Sa Kaew suspect identifies mastermind of Bangkok blasts

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont believe this storyline much, for a start how does the guy know the one in yellow collected the backpack from the station if he never met him ? He would not have stuck around to watch who picked it up if asked to leave it at a drop. Sounds more like an assumption to me.

Sounds all too contrived storyline wrapped up in a nice encompassing explanation for all fingered so far to me.

Oh and its the Nation and an army handover to police with this storyline too, remember that.

Im sure this isnt the last official account but close to what it will want to say if closing the case.

Note we avoided the terrorism word again or reasons or cause or why any were involved at all which is the elephant in the room the authorities are trying to avoid mentioning.

Indeed. I hear the guy arrested at the border had the yellow t-shirt in his pack, yet he's not the yellow t-shirt guy. What, just taking a souvenir back with him?

And why would a bomb maker have 100s of fake passports with him? Sounds more like a fake passport maker.

This article is full of interesting information that presents some very compelling questions:

http://thediplomat.com/2015/09/exclusive-an-inside-look-at-thailands-erawan-shrine-bomb-blast/

Suspect in Bangkok bombing tells police he's 'guilty'
NATTASUDA ANUSONADISAI, Associated Press

BANGKOK (AP) — A key suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok bombing was transferred Monday to police custody after a week of military interrogation, and was asked to acknowledge the charge against him before police and the media.

Full story http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/854433-suspect-in-bangkok-bombing-tells-police-hes-guilty/

According to the Bangkok Post article titled " New Suspect Emerges in Bomb case"

Police LT Gen Prawut has said the suspect Maieraili was a Chemical engineering graduate from a major university in China.

He admitted to making the Bomb.

He said his boss left the day b4 the bombing from Suvanabhum airport for china and is now in Bangladesh, if so airport authorities must have some good snap shots of this man.

To me Yussufo with his hair style looks more like the bomber everyday.

The BK post also says that police identified Maieraili with the man in the yellow shirt near Erewan from unreleased CCTV footage.

Whichever way we read between the lines from media it appears the police have the bomb makers and are trying to round up the residue, however they are still trying to smudge the attack as non Uighur revenge.

It appears to be the case now that mr Yussuffo is a Uighur chinese national , graduate in chemical engineering and confessed bomb maker.

Does that embarrass China and Thailand for ordering the deportation.

So a chinese bomb maker and his chinese boss masterminded an attack on a shrine that chinese frequent to worship.

The plot thickens.

According to the Bangkok Post article titled " New Suspect Emerges in Bomb case"

Police LT Gen Prawut has said the suspect Maieraili was a Chemical engineering graduate from a major university in China.

He said his boss left the day b4 the bombing from Suvanabhum airport for china and is now in Bangladesh, if so airport authorities must have some good snap shots of this man.

The BK post also says that police identified Maieraili with the man in the yellow shirt near Erewan from unreleased CCTV footage.

Whichever way we read between the lines from media it appears the police have the bomb makers and are trying to round up the residue, however they are still trying to smudge the attack as non Uighur revenge.

It appears to be the case now that mr Yussuffo is a Uighur chinese national , graduate in chemical engineering and confessed bomb maker.

So a chinese bomb maker and his chinese boss masterminded an attack on a shrine that chinese frequent to worship.

The plot thickens.

So they're not really Turkish? Poor old turks got the blame for nothing... :)

Some of them don't certainly don't look Chinese either...

Its a weird story so far, why would Chinese have/use 200+ Turkish passports for a revenge bombing attack they didn't even claim yet?

A Chinese looks nothing like a turk, that alone would be suspicious in itself

Isn't this what you would say if your "boss" was still in Thailand ?

Surely if "Izan" is the boss's real name the Immigration Dept could track him on their Arrivals/Departures database. But the million dollar question is whether it is his real name, ie the name in his passport. My bet is that it isn't. Ol' Yusufu has tossed in a red herring. You can deliberate on all kinds of scenarios why he would declare that his boss was Chinese, but again my bet is that he is a Uighur.

Funny I never have been a Sinophil, and I have thought the Uighurs were being stiffed by the Chinese, but because of this bombing (and i have been a regular visitor to the shrine for 35 years), I don't look on the Uighurs the same way. Wrong I know, but that is the nature of the beast.

This guy is probably just lying through his teeth, and at the end of the day this should be taken into account. I have no qualms at all about a death sentence for the perpetrators of this crime.

The plot thickens.

So they're not really Turkish? Poor old turks got the blame for nothing... smile.png

Some of them don't certainly don't look Chinese either...

Its a weird story so far, why would Chinese have/use 200+ Turkish passports for a revenge bombing attack they didn't even claim yet?

