police always "rushing" and are they all really paratroopers?

cheesy.gif

Edited by saminoz

I thought rewards were for "the arrest and conviction..."

The suspect hasn't been tried in court. How the F does Somyot KNOW? He doesn't.

This is part of his desperate attempt to pin the crime on someone. Pay the reward as if the investigation is fait accompli.

It could have been the two accused Burmese murderers on Koh Tao as well. Hope they have an airtight alibi

Edited by loveushorttime

Quite frightening.

I wonder what the BiB in places like Chiang Mai are making of it? No doubt looking on with eyes of green.

How long before we have some BiB bombing a tourist spot in the North, taking out some LoSo Chinese tourists and farang backpackers just to stir up the fear and indignation necessary to entice another reward? Simply then racially profile the alleged bomber and "rush" to an apartment containing someone who fits the profile and drop the necessary "evidence" before taking the obligatory photos and pointing at the hapless scapegoat!

Job well done, here have the reward, move along now, nothing to see here!

Too far fetched? I hope so but TiT!!

blink.png

regards Worgeordie

Thaksins son ut up seven mill, some for police and some for informants for information leading to an arrest, The informants not paid yet $$$????? shame on you greedy's jumping the que.

regards Worgeordie

Thaksins son ut up seven mill, some for police and some for informants for information leading to an arrest, The informants not paid yet $$$????? shame on you greedy's jumping the que.

There is no queue to jump - despite 18 hours of telling us that they received a tip-off from the landlord, including providing details of what the landlord said, they are now stating that they received no help from the public whatsoever.

"The national police chief said of the three million baht cash reward, one million baht was from his own purse, and the rest from other friends."

Have I read that right?

Amazing.

I'm not even going to speculate on where that money may have come from.

We have several Police living in my village, and their houses are worth around 20 MIL THB

Who knows were the money came from.

such a liar

Wait up, folks. As the police chief was speaking, it was translated to me that he was releasing the money to the investigation team to be paid out to informants as they see fit.

Word of warning, don't rely on any 'translation' your Thai wife gives you, however well you believe she speaks English. As my Aussie neighbour has finally woken up and smelled the coffee to .. They all talk utter tripe.

Edited by dageurreotype

Wait, what?! The police investigation team got the reward, and not the landlord who tipped them off?

If there was any lingering doubt as the ineptitude and outright stupidity of the RTP, this has to have removed it.

So you know 100% that the ladlord tipped them off ? or its just something you read ? ..( if so your the stupid one ) .Reports on Sundays B.P. put it down to information from mobile phone signals .

Talk about double standards mate, "or is it something that you read ?" ..( if so your the stupid one )" so did you read the BP of the said reports???????

BIB gets reward for DOING THIER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Now make public how they got the info in these guy's leading to the arrest,

Doesn't the Police Chief get half the reward for truly identifying the police who truly identified the woman who might have identified the maybe suspect?

I personally find this very interesting.

Police are paid for arresting those who break the law.

Why do they get a 3million Baht bonus for doing what they are sworn to do???? Isn't that what their salary is for???

As the news of this bonus was announced and is spreading around the globe, normal, rational, logical thinking people , find this to be incredible ! ! ! .... and on top of that the big chief of police goes on national television and makes the announcement as if he is very proud of this bonus fact. ????? This has to be visual proof of the latest example of " Thainess "

Perhaps it would have been better accepted by fellow man if the chief had announced the reward as being as compensation for the police being called off their regular duty of stopping helmetless motorcyclists .

Thainess at its finest.

I think it is very interesting also. It seems to be a direct attempt to aggravate the military or BMA. To me it suggests a very fragmented Bangkok. I reckon the institutions are on the edge of a precipice. It is not a simple issue by any means.

"The national police chief said of the three million baht cash reward, one million baht was from his own purse, and the rest from other friends."

Have I read that right?

Amazing.

I'm not even going to speculate on where that money may have come from.

We have several Police living in my village, and their houses are worth around 20 MIL THB

Who knows were the money came from.

such a liar

Liar? Really? Come to my village and have a look.

http://www.coastalrealestatepattaya.com/en-gb/developments/Baan%20Balina%203/DH000097

http://www.pattayapropertyauctions.com/listing/baan-balina-2-3-bed-pool-villa-1119/