A screaming bargain...or not...advice needed regarding buying an unfinished house

1) Everyone here seems to agree that 500.000 baht is a steal, and you say you are negotiating for up to 20% less?

I would be asking why the price is so low and then why the owners or whoever's hands the property is in, is reduced so quickly and by so much?

2) I have a feeling the missus and her work colleague will be both sat together in a years time saying "one for me, one for you" as they count your 1000 baht notes out for each other

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once the transfer is complete I hope you enlighten us on the location of this property. I understand your unwillingness to disclose that information now since you don't want someone else making a better offer.

Somehow, I doubt that it is a bargain. If it was, as said before, the local Thais would have taken it.

I think it is easier to pick up a condo on the cheap

Don't even know why I'm

Bothering , but here goes ..... Do you think a Thai loan shark will

Just let the lady accumulate minimal interest on the loan ? Ever wondered why skanks get into so much trouble when they borrow against the farang husbands chanotes to gamble ? They borrow very little but end up on the hole for wayyyyyyyyy more ! This guy is a troll and nothing more .

For people to be suckered in by it just goes to show that one is born every minute ! You never know you may get a pm soon asking if you want to buy more cheap land as he had more leads ?? If he has an African accent run for the hills

Don't even know why I'm

Bothering , but here goes ..... Do you think a Thai loan shark will

Just let the lady accumulate minimal interest on the loan ? Ever wondered why skanks get into so much trouble when they borrow against the farang husbands chanotes to gamble ? They borrow very little but end up on the hole for wayyyyyyyyy more ! This guy is a troll and nothing more .

For people to be suckered in by it just goes to show that one is born every minute ! You never know you may get a pm soon asking if you want to buy more cheap land as he had more leads ?? If he has an African accent run for the hills

He certainly is not suckering in anyone on here, actually IMO the OP has been suckered in already.

He came accross as a perfect mark, due to the amounts of questions he had to ask, the things he didnt know, and the research he didnt do, on a what is usually the biggest purchase a person can make.

Why is it so hard for people to understand- a foriegner cant own land in Thailand?

and his own words "Oh, but its not a lot of money"

The first bit of research these guys should do is the "violin scam"

Its as old as the hills, but while there are greedy people ready to cash in on the (supposed) misfortune of others, it will always get rehashed

lol

Have you bought the "screaming bargain" yet?

Been to the Titles Office, paid the $$$ etc?

Are ya a happy, happy man now?

I have such a feeling that the OP is too ashamed to admit that we have our day in the sun as he wrote in post #18

Nanlaew and the other "sky is falling" crew can wait a while...maybe you will have your day in the sun...or maybe you will be enjoying some humble pie.

it was 500k & your trying to negotiate between 400-425k ...... blink.png

no wonder they won't let farangs own land here !!

Why not ??

I offered about 40% of asking price on a house (it was turned down but I hear through the grapevine that they now would take about 55 - 60% of the asking.. But I am no longer even offering the 40..

My mate bought his house for 50% of asking price.. I recently saw a place that started out at 7.5 million sell for 2.2..

The company I work for has just agreed to purchase half a rai of land. Asking price was 15 million plus we pay all taxes/fees.

The seller was asked if they could discount the land a bit and they came back with an offer of 13 million.

Our side then asked them to pay half the taxes/fees and they agreed.

Discounts do happen.

guy says he has a bargain lined up .......

asks 20 questions on TV to bar stool judges ...

doesn't have a lawyer to nut out everything to minimize his risk .....

I smell fish and it ain't coming from my kitchen !!! whistling.gif

Lawyers in Thailand do not always minimise your risk.

agree .... but i think one is asking for trouble if you have no lawyer at all ..

agree .... but i think one is asking for trouble if you have no lawyer at all ..

I respect your opinion on this, but I'm on the other side of the discussion - I avoid using them.

No problems to report so far.

• 1 month later...

If the deal is so good...why you don spend a little more and hire a lawyer to answer your questions, and take care of the documentation and negotiations with the seller??

And have the lawyer sneakily elbow him out and beat him to this fine super cheap prime beach front land…no way!

OP is a lot smarter than that.

Archived