marriage visa ends

i have an additional question : when you have a marriage visa , are you allowed to travel abroad ? to your origin country for instance (europe) , and stay abroad 2/3 months before come back to thailand ?

The visa you entered the country with has expired. What you have now is an extension of stay based on being married.

Yes you can go abroad but before you leave you need to get a re-entry permit. 1 entry costs 1,000 baht and multi-entry is 3,800 baht. You can apply for one when you do the extension.

i have an additional question : when you have a marriage visa , are you allowed to travel abroad ? to your origin country for instance (europe) , and stay abroad 2/3 months before come back to thailand ?

You can travel as much as want during the extension of stay as long as you have a valid re-entry permit to use on entry to the country to keep your extension valid.

Hi,

A quick question.

I'm on a 3 month married visa which i normally then go to khonkaen and get a 2 month extension.

I got a re=entry permit on the original visa,will that affect getting the 2 month extension?

Regards

No it won't.

The re-entry permit that you got was linked to the stay granted when you entered with the visa. It will expire when the admitted until date of that entry expires.

If you get a 2 month extension and want to exit during that 2 months you'll need to apply for another re-entry permit.

• Like 1

what happens to the 90day bullshit, i was supposed to be reporting when i was gone so i just lost track of it..

You do the 90 day report, as the name implies, only if you are in the country for 90 continuous, uninterrupted days. If you leave the country and return using a re-entry permit so that your extension is still valid, then your next report will be due when you are in the country 90 days from your most recent entry.