Thai university offers public apology for indecent images shown on social media

webfact

What would you think if you spotted your teenage daughter forced to put her lips on the flies of a teen boys pants and perform fake oral ex on the boy for 10 minutes.

Would you just laugh?

Exact thing happened last year at one uni.

Watch the video it was fun and I would not have minded a child of mine there. You are trying to bring in another indecent incident that was not in the above video.

I did watch it. I would have been disgusted if my children were involved as a seniors, and outraged if they were involved as freshies.

They were told what to do. Someone, some seniors and at least one lecturer, were getting stiffies watching it.

What was happening was not so bad had it been adults doing it with free will....but hazing carries an implied threat that if you don't do it, you will not be accepted.

So, you wouldn't mind if your daughter was told to pretend to have sex with those guys, while I watch and get my jollies?

I guess I didn't watch it as close as you as I saw no erections. Makes most parties I went to in college seem rather tame. Ever been to a toga party? High Above a Pi Phi's Garter was my favorite song,

You completely miss the point. I have no guilt and fond memories of my teenage parties, but hazing IS being forced by threat of exclusion.

Watch the video it was fun and I would not have minded a child of mine there. You are trying to bring in another indecent incident that was not in the above video.

I did watch it. I would have been disgusted if my children were involved as a seniors, and outraged if they were involved as freshies.

They were told what to do. Someone, some seniors and at least one lecturer, were getting stiffies watching it.

What was happening was not so bad had it been adults doing it with free will....but hazing carries an implied threat that if you don't do it, you will not be accepted.

So, you wouldn't mind if your daughter was told to pretend to have sex with those guys, while I watch and get my jollies?

I guess I didn't watch it as close as you as I saw no erections. Makes most parties I went to in college seem rather tame. Ever been to a toga party? High Above a Pi Phi's Garter was my favorite song,

You completely miss the point. I have no guilt and fond memories of my teenage parties, but hazing IS being forced by threat of exclusion.

In your dreams but not in that video and we are discussing that video.

What's with my dreams??

The video I watched, which is the same one above, was labelled as a hazing ritual, and the OP claims it is a hazing ritual.

You can either claim the video was not of part of a hazing ritual, or you can claim that hazing is not a form of coercion....either way, you're wrong.

Hazing is a stupid custom, devised by bullies to humiliate and to give vicarious or real pleasure, often sadistic, sometimes, as in this case, sexual.

It should be banned from all universities worldwide.

Did you watch the video? Everyone of the 50 or so college students were smiling laughing and having fun. No sad faces or anyone forced to do anything. For the most part the girls were on top.biggrin.png Looked like a mild version of that old movie, "Dirty Dancing."

What would you think if you spotted your teenage daughter forced to put her lips on the flies of a teen boys pants and perform fake oral ex on the boy for 10 minutes.

Would you just laugh?

You wouldn't mind.

But your happy to label it as an indecent incident.

IMHO many folks would mind.

Hazing is a stupid custom, devised by bullies to humiliate and to give vicarious or real pleasure, often sadistic, sometimes, as in this case, sexual.

It should be banned from all universities worldwide.

Did you watch the video? Everyone of the 50 or so college students were smiling laughing and having fun. No sad faces or anyone forced to do anything. For the most part the girls were on top.biggrin.png Looked like a mild version of that old movie, "Dirty Dancing."

Would you just laugh?

It seems they were all having fun, but I am surpsed that all the students took part in the act. I am sure some of them must have been against the idea.

What's with my dreams??

The video I watched, which is the same one above, was labelled as a hazing ritual, and the OP claims it is a hazing ritual.

You can either claim the video was not of part of a hazing ritual, or you can claim that hazing is not a form of coercion....either way, you're wrong.

Some hazing rituals are fun for example panty raids when I was in school. We had to go to a sorority house and ask the girls for panties. It was hazing but something we all liked to participate in.

Lack of maturity , time to grow up people ,, when you exhibit rubbish behaviour like this it reflects not only on the university but the quality of its students. coffee1.gif

You are assuming anyone really believes either the college or students are high quality.....

Seems the quality of educational institution does not depend on behavior and morals of its staff and students. Look up recent stories about systemic child abuse at one of the most prestigious and highly "respected" schools in Australia.

Would you just laugh?

