Photo enlargement - Not Breast or Penis !

vision2014

Let me start by saying I am a novice when it comes to photo enlargement and I would genuinely appreciate advice. I took a picture with a Nikon camera (D3200) and I would like to have it enlarged to about somewhere in the range of 2 feet by 3 feet so I can frame and mount the picture on a wall. The D3200 camera spec says it is 24 "effective" megapixels. My two questions are:

1) Is it practical to enlarge the picture to approx. 2 feet by 3 feet ?

2) can someone recommend a photo shop in Pattaya (I live in Patts) or in Bangkok that could do the enlargement ?

By the way, I tried to use the Thai Visa search engine and when I entered the key words "photo enlargement" I was mainly directed to breast and penis enlargement topics. LOL

If you have shot RAW or large file size your sensor is 6,016 x 4,000

6,016 /300 (dpi) = 20 (inches)

4,000/300 = 13.3 inches

So 20" x 13" @ 300 DPI

25" x 16" @ 240

33" x 22" @ 180

At the size you want it, how near the observer is getting to the print also comes into play.

However if you have On One Software - Genuine Fractals plugin (now called perfect resize) you can enlarge it a lot more without sacrificing quality.

If you want me to enlarge it for you with 'fractals' @ 300, I will happily do so...just drop me a PM.

http://www.on1.com/apps/resize9/

Archived