Thai football fans arrested after clashes in Laos

Lite Beer

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupidity of sports fans is at least one thing that's universal.

But they were on their way to an easy win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why all the rioting ????????????? finished up 7 - 0bah.gifbah.gif

Maybe they were rioting in joyous anticipation ! biggrin.png

What a mess, this is thainess on it's best.

See these kind of posts baffle me. Is football violence a invention of 'Thainess'? The actions of a few idiots sums up a nation of 65 million?

Please explain to me because I don't understand, seems like just pure racism.

Racism and stupidity. Every post containing that stupid word should be removed. It is the trademark of a Thai-basher.

yuv06 you seem to miunderstand the situation as your quote here plainly shows

I said many times the Vietnamese were lighting flares dozens in the beginning the Lao police didn't mind but when Thai fans light in celebration it becomes illegal

Did you ever take time to think perhaps the police dealt with the Vietnamese and got cooperation thus no problem or news.The thais made the problem because they didnot want to be policed and attacked the police.

Edited by metisdead
Fixed the big font.

Yep, looks like a case of sore losers

Ok for thwm to let of flares but for the other fans to celebrate ,, that cant happen. And tbh cant see the prob with smoke flares as long as they dont get thrown on the pitch. However a designated area and one or two at a time wouldbe good.

rijit

Its not uncommon for the one who starts an event which leads to a altercation /punch up to get away as the authorties only see the group /individual who responded back. I have no idea if this was the case or if the Lao were given special treatment, but the Thai are being the object of corrective measures so accept it like adults, if they are adults.

I get tired of hearing ''they did the same'' as justification for acting like a arse or trying to put responsbility on someone else for your stupid actions.

yuv06 you seem to miunderstand the situation as your quote here plainly shows

I said many times the Vietnamese were lighting flares dozens in the beginning the Lao police didn't mind but when Thai fans light in celebration it becomes illegal

Did you ever take time to think perhaps the police dealt with the Vietnamese and got cooperation thus no problem or news.The thais made the problem because they didnot want to be policed and attacked the police.

Nope the Lao police let them flare until they ran out of flares

Its not uncommon for the one who starts an event which leads to a altercation /punch up to get away as the authorties only see the group /individual who responded back. I have no idea if this was the case or if the Lao were given special treatment, but the Thai are being the object of corrective measures so accept it like adults, if they are adults.

I get tired of hearing ''they did the same'' as justification for acting like a arse or trying to put responsbility on someone else for your stupid actions.

Let me clear this for you the Thai were celebrating and lit a flare the Lao police came in and started to pull the Thai flag than there was a tussle than the Lao police intentionally broke the Thai flag in half that is when the Thais started to punch the Lao police who broke the Thai flag. I posted the YT link but the Admin took it down saying Thai language link not allowed!

Edited by yuv06

Let me clear this for you the Thai were celebrating and lit a flare the Lao police came in and started to pull the Thai flag than there was a tussle than the Lao police intentionally broke the Thai flag in half that is when the Thais started to punch the Lao police who broke the Thai flag. I posted the YT link but the Admin took it down saying Thai language link not allowed!

Whatever...too much testosterone, ultra nationalists, nutters masquerading as sports fans. It's a nasty , growing trend in recent times and the timely apology reflects the national embarrassment these goons cause.

Whatever...too much testosterone, ultra nationalists, nutters masquerading as sports fans. It's a nasty , growing trend in recent times and the timely apology reflects the national embarrassment these goons cause.

The embarrassment is with Laos officials why do you think they immediately let them go because than Laos would have to explain why a Lao official destroyed a Thai national flag

So not much different to a Manchester united /Leeds game then eh?

Not see any of those now except for a cup draw. Oh the good old days of the early '80's. No CCTV, so could have a baton charge under the south stand at Elland Road. Very witty chants, "You're gonna get your f*cking heads kicked in." You're going home in a Yorkshire ambulance". Most of Europe has thankfully moved on from that, Thailand copying the eastern european states.

Surely if you support your country in any sport you are a nationalist?

If you travel to another country to support your country's team in any sport are you an Ultra Nationalist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely if you support your country in any sport you are a nationalist?

If you travel to another country to support your country's team in any sport are you an Ultra Nationalist?

Nonsense.

I follow club and country.

However I assure you I am no nationalist and never have been.

Quite the opposite in fact as my club is not in my country.

Edited by Bluespunk

Firstly it was question. Did you spot the ??

Secondly Did I mention anything about club or football?

A: your question comes across as rhetorical and accuses those who follow a countries sports team as being an ultra nationalist. This. needed dismissing.

B: This thread is about football and it is a sport.

Edited by Bluespunk

They could not do it at home, all the frustrations of a military government starting to come out.

Over the last three years I have been to one game that resulted in a full blown riot and witnessed a number of large brawls at others.

Frustration, yes.

Just at military govt, no.

Edited by Bluespunk

They could not do it at home, all the frustrations of a military government starting to come out.

Over the last three years I have been to one game that resulted in a full blown riot and witnessed a number of large brawls at others.

Frustration, yes.

Just at military govt, no.

Sounds like fun, where are these games held?

I reckon that violence (and chanting & singing) breaks out at soccer games because there is so little to watch for extended periods of time. They have to fill in 80 of the 90 minutes.

Yeah probably true if you"r e scottish or thai... :D

rijit