ED Visa for living in Chiang Mai

Apologies to those offended by me making a new topic with one already open but I don't have a great amount of time available before I come back to Thailand...

I am considering an ED Visa for living in Chiang Mai. I am prepared to go to college 16 hours per week if that's what it takes. But I have little idea about my options and how to go about getting this visa.

Would appreciate advise from those with experience.

To get the visa you need to bring a pile of documents provided by your school to a consulate abroad.

So first you have to pay the school, then they apply to MOE for acceptance,when your file has been accepted by MOE, your docs in tow,you go to a consulate abroad and get your ED visa.

• Like 1

To get the visa you need to bring a pile of documents provided by your school to a consulate abroad.

So first you have to pay the school, then they apply to MOE for acceptance,when your file has been accepted by MOE, your docs in tow,you go to a consulate abroad and get your ED visa.

Thanks for the response. How long should it take to be ready to leave Thailand after first making the application?

Get a tourist visa. Only because as you mention, you don't have much time. You can use your tourist visa to sort stuff out while in los.

Many threads how to maximize time with TV. A double entry with extension will give you plenty of time to sort stuff out. Also as I gather....ED visas are not necessarily cheap. Maybe there are better ways to persue living in CM. Good luck

seems to be a lot of trouble ... just wait till they give 6 months on arrival ?

Hope your kidding. That won't happen soon. They already give visa exempt which you can extend by 30.

Also without being rude...what's with "on arrival"

There has been talk of 6 month double entry TV..

Won't hold my breath.

Why did you post this? You have insider info or just having a nice red

It can take up to a month to get all the necessairy paperwork to get the visa. So indeed you are probably better off going in on a tourist visa, sort out the school once you are here. Then go to Lao to get the actual ED-visa. It will be a 3 month visa that you can extend 3 time for a total of 1 year, unless that has changed now.