IPTV etc

beau thai

As a newbie to this stuff I am going up a steep learning curve. Mastering android box, kodi addons etc just takes a little patience, googling etc.

But so far, while it seems ok for movies, for free live tv for sports etc, the buffering is frustrating. It hangs just as a free kick is being taken (EPL), or as a goal replay is happening. Actually the 'stalling' is far more random of course, but more noticeable when it is a part you really want to see.

Oh, I have Sinet fibre 15/5 and, given speedtest limitations, it seems to deliver 17/6 fairly consistently.

So I thought I would try Ilikehd for US Open Tennis. Homepage: NO details of packages. Have to register first. Ok. Then no Login on Home Page??

No mention of android box- 3 options: Web/PC, Touch mobile, Big (Smart) TV. Spent ages trying to move between those options with very very slow responses before discovering from a friend there is an addon downloadable through Playstore. Doh.

Then see a clutch of sports channels so figure I will flick between them to find the tennis match I want to watch. The only way I can find to channel hop, is to revert to search each time, with very slow response times.

Net result: didnt find the match I wanted although it was being broadcast (at least with thai commentary elsewhere) and burned most of my 2 hour trial trying to cope with IIikehd not watching sport.

Maybe I am doing something (many things?) wrong but others recommend this site whereas I am wondering why I would pay them a few hundred baht monthly for service that I cant handle. yet, at least.

Seems to me they need to sit someone with 10 or so new customers and just watch them struggle. Then either fix the issues or at least add a few more faq's to deal with common issues.

Or is it only me?

All user hints welcome- pleeeeaaase

Are you trying to do these things with a wireless connection ?,its better to use

a RJ45 cable to your router,if you do not have enough bandwidth,the cable

works much better.

regards worgeordie

Yes I am.

You mean cable the router to the android box? As I said, I get 17/6 from Sinet fibre. You think the cable will make much difference in that case?

Thanks for your input btw!

I have been a strong advocate of iLikeHD, and I have taken up iLukHD's lack of decent marketing with them. They say that it is a low priority on their to do list, the No 1 priority is reliability. very noble, but their reliability on "minor" channels seems to be going worse.

My 10 Mbit 3BB internet connection gives me more than adequate wireless bandwidth for seamless viewing if the streaming source is constant. So your connection should be OK without using a wired connection.

Like you, I have only recently started using an Android box, so I also had to learn quickly.

Which Android box are you using?

If you have downloaded the app from the Play Store and installed it, when you open it, you first get a login screen, move the curser/highlight to login and press OK on your remote.

After logging in you get the choice of LiveTV. VOD. Search. Manage. YouTube & internet.

Select Live TV and your last channel should load.

Press OK quickly on your remote and you get a list of categories on the left

Scroll down to the category you want and press OK.

In the center you should see a list of channels.

Right click to move the curser to this list.

Scroll down the channels and press OK quickly over a channel you are interested in.

You should see the EPG on the right so you can see what is showing.

Press OK over the channel you want to view and it should load.

To close the OSD press return and you should be viewing the channel you want.

To change channel, press OK, the channel list should reappear, move the curser to the next channel you want to view and press OK.

Repeat ad infinitum

No need to search.

Edit. PS. Whilst writing this, I have been watching a rerun of Nadal vs Coric on Eurosport 1. I must admit that it has buffered twice in the 45 mins of watching

Edited by rawhod

Are you trying to do these things with a wireless connection ?,its better to use

a RJ45 cable to your router,if you do not have enough bandwidth,the cable

works much better.

regards worgeordie

Yes I am.

You mean cable the router to the android box? As I said, I get 17/6 from Sinet fibre. You think the cable will make much difference in that case?

Thanks for your input btw!

Yes it will make a big difference, all my boxes are using RJ45 cables, you can get various lengths

and they are not expensive.

regards worgeordie

I have been a strong advocate of iLikeHD, and I have taken up iLukHD's lack of decent marketing with them. They say that it is a low priority on their to do list, the No 1 priority is reliability. very noble, but their reliability on "minor" channels seems to be going worse.

My 10 Mbit 3BB internet connection gives me more than adequate wireless bandwidth for seamless viewing if the streaming source is constant. So your connection should be OK without using a wired connection.

Like you, I have only recently started using an Android box, so I also had to learn quickly.

Which Android box are you using?

If you have downloaded the app from the Play Store and installed it, when you open it, you first get a login screen, move the curser/highlight to login and press OK on your remote.

After logging in you get the choice of LiveTV. VOD. Search. Manage. YouTube & internet.

Select Live TV and your last channel should load.

Press OK quickly on your remote and you get a list of categories on the left

Scroll down to the category you want and press OK.

In the center you should see a list of channels.

Right click to move the curser to this list.

Scroll down the channels and press OK quickly over a channel you are interested in.

You should see the EPG on the right so you can see what is showing.

Press OK over the channel you want to view and it should load.

To close the OSD press return and you should be viewing the channel you want.

To change channel, press OK, the channel list should reappear, move the curser to the next channel you want to view and press OK.

Repeat ad infinitum

No need to search.

Edit. PS. Whilst writing this, I have been watching a rerun of Nadal vs Coric on Eurosport 1. I must admit that it has buffered twice in the 45 mins of watching

Very many thanks for taking the time to set that out. You are right of course. Once downloaded from Playstore it becomes much easier (maybe they could/should add a brief faq explaining that?)

I will try the channel change you set out as that looks much faster/easier- but I am confused by the TLA's ( 3 letter acronyms!) EPG/OSD??

And thanks for the free trial thought. I just bought 2 hours for 30 baht to try it but loaded 100 baht in to my account so can try it again.

But I watched the Brit tennis players- Konta, Robson, Murray outwith Ilikehd, picking up Skysports via Vdub today. The occasional buffer, but pretty smooth.

Thanks again. Just what I was hoping for. ( But I still think that a business that relies on other customers to educate new customers aint going to maximise!)

But as Ilikehd didnt bother to reply to my email so maybe they have all the customers they want already.....So I doubt I will subscribe. better options exist.

EPG is electronic programme guide ("whats on")

OSD is on screen display

If you find something better than iLikeHD for the same price with the same choice of channels please let me know.

If you logon to iLikeHD and message them with the link in the bottom RH corner (that is Right Hand...lol) you will normally get a reply within a few mins. I must say that their response to my complaints about channels not working has generally been within a few mins.

I just tried all Sky Sports channels on TVMC, and non of the links were working.

Vdubt25 is good but his links seem to go down pretty quickly

Have you looked at Husham, He has a TVMC rip off.

(One thing I did forget in my step by step instructions was...when you want to load a channel from the list, you double click OK)