Second step of going from 30 day stamp to one year extension

I am helping a friend get a one year extension based on retirement - initially he had a 30 day entry stamp only - no O visa. I did the exact procedure 5 years ago.

Last week we went to Chaeng Wattana with incomeverification and he was given a receipt for THB 2,000 - to change his 30 day entry stamp to an O visa and advised to return one week later. However, there is no O visa in his passport.

My memory is hazy about what I did 5 years ago, but I could have sworn that on the first procedure, I was given the O visa and advised to return after 30 days had expired in the visa.

Is my memory incorrect, or is there now a new step that he must return a week later to get the O visa?

When he returns next week, will he be able to go directly from the O visa to a one year extension, or will he have to wait 30 days and return for a third time to get the one year extension?

Many thanks for any consructive information.

When he returns he will get the visa and entry stamps. It is normally a 15 day wait now to get the visa application approved.

He will be able to apply for the one year extension about about 45 days from the date he applied for the visa.

I do have one additional follow up question - my friend used an embassy notarized letter for proof of income - the original lette was kept on the first visit - but was given a copy of the letter - will he be able to submit this copy on his third visit for the actual one-year extension since the original is on file or will he need another original notarized letter ?

many thanks for any info.