My kid doesn't have any caucasian features

LeicesterFan

Guys help me out I'm really paranoid.

My wife gave birth to my very cute baby boy 6 months ago, but I have some serious doubts. His skin is dark, and he looks like a typical thai.

I'm british.

He doesn't have any caucasian or eurasian features for that matter. I trust my wife 100% and I know she will never cheat on me. But I'm still confused, maybe the baby got mixed at the hospital. She gave birth in a government hospital, whenever I bring this topic up she says that 5 people gave birth together with her side by side.

Whenever I ask her if we should get a parenthood test, she keeps saying its a sin according to buddhist traditions. I don't know what to do :(

When my wife gave birth in government hospital, 15 Thai children 1 mixed race child.

Everyone could pick mine out of the baby mass, just by skin colour.

He was pinky white, they were yellowy white.

When they were all in a bunch, he sure stuck out.

Chances of another mixed race in your hospital, extremely small if not ZERO.

DNA test for you.

When my son was born he looked like Stevie Gerard and not much like me. I even got some friends telling me to take a paternity test. As he got older he developed more and now resembles me. Especially height and frame.

If it worries you then you can get a test done without your wife's knowledge. Or you can wait and see how he develops.

I would recommend the former if it's playing on your mind.

Our accounting also had to quit job from one day to the other.....her husband is a very light colored Chinese. Our foreman is very dark one.

I think the first thing the baby got after coming out is a whitening cream......It won't show many features of the Chinese "father".

Whenever I ask her if we should get a parenthood test, she keeps saying its a sin according to buddhist traditions. I don't know what to do sad.png

How convenient that she is such an expert on Buddhism that she knows their policy on DNA testing. I did a quick search on Google and saw no stance against DNA testing.

Get the test done - in secret if you have to. You deserve to know the truth.

According to Buddhist tradition, trolling on TVF is also a sin.

Mostly likely, but this topic matter will have some traction. As Jon Stewart says, it's like "comedy entrapment." The OP does crack me up, though, regarding "Buddhist traditions." He's the kind of guy that would believe his wife if she tells him she needs to have raw sex with a new young stud every week because of "Buddhist traditions." I mean, seriously.

Op - What is your complexion?

i.e. if you are naturally darker your child may not show such obvious Western features.

Of all my friends with mixed (Thai-Western) children it was quite obvious from the offset that the baby was of mixed race.

I see nothing wrong in having a Paternity test carried out just to eradicate any doubt as this could eat away at you in the long run.