Pattaya Minivan Driver reports encounter with 'Fake' Police Captain

webfact

Pattaya Minivan Driver reports encounter with 'Fake' Police Captain

van-2.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Late on Sunday Night a 36 year old Minivan driver reported an encounter with a “fake” Police Captain who reportedly cheated the driver out of 5,800 Baht.

Khun Wittawat presented himself at Pattaya Police Station and told Investigators that he had been contacted by a man claiming to be a Police Captain working at Pattaya Police Station who wanted to travel to the Police Hospital in Bangkok where he claimed a work colleague had just been admitted.

The driver agreed a price of 3,500 Baht for the return journey and picked up the man from the front of Pattaya Police Station. At first he told the driver to wait while he picked-up some papers from the Police Station. He was seen to enter the station and left 10 minutes later.

The journey to Bangkok began and Khun Wittawat revealed how the man, who called himself Police Captain Don, attempted to befriend the driver and as they entered Bangkok the driver was told to pull-over at a shop.

Full storyhttp://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/216362/pattaya-minivan-driver-reports-encounter-with-fake-police-captain/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-01

Sad on many counts.

Greed, deceit and thievery is a practice that is honed to perfection by some. When not working their trade, they can most likely be seen burning incense and making other gestures of piety and adherence to the teachings.

In this instance, there is no clamoring for vigilante justice.

"the "officer" then asked to borrow 2,300 Baht to purchase a present for his colleague which he promised to pay-back as soon as they reached the Hospital. Khun Wittawat thought nothing of it and handed over the money."

That driver must have been as stoned as he looks!!

I graduated high school in 1985.

Some clown in my class started pulling over women & pretending to be a cop in 1988 or so.

His crime spree lasted all of about 2 weeks.

The real cops did not take too kindly to him.

I guess the RTP is so fake on all points though that they just figure pretenders will happen here & there, much like I figure on getting pulled over on my way to Koh Chang from Pattaya.......Not a matter of "if", but "when".

I have never gotten but one speeding ticket in my life in the USA.

I've gotten DOZENS in Thailand.

Got a ticket in Rayong once for driving in the fast lane, thru the middle of town, where traffic was backed up out the wazoo.

I respect the RTP traffic cops about as much as I respect a skunk.