A Chinese looks nothing like a turk, that alone would be suspicious in itself

Just on the point you made, A Chinese looks nothing like a turk, when you get over near the borders at the back of China, you are getting into that grey area where Asia meets Europe, and the Middle East. With the mixing of peoples facial and body features become very blurred. One reason why anthropologists say that there is no such thing as race.

Look at the peoples from all the -stan countries, they are real mixing pots.

Mieraili said Izaan told him to buy bomb-making chemicals via Internet to make bombs. He reported to Izaan after the bombs were mad.

So it was not TNT that was used in those bombs ?

Why? You think TNT grows on trees in Thailand?

Dont understand what you mean.

My understanding from day 1 was that they said it was TNT used as explosive in those bombs which one would assume is abit more difficult/suspect to get your hands on than if the bombs were made up with homemade explosives ex TATP maybe ? but someone said that the power of the blast could only be from either TNT or C4.

And as i read it it sounds like they made home cooked explosives and dont think you can homecook TNT ?

I don't know the parameter but on a first look it doesn't seem too difficult to homebrew TNT, if you have the skills.

Arrest someone and there is a plausible story - another day arrest a different person - again a different plausible story - Is there a sound intelligence agency?

A what agency? Come on,, I mean come on!!

I am curious if all the posters who said how incompetent the Thai government is feel vindicated.

Do you mean the government has vindicated itself with its results so far or, are you asking if people feel their comments on the Governments incompetency are now vindicated?

Am I the only one who thinks this guy looks like the photo and photo-fit of the yellow shirt guy?

Why would the bomb maker put the bomb under a bench for the bomber to collect it? Would this not risk being seen placing it under the bench, then again risk being seen retrieving it and then risk being seen again placing it at the shrine. And leaving it under a bench with nobody watching it would've risked it being found, taken or tampered with... all seems a bit silly

Do the passport scanners at the borders not work or something?

How is this guy and his friends able to come and go on fake passports in 2015?

In related, earlier news, they have already transferred 6 immigration officers from Sa Kaew for allegedly facilitating bribery by persons linked to the bombing with bogus travel documents.

I am ready to assist the police in the capture of more suspects by identifying the following persons:

- man in white shirt

- man in green shirt

- man in purple shirt

And another mastermind:

- man in Hawaiian shirt

I will gratefully accept cash rewards for their arrest. wai2.gif

This is seriously bad news for all the Thai-bashers who love to ridicule anything Thai, especially the police and military.

I have a theory: The government had much more intelligence from the beginning than they let on. We know they had some Special Branch info about a pending bomb-attack after Aug 11 (http://www.smh.com.au/world/bangkok-bombing-investigation-turns-to-uighurs-20150819-gj2hlr.html). Right from the beginning they talked about a large group, around 10 people, with foreigners involved. But then they had orders to downplay the terror tag, so they used various less-than-successful excuses ("A Thai can't do this", "personal revenge" etc).

Now, the question is if the Uighur deportations is the real motive, or if they were just hired hands for an internal Thai struggle which Shawn Crispin proposed.

Edited by pmugghc

Do the passport scanners at the borders not work or something?

How is this guy and his friends able to come and go on fake passports in 2015?

In related, earlier news, they have already transferred 6 immigration officers from Sa Kaew for allegedly facilitating bribery by persons linked to the bombing with bogus travel documents.

"Documents" meaning legit visas in their fake passports ?

This is completely ridiculous if they are not being charged with any crime...

I am curious if all the posters who said how incompetent the Thai government is feel vindicated.

Do you mean the government has vindicated itself with its results so far or, are you asking if people feel their comments on the Governments incompetency are now vindicated?

Well, they paid out the reward money quick enough, so everyone must be satisfied. coffee1.gif

So they parade this guy in front of the press, ask him if he is guilty, etc. The article would be more complete if they had asked the police his nationality, how and why he got involved in this plot to begin with. Or was he just a paid bomb maker without any political objective. He has been in the custody of the Army for a week. They surely must have worked him over enough to get the information that would give us a clue as to the motivation of this guy.

This is seriously bad news for all the Thai-bashers who love to ridicule anything Thai, especially the police and military.

I have a theory: The government had much more intelligence from the beginning than they let on. We know they had some Special Branch info about a pending bomb-attack after Aug 11 (http://www.smh.com.au/world/bangkok-bombing-investigation-turns-to-uighurs-20150819-gj2hlr.html). Right from the beginning they talked about a large group, around 10 people, with foreigners involved. But then they had orders to downplay the terror tag, so they used various less-than-successful excuses ("A Thai can't do this", "personal revenge" etc).

Now, the question is if the Uighur deportations is the real motive, or if they were just hired hands for an internal Thai struggle which Shawn Crispin proposed.

Could you clarify who your "Shawn Crispin" is?

Could you clarify who your "Shawn Crispin" is?

Can't give a link (not allowed topic), please use Google.