Sin Sot

dgoz

Donz ..I am a happy man ---- you just keep saying Farang and other farang .... and that is not accurate.

But back to the topic .... you are legally married in Australia before Thailand ... therefore paying Sinsot in your case does not make sense!

But you dont make sense so why do i need your advice :o

Cant you read my friend?

Edited by Donz

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

donz - your bluster doesnt hide your insecurity, it amplifies it. no doubt, your prospective wife's family has picked up on this.

and if they are as well-to-do as you claim then they wouldnt have anything to do with a so-called poor man.

empty vessels make the most noise..............

Oh well, im off to bed.

People here seem to be very critical about someone actually being happy, its seems many people on this forum cant actually accept that other posters can actually be totally satisfied with there gf/wife and family.

You can be a cheap charlie and not pay you sinsot and be ignorant and say my culture is different etc etc.

To me money is not what will make or break a marriage.

But I guess I dont expect much from some posters here, alot of the posters are actually happy but why do some posters just cant accpet it. Does our success actually hurt you?

:o Goodnight :D

donz - your bluster doesnt hide your insecurity, it amplifies it. no doubt, your prospective wife's family has picked up on this.

and if they are as well-to-do as you claim then they wouldnt have anything to do with a so-called poor man.

hahahah

if you say so leftcross, I know its hard for you to accept Im not rich and got a high class girl. Maybe you been listening to way too many generalisations here :o Sad really

I posted an answer to your conjecture and my Internet dropped out. The Internet company says its my problem, and I do not agree, as I had the netwotk guys from a competing company tell me the problem is 2036 meters from my Condo.

Anyway, in modern days, the sin-sod should go back to help the bride establish her family. This is the consensus from a number of people both male and felale who work for me from the South to Chaing-Mai to Udon.

I am just telling you what I hear from people who are getting married or have been married this year and are Thai.

So if your wife does not get the Sin Sod back to pay for the deposit on a Conde or whatever - - be suspicious.

I posted an answer to your conjecture and my Internet dropped out. The Internet company says its my problem, and I do not agree, as I had the netwotk guys from a competing company tell me the problem is 2036 meters from my Condo.

Anyway, in modern days, the sin-sod should go back to help the bride establish her family. This is the consensus from a number of people both male and felale who work for me from the South to Chaing-Mai to Udon.

I am just telling you what I hear from people who are getting married or have been married this year and are Thai.

So if your wife does not get the Sin Sod back to pay for the deposit on a Conde or whatever - - be suspicious.

Im sure I will get more then the sinsot back. they already given me more then the sinsot to begin with. Should I still be suspicious?

hahahah

if you say so leftcross, I know its hard for you to accept Im not rich and got a high class girl. Maybe you been listening to way too many generalisations here :o Sad really

every lady is high class and you should treat them accordingly. :D

I've a fantastic idea. how about you stop being a complete twunt and either pay the sinsod and marry the chick, or dump her and find someone who wont try to extort cash out of you. Either way, 50% of the contributers who posted to this thread will agree with you.....

Oh well, im off to bed.

People here seem to be very critical about someone actually being happy, its seems many people on this forum cant actually accept that other posters can actually be totally satisfied with there gf/wife and family.

You can be a cheap charlie and not pay you sinsot and be ignorant and say my culture is different etc etc.

To me money is not what will make or break a marriage.

But I guess I dont expect much from some posters here, alot of the posters are actually happy but why do some posters just cant accpet it. Does our success actually hurt you?

:o Goodnight :D

You are right Don, money is not what will make or break a marriage. I totally agree!

So how does money gets in the picture? Why start off with money in the first place?

Edited by GracelessFawn

hahaha no, my fiancee is 100 times better.

She is beautiful, smart, educated and comes from a wealty family who knows very high people in Thailand including members of the royal family. Im broke as piss compared to her.

So thats why I think im lucky, actually with my looks its not really surprising

Last time i saw that much silicon it was on a ledyboy!!!!!!!!!!! :o

i have no comment.she is pretty but ...

I think we have gotton off the Sin Sot subject and there are some newbies out there looking for information.

My take...You are living in Thailand then sin sot is a Thai tradition so pay it or find another girl. If you do not pay it then her family will lose face.....very important in traditional Thiland and if her family is from a smalll Issan village there is plenty of tradition. You do not want to do anything that causes her or her family to loose face.......unless you want to break up.

My wife is from a small farming village and her parents are not wealthy. For a sin sod I bought the family 4 rais of land which they now farm and make money for the family growing vegtables and rice. They do not ask me for money as the land generates enough so I do not have to contribute any monthly income.

Alway remember if you marry a traditional TG then you also marry her family so be prepared for the additional commitment.