Zenfone 5 Update to Lollipop

longball53098

I am starting a new topic here as I cannot find any threads specific to this.

I have a Z5 and it runs Asus Android 4.4.2

I keep reading that the new v 5 Lollipop is available for my Z5 and to wait for the OTA download to the phone to update. I have the settings made for this and anytime I do a check for updates I get nothing.

Has anyone updated their Z5 or Z2 recently?

Where is an Asus shop in Pattaya or Rayong that can do an update if it is truly available. I have read that Asus was struggling with this release as they were putting their mods in it and this was delayed.

Thanks for any replies

I also have a Zenphone-5 and have been anticipating this update. From what I understand, it was released in India and other parts of Asia several months ago and was announced for Thailand. Thus far, it has failed to appear.

According to several Zenphone specific forums, there were some major problems with the update and the Z-5 relating to battery depletion, heat and WiFi connectivity. Asus seems to be putting most of it's efforts into it's new line of phones and many suspect the updates for older phones have been shelved. I continue to get occasional firmware and system updates. Time will tell.

Edited by dddave

I'm thinking if the OTA firmware update is not being sent out to everyone yet in my opinion they are not ready yet. Looking at the web site there is 31 various versions for the phones. I have one working phone and it runs good. I think I can wait if/when the OTA update is out there. I do not want to risk bricking the phone due to impatience.

Is Lollipop really a big improvement?

I am in the same boat as dddave. I have the LTE version phone and all is operating well for my needs. I am not opposed to doing a upgrade myself but the grey area of what specific firmware must be in the phone prior to install of version L scares me as I do not have the technical info to clearly state that these various versions include my specific phone.

I will continue to search a local Asus phone servicer that can positively do the update. I may have found a company in Rayong called Value that is listed as an authorised servicer