Us Visa For Thai Wife

I am in the middle of trying to apply for a visa for my wife to come to the US. The National Visa Center is stringing me along, sending me bills, followed by various forms to complete.

Right now there is just one more form to complete before all of the forms are sent to the US Embassy in BKK. It is the first part (Biographic Data) of the DS-230 form.

In a particular Section 19 of the form, it asks for a listing of the names of my wife's children. The only child she/we have is our 2 year old daughter, who was born in Thailand, and who has dual citizenship with Thailand and the US (in Sep 2005 she obtained her US Passport and SSN).

Since my daughter is a US citizen, and hence does not require a visa to come to the US, should I list her on the DS-230 form? I want to believe the names of the children are requested so that they too can be issued a visa stamp in their passports, but as I stated earlier, my daughter does not require this. Am I wrong? Should I list my daughter's name?

Btw, I should note that I have not listed my daughter in any of the other forms that I have submitted to the National Visa Center, with the exception of the I-864 (affidavit of support) in relation to this visa application because I knew that she did not require a visa. On I-864, I did not have to list her name, but merely that I had a child dependent.

Anyhow, any kind thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

I am in the middle of trying to apply for a visa for my wife to come to the US. The National Visa Center is stringing me along, sending me bills, followed by various forms to complete.

Right now there is just one more form to complete before all of the forms are sent to the US Embassy in BKK. It is the first part (Biographic Data) of the DS-230 form.

In a particular Section 19 of the form, it asks for a listing of the names of my wife's children. The only child she/we have is our 2 year old daughter, who was born in Thailand, and who has dual citizenship with Thailand and the US (in Sep 2005 she obtained her US Passport and SSN).

Since my daughter is a US citizen, and hence does not require a visa to come to the US, should I list her on the DS-230 form? I want to believe the names of the children are requested so that they too can be issued a visa stamp in their passports, but as I stated earlier, my daughter does not require this. Am I wrong? Should I list my daughter's name?

Btw, I should note that I have not listed my daughter in any of the other forms that I have submitted to the National Visa Center, with the exception of the I-864 (affidavit of support) in relation to this visa application because I knew that she did not require a visa. On I-864, I did not have to list her name, but merely that I had a child dependent.

Why would you not list yours and your wife's daughter on the list????? She is your wifes daughter regardless of what passport she has.. I think that may have been a mistake and now in correcting it , things will or may look like you were trying to conceal some facts.

I think now they may look a little closer at things you have written...

Good luck and please post your progress from time to time....

• 3 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents worth.....I would add your daughter's name in the field. After all its the application for your wife's Visa and IF the daughter's name is not listed and they ask her (during the interview) if she has any children and say yes, how is that going to look?