Chinese woman busted for illegal tour guide work at Phuket midnight massage

webfact

Chinese woman busted for illegal tour guide work at Phuket midnight massage
Eakkapop Thongtub

1441337500_1-org.jpg
Feng Ying, 34, was arrested while haggling with Chinese tourists in front of a massage parlour at 2:15am. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A Chinese woman has been arrested in front of a massage parlour for illegally working as tour guide in Phuket

Patrol officers on Wirat Hongyok Rd in Vichit saw the woman, Feng Ying, 34, haggling with Chinese tourists in front of Lanna Traditional Thai Massage at 2:15 am yesterday (Sept 3).

The officers intervened and asked to speak with their tour guide, but no one came forward.

Police then questioned the 26 tourists and they pointed to Ms Feng, who was found to be holding tour brochures and vouchers for tour company Yongler International Travel Co Ltd.

“Feng Ying did not have a work permit or tour guide license,” said Maj Krisathorn Uthong of the Tourist Police.

“She said she had been working as a tour guide with Yongler international Travel Co for four years and was paid on commissions.”

Feng was taken to the Tourist Police headquarters in Phuket Town, where she was charged with working illegally in Thailand on a temporary visa and working illegally as a tour guide.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-woman-busted-for-illegal-tour-guide-work-at-phuket-midnight-massage-53943.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-04

My God.

Taking the job away from a Thai.

They can of course suggest a local Thai Tour guide that is fluent in Chinese to the tourist agency so that future tourists don't suffer?

Or perhaps a small fee and monthly tax agreement to allow her to continue.

coffee1.gif

What a radiant smile from someone who has just been arrested! Lol[emoji1]

Its the sort of smile that says one of 2 things

She knows something you don't, like they arrested her just before she was about to be shot by someone,

Or She's a fully paid up, registered moron. Who just got the news she's had a promotion from being an imbecile.

working on a Temporary (non work) visa , ok, YES,, this is breaking the law.

BUT: why on earth should she need a license to be a tour guide for showing chinese tourists around phuket ? !!!!

why should she have to study for 1 to 4 years about all of thailand so that she can show native chinese around Phuket (a town that she is already familiar with).

the tourist license thing is good for thai students,, but stupid for the above particular case.

surely "Licenses" would be better within the Electrical and Plumbing trades!!!

basically: an unqualified electrician can wire a whole house or building and cause death from low skill level.

and a chinese woman needs to be "licensed" to show native chinese around a city.

seems a bit silly.

Edited by easybullet3

BUT: why on earth should she need a license to be a tour guide for showing chinese tourists around phuket ? !!!!

why should she have to study for 1 to 4 years about all of thailand so that she can show native chinese around Phuket (a town that she is already familiar with).

the tourist license thing is good for thai students,, but stupid for the above particular case.

basically: an unqualified electrician can wire a whole house or building and cause death from low skill level.

and a chinese woman needs to be "licensed" to show native chinese around a city.

seems a bit silly.

It's a 3 month course after you have completed any bachelor degree if I'm not wrong. Thai police takes guiding without this licence even more serious than working without a permit. It's a protected profession, main reason is they hope this will ensure Thailands image as 'Land of Smile' the country where everybody is happy as can be no matter how poor they are, the country where people are never too pre-occupied to help eachother, the country where everybody loves and respects the Royal Family unconditionally, stays in tact. While I might take it a bit far, I do understand that autorities don't want just anybody without at least a basic knowledge of culture, religion and rituals to take people around the country. Whether this than must always be a Thai born person, I will leave in the middle.

And my god, she surely looks happy to be arrested. Maybe somebody just wispered in her ear that a fair donation to the police pension fund will make this all go away about 5 minutes after this press photo hehe

"Police then questioned the 26 tourists and they pointed to Ms Feng, who was found to be holding tour brochures and vouchers for tour company Yongler International Travel Co Ltd."

Grassing up your fellow country woman??? You low life, and I thought the Thais were bad at this.

seems a bit silly.

It's a 3 month course after you have completed any bachelor degree if I'm not wrong. Thai police takes guiding without this licence even more serious than working without a permit. It's a protected profession, main reason is they hope this will ensure Thailands image as 'Land of Smile' the country where everybody is happy as can be no matter how poor they are, the country where people are never too pre-occupied to help eachother, the country where everybody loves and respects the Royal Family unconditionally, stays in tact. While I might take it a bit far, I do understand that autorities don't want just anybody without at least a basic knowledge of culture, religion and rituals to take people around the country. Whether this than must always be a Thai born person, I will leave in the middle.

And my god, she surely looks happy to be arrested. Maybe somebody just wispered in her ear that a fair donation to the police pension fund will make this all go away about 5 minutes after this press photo hehe

The real reason of course is it is an extremely lucrative job with all the kickbacks. tongue.png

She knows China owns Thailand.

Never been colonised my tut!!

You are right! Where or what would this great nation be without all the people of Chinese descent? Even the Thaksin clan is Hokkien.

Be very careful who you are declaring to be of Chinese descent. Go get a good Thai history book. There are some discussions not to be had.

My God.

Taking the job away from a Thai.

They can of course suggest a local Thai Tour guide that is fluent in Chinese to the tourist agency so that future tourists don't suffer?

Or perhaps a small fee and monthly tax agreement to allow her to continue.

coffee1.gif

She sure looks happy cash has exchanged hands somewhere. All is well back to work.

"Police then questioned the 26 tourists and they pointed to Ms Feng, who was found to be holding tour brochures and vouchers for tour company Yongler International Travel Co Ltd."

Grassing up your fellow country woman??? You low life, and I thought the Thais were bad at this.

I wish there was a picture of 26 Chinese tourists pointing ,could make all the other pointings this month only fit for the back burner.

seems a bit silly.

So, in order to stay on the topic of the OP, your may be saying that Thailand needs more Chinese speaking Electricians to be tour guides, so that they can show tourists the best places to get their cables pulled.

And more Chinese speaking Plumbers to be tour guides, so that they can show tourists the best places to fit their ball-cocks.

Both have to be licensed of course. Wasn't the nice lady above doing that already? Oh I see she wasn't licensed to be working for ... "Drips & Sparks Tours pcl".

...4 years.....she was doing a lot right....

..somebody got jealous......always happens when you are better than somebody else....

..too bad they didn't say, 'We are just a group of friends'.....*** (They should try that from now on)......

These cockroaches need to be dealt with in no uncertain terms….I was on a lomprayah ferry from samui to nangyuan and the thai dive instructors spoke very good chinese.

They go everywhere stealing jobs from locals….in singapore too, they have replaced official singaporean tour guides who speak better mandarin than the thais.

She knows China owns Thailand.

Never been colonised my tut!!

You are right! Where or what would this great nation be without all the people of Chinese descent? Even the Thaksin clan is Hokkien.

Be very careful who you are declaring to be of Chinese descent. Go get a good Thai history book. There are some discussions not to be had.

Uhhh...the largest minority in China? The Dai?

Most of them were run out of China long ago by the Han. They came to Thailand and intermarried with the Khmer, Malays and Burmese.

Pure Thai, 555