Police to announce arrest of 'Bangkok bomber'

webfact

In the Chinese company I work in Iraq, there are 3 Arab speaking Chinese, with Chinese passports but they don't look like your typical Asian, they do look Arabic, two are from an area close to Mongolia, and the other I do believe comes from the same place as this recent guy, they're also Muslim, but Chinese.

People shouldn't get too hung up on the fact this guy doesn't look Chinese wink.png

Good result if this is indeed the case, will be interesting to see of the Cambodian authorities were indeed the ones who detained him.

I agree, Fatty.

When I was in Kunming, China in 2006 there was a side street near the Museum with a few Muslim restaurants, the food there was great. The people were from northern China but looked for all the world like they were from the Middle East. They may well have been Uyghurs. thumbsup.gif

I worked in Xinjiang for 2 years in the 90s. Ethnic Uighur very central European looking. Had the odd blue eyed blonde haired woman. Very easy to distibguish from Han Chinese. They are being bred out of their province and the Chinese army is ruthless with them. Tough place to live. 35c in summer - 20c in winter. But a very beautiful place.

Lots of oil and gas up there they say.

The last time I was there - about 2 years ago - at first I thought, 'Oh how charming, it's really foggy.' Then I realized it was so much smog you literally couldn't see across the road.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I genuinely hope that the guy they apprehended is involved. The sub humans that target the innocent by cowardly bomb attacks need urgent removal from society, where they can't harm anyone. Now whether that be locked up forever or the death penalty, who cares. Just ensure they can't do it again.

If the photos in this post are the real deal, then security seems to be pretty casual around this suspect considering the nature of the crime and the world wide publicity it has received. All very casual looking. There also seems to be some confusion on where exactly he was apprehended. I'm not familiar with Thailand or Cambodia's laws, so maybe there isn't a jurisdiction/formal extradition type issue here, but I hope it was all done by the book.

Good job by the people responsible for the arrest. Hopefully they got their man this time...

Everyone seems to think that the guy in the yellow shirt is the one who must be caught and hung upside down by the unmentionables. Perhaps he was just an innocent messenger, hired to drop the bag without knowing what it contained. After all, he did not exactly hurry away from the scene, which most of us would have done knowing that a bomb was about to explode.

In the Chinese company I work in Iraq, there are 3 Arab speaking Chinese, with Chinese passports but they don't look like your typical Asian, they do look Arabic, two are from an area close to Mongolia, and the other I do believe comes from the same place as this recent guy, they're also Muslim, but Chinese.

People shouldn't get too hung up on the fact this guy doesn't look Chinese wink.png

Good result if this is indeed the case, will be interesting to see of the Cambodian authorities were indeed the ones who detained him.

if you look closely at him especially his eye area he looks chinese as in he does have east asian admixture.

There is a very big difference between chinese in nationality and chinese in ethnicity. it's similar to being an english man in which a person of african heritage can be an english man just that he isn't an ethnic englishman.

Forget the obsession people have over the photo fit it's just a hopeful exercise if people see even the slightest resemblance they will contact police and hopefully as it seems in this case it worked those from UK remember the Yorkshire rippers photo fit !!!!!!!

Very well done guys, I hope you have concreat evidence.. If not you are going to make your selves the laughing stock around the world.

They are already gigglem.gif

So very true - Max Foster, CNN, could almost not hold back a laugh when reporting that RTP had rewarded them self 3 mill. THB even tho it was not the Bomber they caught ... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Everyone seems to think that the guy in the yellow shirt is the one who must be caught and hung upside down by the unmentionables. Perhaps he was just an innocent messenger, hired to drop the bag without knowing what it contained. After all, he did not exactly hurry away from the scene, which most of us would have done knowing that a bomb was about to explode.

You think an "innocent" would comply to a request : "leave this rucksack at this busy shrine and then leave"?

Remind me never to fly on the same plane as you!

Guy does not look like guy in yellow shirt TIT

Yes, he does. Look at his passport photo and the police sketch. Definite resemblance, though hard to say for certain if its the same guy.

Thats some statement!! Full of self contradiction cheesy.gif

Apparently English is your third or fourth language. Better get some lessons from Thai elementary school students. For starters, google the word "resemblance"...no charge for the first lesson

Knickers in a twist??

I again not believe it is the right man NO NO NO

His to dark and it looks a Asian to me sorry but a well disguised one

Thais acn paly the game all night long but if they are sloppy they will jail wrong man and it will happen again

That is exactly what Uighur look like.

Check this link and you'll see no one looks like Charlie Chan. Ah so!

https://www.google.com/search?q=uighur+people+images&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CB0QsARqFQoTCJPUm5HT1ccCFU8LjgodRoYA5g&biw=1093&bih=482#tbm=isch&q=uighur+men+images

even amongst the ethnic chinese they look different from one another.

I fanthom this is one of those all asians especially chinese people look alike. Like if they didn't look like this. wai2.gif They wouldn't be chinese. whistling.gif

I agree, Fatty.

When I was in Kunming, China in 2006 there was a side street near the Museum with a few Muslim restaurants, the food there was great. The people were from northern China but looked for all the world like they were from the Middle East. They may well have been Uyghurs. thumbsup.gif

I worked in Xinjiang for 2 years in the 90s. Ethnic Uighur very central European looking. Had the odd blue eyed blonde haired woman. Very easy to distibguish from Han Chinese. They are being bred out of their province and the Chinese army is ruthless with them. Tough place to live. 35c in summer - 20c in winter. But a very beautiful place.

The last time I was there - about 2 years ago - at first I thought, 'Oh how charming, it's really foggy.' Then I realized it was so much smog you literally couldn't see across the road.

That's Urumuqi. I was outside. Stunning place. Went skiing on horse back above the clouds. But bitterly cold in winter.

Yes, strange that the Turkish embassy is being consulted on this when the man is carrying a Chinese passport. Now some would say the passport is counterfeit, which is not impossible. But if you're Turkish, and the Uighurs are under suspicion, why on earth would you carry a fake passport that locates your origin in the heart of Uighur territory??? Also, the photo on the passport--if that much is real--certainly looks more Central Asian (Uighur/Turkic) than Turkish.

I agree, Fatty.

That's a pity because it is magnificent countryside if you get out of Urumqi and down towards the Kazakh border . It is hard not to feel for the Uighurs, they have been forced into violent response within Xinjiang by the utter bloody-mindedness of the Chinese.. It goes without saying that the lunacy at erawan will hurt more rather than help.

Looks like the evidence of this sabotage is linked to kicking out the Uighur ethnic group who are Moslem Turks that once lived in China & escaped discrimination against them by fleeing to Thailand. ( & supposedly whimpy Thailand was pressured by China to make them leave. some families were even split up since some were forced to return to Turkey. What is amazing & scary how such a network of terrorist could organize within one month. ?

No matter who the guy is if he was part of the group you have t hand it to the military and the RTP. There are a lot of other countries that should take notice they are doing a pretty good job of this so far.

They are??? In what alternate reality is that? Which countries should take notice, and why?

I agree, Fatty.

You're right. Western Chinese (Uighurs, etc.) are Central Asians and look very much like a mix of European and East Chinese (which they are in a sense). Here's a couple of photos of Chinese people I took in Yunan a while back ... just not Han Chinese.

post-141091-0-11518000-1441107739_thumb.

post-141091-0-54510300-1441107754_thumb.

RTP seem to be on a roll.

First suspect captured after tip off, and latest apprehended in Cambodia and handed over.

That's what I call efficient policing (letting others do the work, then lining up for your cut of the reward)!

I'd think it's the military running this.