Motorbike Taxi driver killed in high-speed crash in South Pattaya

Lite Beer

Motorbike Taxi driver killed in high-speed crash in South Pattaya

crash-21.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- On Friday afternoon a 63 year old Motorbike Taxi Driver, who was sitting at his Rank waiting for a customer, was killed by a speeding car and its driver.

The crash occurred at the front of Soi 13 on the Tepprasit Road and led to the death of Khun Udom. His Step-Son, Khun Gabuan aged 40, who sustained a minor leg injury, was also on the taxi Rank and witnessed the death of his Step-Father.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/217756/motorbike-taxi-driver-killed-in-high-speed-crash-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-05

The follow-on article says the driver was hospitalized and was unable to be interviewed. But plenty of time to sober up, I bet.

Yes, but if blood is drawn for a BAC test, why does that matter? A BAC test is the best evidence of inebriation, not a breathalyzer and field sobriety check.

You are assuming he's not connected or with an "influential family" which, as we all know, is often the case in Thailand. Just ask a former Thaksin minister's son and the grandson of the Red Bull empire. And perhaps I am jaded, but often evidence goes away, far, far away in the LOS.

The follow-on article says the driver was hospitalized and was unable to be interviewed. But plenty of time to sober up, I bet.

Yes, but if blood is drawn for a BAC test, why does that matter? A BAC test is the best evidence of inebriation, not a breathalyzer and field sobriety check.

You are assuming he's not connected or with an "influential family" which, as we all know, is often the case in Thailand.

Driving a Yaris? biggrin.png

You are assuming he's not connected or with an "influential family" which, as we all know, is often the case in Thailand.

The brand or type car one drives does not necessarily reflect the status, connection or amount of money one has. I've know several, well-monied types, who drove low key, inexpensive and high-milage cars.

The brand or type car one drives does not necessarily reflect the status, connection or amount of money one has. I've know several, well-monied types, who drove low key, inexpensive and high-milage cars.

Quite true, Britney Spiers drives a mini.

My wifes grandfather owns 3 blocks of very nice condoes ,two in BKK and one in Chiang Mae , he at 80 odd still drives his 22 year old Mercedes, why? because he likes it . and its comfortable

i live across the road, threprasit is like a racing track, so dangerous, fools in charge of killing machines

I agree completely. Your statement is also valid for the Thrappaya Rd. Even for trucks and buses. They racing down the hill like crazy. The same on the second road Jomtien.

If you watch the video report on YouTube, the driver doesn't look drunk or well-connected. Not that you can tell a lot from appearances. Also, he was quite seriously injured and obviously needed hospitalization. Seemed just to be a young kid driving way too fast in the city.

Indeed.

Just another steroid racer who skipped the applied physics lessons wink.png

So sad and a bad remembrance how you can die on Thailands sidewalks.

Watch the professional rescue. They have no heavy equipment to cut open the crashed door.

Instead they drag him through the back blink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Why not if it has a number plate like this one 1 kk 1111 whistling.gif

How on earth did you get that No------ it's all smashed up and broken off!!!!!!!coffee1.gif

Perhaps you can explain?

My understanding: the poster was not referring to this case, just wanting to saying "if it were ...".

The number plate of the car is Kor-Tor-3421 from Chanthaburi province. Nothing fancy.

http://th.pattayaone.net/crime-news/3074/%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B8%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A222%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B5-%E0%B8%8B%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%8B%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3/

Edited by KhunBENQ

i live across the road, threprasit is like a racing track, so dangerous, fools in charge of killing machines

I agree completely. Your statement is also valid for the Thrappaya Rd. Even for trucks and buses. They racing down the hill like crazy. The same on the second road Jomtien.

I agree but after the roundabout was in place the speeding drivers had to slow down so it's not as dangerous as it used to be on that stretch .

I agree but after the roundabout was in place the speeding drivers had to slow down so it's not as dangerous as it used to be on that stretch .

Bs, Jomtien second road is still a race track even with the silly round about,

that's dug up on the Watboon side, for the last few days !!!!!!!!!!!

The Round about is just a confusing cluster xxxx for the Thais bah.gif

Edited by onemorechang

Bs, Jomtien second road is still a race track even with the silly round about,

that's dug up on the Watboon side, for the last few days !!!!!!!!!!!

The Round about is just a confusing cluster xxxx for the Thais bah.gif

I do not agree with you. I pass that area daily since I live nearby. I drive my car and I also use a bicycle , since the cars has to slow down from 80-110 km/h to 30 km/h I can now take it easy with my bike and just go with the flow around the roundabout .

It's speed that kills in this country and if a roundabout can prevent more deadly accidents then I would prefer to see it everywhere.

Edited by balo