Korat cop fired for demanding free food, beating cashier (video)

webfact

Korat Cop Fired for Demanding Free Food, Beating Cashier

By Khaosod English

14416180341441618164l.jpg
The Sor Sunthorn restaurant yesterday. One week ago on 31 Aug., a local police officer attack a cashier for reporting him to the police for demanding free meals.

NAKHON RATCHASIMA — A police officer has been fired from the force and charged with assault after he punched a cashier at a restaurant where he had been demanding free meals.

Lt. Col. Prakarn Korpsiripat was expelled from the police force after returning to the Sor Sunthorn restaurant in Nakhon Ratchasima province on 31 Aug. and attacking the cashier who reported his refusal to pay bills totaling 1,400 baht on 29 and 30 Aug., police said yesterday.

“‘Do you know who I am? Why did you report me to my boss? I got reprimanded because of you,’” restaurant owner Pongpat Bamrungkul described Prakarn saying to the cashier.

Pongpat said he and a security guard tried to calm Prakarn, but the officer kicked and punched cashier Charan Apiwatwichit in a fit of rage, breaking his nose. Restaurant staff took Charan to hospital.

The attack was captured by a security camera in the restaurant. Pongpat said he took the footage, four witnesses and Charan to file a formal report at the police station the next day.

Full story http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1441618034

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-09-07

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why cant business help these police with some food. The retail price of some rice and Gop is very inexpensive for them. And police dont get paid enough. They barely survive. Very kineow. But when they have a problem the first friend they call is a policeman....

That would be great if it were voluntary instead of upon demand, which is extortion and usually the preserve of criminals, not up holders of the law.

Why cant business help these police with some food. The retail price of some rice and Gop is very inexpensive for them. And police dont get paid enough. They barely survive. Very kineow. But when they have a problem the first friend they call is a policeman....

your off ya head buddy !

While it's good they are making an example of this cop I really got to wonder about the "He has to take at least 45 days off from work to heal his nose," bit. 45 days off for a broken nose ? It normally takes 6 weeks to mend a broken bone ! Our mechanic was dicking around on his motorbike 2 weeks ago and took a nasty tumble. Big scrapes on his arms, legs and face. 2 days later back at work fixing motorcycles. I figured he should have been off (and being bandaged and cared for) for a week at least but I guess he wasn't going to get paid if he did so back to work it was).

I think someone is angling for a payoff if they are claiming 45 days to heal a broken nose.

Would seem that Prayuts campaign to stamp out corruption is beginning to work.

Unfortunately the new wind has not yet reached all policemen and police stations. Too many still behave is if they are above the law and the rest of us are Untermenschen. It's time to name and shame and fire them.

Are you serious?

Just like the traffic cop who lives in a 10 Mm Baht house and drives a new BMW next to me.

Maybe the official salary is not very high but they make enough on the sideline.

A good police friend of my told me once, A honest cop never will be rich.

Ah it was 1,400 baht over 2 days, not some 30 baht plate of rice with a ladle of something on top. And I'm sure a Lt. Col in the police is paid more than enough to cover his food bills.

Excuse me , but this was no lowly constable usually riding around on a motorbike.

Oh no, this was a Lieutenant Colonel, no less. I am sure he gets a good salary plus all his other under the table perks. PG Tips etc

He ran up a tab of B1400 and then beat the restaurant cashier up for reporting him for not paying his bill.

What part of this picture do you not understand. facepalm.gif

Yeah. We all know who you are. You're a corrupt cop just like the majority of your kind. Hopefully he has truly been fired. These cops in Thailand think they are so special, when in fact they are the scum of the country.

I am curious as to how you figure that this person would not have reported this criminal activity under the previous government John. Your comment is laughable at the very least.

Edited by ldiablo

While it's good they are making an example of this cop I really got to wonder about the "He has to take at least 45 days off from work to heal his nose," bit. 45 days off for a broken nose ? It normally takes 6 weeks to mend a broken bone ! Our mechanic was dicking around on his motorbike 2 weeks ago and took a nasty tumble. Big scrapes on his arms, legs and face. 2 days later back at work fixing motorcycles. I figured he should have been off (and being bandaged and cared for) for a week at least but I guess he wasn't going to get paid if he did so back to work it was).

I think someone is angling for a payoff if they are claiming 45 days to heal a broken nose.

You say a broken nose takes 6 weeks to heal, the victim is taking 45 days off work. 6x7=42 is the extra 3 days really an angle for a payoff, doctor?

I know you're only trolling but the notion of action without reprimand by this pig highlights a big issue with Thai society.

your off ya head buddy !

This country has never run like yours. You think your rules apply world wide or even in Thailand your a moron. You try living of 12-20K thb a month you know nothing about this country