Where can I leave my baggage for a month in Bangkok?

Maramook

I'm going to leave Thailand for about a month and need to leave my bag here. It's a big one, around 30 kg. Where can I leave it? I'm aware of such an option in Suvarnabhumi but the price of 100 baht/day is unreasonable for me. Are there any other options? Is it possible to leave it in a hotel (if I haven't stayed there)?

I only logged into this post as I knew there would be some amusing comments.

I think that under the present circumstances it will be hard to find anyone willing to store it unless they have a method of scanning it unfortunately. I can sympathise with your dilemma and I have faced it myself once but I just bit the bullet and paid the 100 baht per day. At least you know your things are safe. There are the shipping companies in Klongtoey area who have warehousing and storage but I expect it will cost the same and be less convenient.

You understand this isn't a smart move, in the current circumstances, yes?

"I have a big bag and I want to leave it somewhere. Where do you suggest?"

Not smart.

good god you sound like a old fart g mother with way to much time on your hands , answer the question or do not post ,

You understand this isn't a smart move, in the current circumstances, yes?

"I have a big bag and I want to leave it somewhere. Where do you suggest?"

Not smart.

good god you sound like a old fart g mother with way to much time on your hands , answer the question or do not post ,

I think the point he was attempting to make, though not very eloquently, was that people are going to be extra suspicious of anyone wanting to store a bag or luggage following the recent bombing that, apparently, involves a back pack left at the site.

I would expect wherever he decides to leave it, they may want to see it opened and given at least a cursory inspection.

answer the question or do not post

These forums are for discussion, not just for certified solutions to questions posed ... as your post illustrates.

If you make paid reservations in a hotel for your return, its may be accept to keep your luggage.

Yeah. But leaving my baggage at a hotel isn't always safe because the staff of the hotel may steal my stuff from my baggage. I've heard about the real cases. Any advice how to avoid that? Pick more expensive hotels?

Edited by Maramook

Go to Nana…find a nice bargirl, spend the night getting her fed and sloshed (open a bottle at Mixx)….then have sex with her a few times and pay her well for it... till she trusts you and vice versa….then I am sure she will gladly store your bag in her loom for FREE.

>>I think the point he was attempting to make, though not very eloquently, was that people are going to be extra suspicious of anyone wanting to store a bag or luggage following the recent bombing that, apparently, involves a back pack left at the site.

That's true.I don't mind for them to inspect my bag, though. More importantly, nothing will have gotten stolen by the time when I'm back.
Edited by Maramook

I didn't have a problem leaving my suitcase for a week at different hotels around Thailand. They never charged me. Helps to build rapport with staff.

If they say no, say you are coming back and pay in advanced on return arrival.

If the people that say they might steal... I never travel without locks on my bags no matter what country I visit!

Why not googled?

luggage storage bangkok

Time ago I often used Hualampong train station depot. (~฿100/week?)

Walk in main entrance and then in left corner.

Might have lockers as well. Probably limited time.

Have a nice trip.

Edited by Khunangkaro

OMG

I just see prices for now:

At Hualamphong:

The charges per day are based on the size and weight of the luggage (2015 prices):

Bag 100 x 50 x 40 cm (under 10kg): 20 THB

Bag 100 x 50 x 40 cm (over 10kg): 40 THB

Bag 150 x 60 x 80 cm (under 10kg): 60 THB

Bag 150 x 60 x 80 cm (over 10kg): 80 THB

(?Discount per month?)

Nana Hotel, Sukhumvit Rd, Soi 4 used to store your bags for free for

up to 6 months.

Isn't the Nana closing at the end of the month?

Friend of mine always stays the night in the Landmark before travelling up to Ubon for a couple of weeks. He leaves most of the luggage with them and they just go back to collect it before travelling on.

I know you are looking for a place in Bangkok but there is self storage place in Jomtein - Pattaya where they charge THB 300 for small and THB 400 for large cage which you can lock with your own padlock and keep keys with you. Charges are per month and you need to give copy of your passport, local/foreign phone number and address. They do chage refundable deposit in order to deduct amount if you are late in collecting. I have used this facility for about 3 years every time I go back to UK and found very usefull secured. Even if you add your bus ticket to pattaya twice it will still be less than 3000THB for a month (100THB @ day). All the best.