You wouldn't mind.

But your happy to label it as an indecent incident.

IMHO many folks would mind.

Another poster tried to obfuscate the issue by bringing in another video that was indecent and that's what I was referring to. I should have been clearer.

I do think you are correct though and that's one of the reasons I left the West and moved to Thailand. Much easier to avoid the holy rollers here.

Edited by lostoday

What's with my dreams??

Some hazing rituals are fun for example panty raids when I was in school. We had to go to a sorority house and ask the girls for panties. It was hazing but something we all liked to participate in.

For sure, sometimes it's harmless fun. (personally I think panty raids are childish....but hey, each to his own)

But there is no doubt that "mean girls" and power-hungry boys do go OTT, and that it is coercion.

Lack of maturity , time to grow up people ,, when you exhibit rubbish behaviour like this it reflects not only on the university but the quality of its students. coffee1.gif

You are assuming anyone really believes either the college or students are high quality.....

Seems the quality of educational institution does not depend on behavior and morals of its staff and students. Look up recent stories about systemic child abuse at one of the most prestigious and highly "respected" schools in Australia.

That why I don't assume too much

Going to university is a stupid custom. For example, families get into debt - typically to the tune of millions of baht to put their 'child' through an 'English Major'. The 'end product' is a complete moron who can hardly give you the time of day (plus, of course, a fake certificate).

Four years of the student's life are thus wasted, plus all those years of slaving away in the paddy fields to pay off that massive debt. It's a human tragedy on a massive scale - and collectively we turn a blind eye to it. Indeed, if you don't subscribe to this insanity then, according to current wisdom, you are a 'bad parent' or a 'lazy child'.

And you think hazing is bizarre?

Edited by zoroastra999

Going to university is a stupid custom. For example, families get into debt - typically to the tune of millions of baht to put their 'child' through an 'English Major'. The 'end product' is a complete moron who can hardly give you the time of day (plus, of course, a fake certificate).

Four years of the student's life are thus wasted, plus all those years of slaving away in the paddy fields to pay off that massive debt. It's a human tragedy on a massive scale - and collectively we turn a blind eye to it. Indeed, if you don't subscribe to this insanity then, according to current wisdom, you are a 'bad parent' or a 'lazy child'.

Many countries offer free college educations and Thailand has many scholarships for students.

Other than that a college education can be purchased for about 10,000 baht a term the last time I checked.

Millions of baht is absurd.

Many countries offer free college educations and Thailand has many scholarships for students.

Other than that a college education can be purchased for about 10,000 baht a term the last time I checked.

How much do you think it costs to keep somebody - living away from home - doing nothing but 'study' for four years (plus 3 years of non-compulsory secondary schooling plus private tuition plus books plus uniforms etc. etc.)? Furthermore, if you've got several children and you cough up for one you must (to be fair) cough up for all. It multiplies.

Quite apart from that, even if it was completely free it is, at the very least, a waste of four years of the student's life. They don't learn anything useful - the system just makes them ever more stupid. Just try talking to a few English graduates and you'll see.

My comments are not restricted to English language students. It just happens to be easy to see how little they've actually learnt.

My main point is that the public is incredibly brainwashed with the ethos of schooling. How bad does school / university have to be before people see that it isn't working for them?

Edited by zoroastra999

How much do you think it costs to keep somebody - living away from home - doing nothing but 'study' for four years (plus 3 years of non-compulsory secondary schooling plus private tuition plus books plus uniforms etc. etc.)? Furthermore, if you've got several children and you cough up for one you must (to be fair) cough up for all. It multiplies.

Quite apart from that, even if it was completely free it is, at the very least, a waste of four years of the student's life. They don't learn anything useful - the system just makes them ever more stupid. Just try talking to a few English graduates and you'll see.

My comments are not restricted to English language students. It just happens to be easy to see how little they've actually learnt.

My main point is that the public is incredibly brainwashed with the ethos of schooling. How bad does school / university have to be before people see that it isn't working for them?

6000 baht per month is what most guys I know pay the student mia nois. Rent an apartment and put 4 ladies in the apartment. SOP Chiang Mai. I know three ladies studying pharmacy. They will do well and perform a life saving service for the community. About all you can do in Thailand without a college degree or vocational school education is plant rice.