Police to announce arrest of 'Bangkok bomber'

webfact

"bombing of the Erawa shrine, earlier this month, according to a reporter from the Bangkok Post."

Was there another bombing this morning ?

So what's your point? They are providing context, as news stories do over and over again. The bombing of the Erawan Shrine earlier this month - thats exactly what happened.

I could be wrong, but think his point is that it's September 1st today, so the bombing took place last month.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the Chinese company I work in Iraq, there are 3 Arab speaking Chinese, with Chinese passports but they don't look like your typical Asian, they do look Arabic, two are from an area close to Mongolia, and the other I do believe comes from the same place as this recent guy, they're also Muslim, but Chinese.

People shouldn't get too hung up on the fact this guy doesn't look Chinese ;)

Good result if this is indeed the case, will be interesting to see of the Cambodian authorities were indeed the ones who detained him.

Now turns out this guy was actually arrested in Cambodia on Monday

and only handed over at border today

Wait, what?!

Police spotted the suspect when he was trying to sneak across the border into Cambodia from Aranyaprathet, Burapha Taskforce chief Maj-General Srisak Poonprasit said. The suspect had a black backpack, in which he was found to be carrying clothes similar to the ones the suspected bomber was seen wearing on the day of the attack (The Nation)

OK what's it gonna be? sneaking out? being brought in by the cambodians? Wake me up when they have a coherent story. Ta.

The Uighur connection has been one of the leading and one of the most LOGICAL theories for the motivation for this international TERROR event from the very start. So this isn't actually surprising. What might be surprising, assuming that hopefully they got the bomber, is that after all this time he is still close enough to Thailand to catch.

Edited by Jingthing

Who is the other guy then that they paraded around all the time. I am confused now.

Yes same as me,who was the guy arrested in the apartments Bangkok with over one hundred officers at the scene or am i missing something here.Can somebody please explain.

You must be easily confused

Now turns out this guy was actually arrested in Cambodia on Monday

and only handed over at border today

Wait, what?!

Police spotted the suspect when he was trying to sneak across the border into Cambodia from Aranyaprathet, Burapha Taskforce chief Maj-General Srisak Poonprasit said. The suspect had a black backpack, in which he was found to be carrying clothes similar to the ones the suspected bomber was seen wearing on the day of the attack (The Nation)

OK what's it gonna be? sneaking out? being brought in by the cambodians? Wake me up when they have a coherent story. Ta.

Maybe it was the same bag used in the bombing!

I again not believe it is the right man NO NO NO

His to dark and it looks a Asian to me sorry but a well disguised one

Thais acn paly the game all night long but if they are sloppy they will jail wrong man and it will happen again

Just stay in your box .The police origionaly said it was probably a group of aprox 10 .He is just one of the group .Dont keep trying to photo fit everyone they capture with the guy in the yellow shirt .

It would appear Sa Kaeo immigration is a major gateway for illegal movements - the suspect arrested the other day alleged that he came in that way, resulting in six Immigration officers from Sa Kaeo have been transferred to inactive posts, now the alleged bomber was trying to get out that way...

I must say though, he looks taller and thinner than the yellow shirt guy...

attachicon.gifCNzdNPjVAAA9X_F.jpg

..probably lost a bit of weight

Evidences pleasssssse!

Not to worry, a confession will be forthcoming as soon as they attach the jumper cables to his testicles and crank up the voltage...

...same as Koh Tao. Then we have another suit with no evidence at all.

So again the police and army issuing conflicting statements. Mr Man saying its him while the police saying its not. Another confidence builder!

Maybe it's just me but if I was leading the investigation my main suspect would be the man in charge of the group that planned and carried out the attack, sure I'd want to catch the cannon fodder who placed the bomb into position but the people I would really be interested in are those behind it.

When you read 'main suspect' it might not mean what you think it does.

Edited by ukrules

To those who recommend torture. What if he isn't involved??

If he has nothing to hide ,if he is innosent he should speak ,and explain himself .If he is a Dumb savant ,like the first guy ,extreme torture will be enevitable .

To those who recommend torture. What if he isn't involved??

