3BB vs. True Internet 30Mbps Promotion

Pinot

"Fiber is needed for upload speeds over 2mbit"

You were thinking about ADSL, but DOCSIS 3 cable service, running on coax, can provide usable upstream bandwidth of 27Mpbs per channel. I have 30/3 cable service from True in Pattaya, and 50/5 is available.

Docsis 3.1 can provide up to 10gbit so what? They are end point connection technologies. They represent X letter in FTTX term.

You don't think docsis 3.0 cable is coming from main building directly to your home right?

ADSL deployment vs Fiber (as in fiber, vdsl2, docsis, same same in Thailand) is different.

Edited by Rimmer
Flame removed

The True Fiber will come right to the house, apparently it's at the telephone pole across the street. My wife does all the communication getting this set up so I'm not really sure what's going on. Reading this thread I'm a lot more knowledgeable now. I'll be able to ask the right questions. Installation in 3 days. I'll let you know how that goes and the results. I am paying 2000b for a deposit for the router.

I too was in the Internet buisiness in the SF Bay area but selling big pipes to business and cohosting, not connectivity on the street.

The rub now is getting 3BB canceled. My wife tells me that we need to give them a month's notice per contract. We just paid them for another month even though we'll only use 10 days of it. She tells me they're telling her she'll have to pay another month. I told her just don't allow the bank to deduct it (it's deducted electronically from her bank account). That's not going to fly according to my wife. We're driving over to Patong to discuss this at the 3BB office this morning. I'll play the outraged farang role. We'll see.

What prompted all this was getting a better connection to stream the NFL Ticket to the computer. I've got Chromecast to get it to the TV but usually just watch at the computer. Too often I'd have to watch games set on the lowest connectivity level because of the low speed I was getting. You could still watch the games but the quality was poor. The Fiber arrives on the day my Patriots (with Brady, suck it Goodell) play the Stealers. I'm hoping for a vast improvement in picture quality. I'll settle for a slight improvement.

True finished the installation on a timely basis.

Speeds are higher than adverised

36.27 Down

3.73 Up

What a difference over 3BB

11.3 Down

.56 Up

Tv cable working fine and I have a new sim card with 250 monthly minutes I don't know what to do with. whistling.gif No data.

Anyway it all worked out and I have a much better Internet connection for 200 baht more a month. I hope others can find the same deal.

Thank all for any input on this.

Edited by Pinot

• 4 months later...

I bought 3BB internet last Jan 6th, now on the 6th of this month my internet has decided not to work. My wife has phoned them daily with no positive response. She has read on the internet that 3BB will charge for a new router whilst True Visions will exchange faulty routers for the duration of the contract. I live between Sattahip and Pattaya, does anyone know which company would best suit my needs?

I bought 3BB internet last Jan 6th, now on the 6th of this month my internet has decided not to work. My wife has phoned them daily with no positive response. She has read on the internet that 3BB will charge for a new router whilst True Visions will exchange faulty routers for the duration of the contract. I live between Sattahip and Pattaya, does anyone know which company would best suit my needs?

Shortly after having 3BB cable installed my speeds deteriorated.

Within 24 hours technicians came out and said the router was faulty.

Went to 3BB office and they exchanged it for free.

Speeds are now very good.

This was within the 12 month warranty period.

True finished the installation on a timely basis.

Speeds are higher than adverised

36.27 Down

3.73 Up

What a difference over 3BB

11.3 Down

.56 Up

Tv cable working fine and I have a new sim card with 250 monthly minutes I don't know what to do with. whistling.gif No data.

Anyway it all worked out and I have a much better Internet connection for 200 baht more a month. I hope others can find the same deal.

Thank all for any input on this.

you wait until peak times your international bandwidth will drop through the floor. Your 3bb was also higher than advertised. I've had both True and 3BB. True never again. Waste of space..

I have 30BB FTTX from 3BB and TRUE 30MB DOCSIS and 3BB is generally far faster (in Sansai, Chiang Mai). It is a lot more expensive though. I am paying almost 1200 Baht a month for Internet, TV with sports pack and also True wifi whereas for the same price with 3bb i am just getting the internet.

I have used True in several locations over the years and it was horrible, I could not even listen to a 96 kps audio stream without it buffering every 10 sec VOIP was useless, SMART DNS was useless, VPN traffic throttled, never use True lies no matter where you are. I switched to 3BB about 6 years ago, lucky I moved to a place that had it before I was forced to use unTrue. 3BB ADSL was great, then a few years back switched to fiber. it is the best you can get here no question and I would never ever ever use True. I used the 30/3 mb package for a few years and switched to the 50/10 package. it is not perfect all the time but 90 percent of the time even during peak times it is great. if your 56K VOIP is not working on a 16 mb DSL or cable connection it is time to tell them where to stick their service for sure!!

I can stream anything in HD, from the US or anywhere, even stream more then one HD content at the same time I am not sure about AIS fiber have not heard enough remarks, but knowing people who have true fiber that can not even watch a YouTube video without buffering I have to laugh and ask them why?

the only provider that is worse then true is TOT, if you can only get TOT good luck

Edited by genobkk

so they haven't sent a tech guy out. Strange! Have you asked?