The thing about torture is that is often produces really poor results because people under such stress will often just say anything for it to stop. Of course it is also great to get false confessions. Hopefully they've got some solid evidence.

Edited by Jingthing

Xinjiang - I bet the passport is not fake and the bombing is linked to the deportation of Xinjiang Ugher back to China.

The Uighur connection has been one of the leading and one of the most LOGICAL theories for the motivation for this international TERROR event from the very start. So this isn't actually surprising. What might be surprising, assuming that hopefully they got the bomber, is that after all this time he is still close enough to Thailand to catch.

^ This. As I posted the other day, a source quoted in this article in the Straits Times says, "The facts speak for themselves - the scale, venue, the identity of those killed, the ethnic origin of the suspect. You don't have to be a terrorism expert to draw a conclusion."

We know that Thailand is the major conduit for Uighur refugees from China.

We know that there has been numerous instances where these Uighurs have joined, or attempted to join terror groups. <Link>

We know that Thailand that recently sent 109 Uighur men back to China, and that this act drew international condemnation - not only from the UNHCR, which considered it "a flagrant violation of international law” - but also Turkey's Foreign Ministry, which said the deportation violated international humanitarian laws and came despite "numerous initiatives" by Turkey to prevent their repatriation.

We know that these deportations sparked widespread protests in Turkey on July 9, when both the Thai Embassy in Ankara and the consulate in Istanbul had to be temporarily shut after the consulate was ransacked by mostly Uighur protesters. Windows at the consulate were smashed, furnishings damaged and the sign outside pulled down and Thai flags burnt, while protests outside the Chinese embassy have seen Chinese flags burnt and police called in to fire pepper spray at demonstrators.

We know that, since then, Chinese citizens in Turkey are being harassed and attacked.

We know that both Thailand and China have issued a travel warning to its citizens travelling to Turkey.

It was reported (once, on 19 August, but never spoken of again) that RTP had deployed more officers to the Chinese embassy in Bangkok after it made a request two weeks earlier.

The same report also revealed that “Intelligence from the Special Branch also suggested there could be an attack on Chinese tourists after August 11.” This has, curiously, never been raised again.

We have in custody a man who is most likely a Turkish Uighur, who was found with bomb making equipment and dozens of fake Turkish passports - and five rented apartments, four of them empty.

And now we have the alleged "main suspect" in custody, who was carrying a passport that suggests he is a Uighur...

In the Chinese company I work in Iraq, there are 3 Arab speaking Chinese, with Chinese passports but they don't look like your typical Asian, they do look Arabic, two are from an area close to Mongolia, and the other I do believe comes from the same place as this recent guy, they're also Muslim, but Chinese.

People shouldn't get too hung up on the fact this guy doesn't look Chinese ;)

Good result if this is indeed the case, will be interesting to see of the Cambodian authorities were indeed the ones who detained him.

Where do you get your info from??

All news sources say the he was caught by Thai authorities trying to pass the border into Cambodia.

Edited by Nickymaster

BREAKING: Police to Announce Arrest of 'Bangkok Bomber'

By Khaosod English

14410948421441094937l.jpg

CCTV photos of alleged Bangkok bomber at the Erawan Shrine.

BANGKOK — Police will soon announce the arrest of the “yellow shirted man,” the prime suspect in the deadly bombing of the Erawan Shrine earlier this month, according to a reporter from the Bangkok Post.

In a message posted to Twitter, Wassana Nanuam said the arrest happened in Sa Kaeo province near the border with Cambodia, citing Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha as her source.

According to Wassana, Gen. Prayuth said the suspect is a foreigner.

Meanwhile TNN news reports that a televised adress will be given by police spokesman Prawuth Tharownsiri at 3:30pm.

Full story http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1441094842

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2015-09-01

great, now I want a finger pointing photo please

People shouldn't get too hung up on the fact this guy doesn't look Chinese wink.png

Where do you get your info from??

All news sources say the he was caught by Thai authorities trying to pass the border into Cambodia.

From one of the earlier posts Nicky, my connection is so slow I can't go back and look, not sure if it's correct, or where the poster got that information from wink.png

Just checked... see post #49

Edited by Fat Haggis