Phuket airport to Karon

kingalfred

I would not count on the bus stopping for you on the route. Likely drive past you.

Anyhow the last bus back from town 18.30.

Why wouldn't it stop? I have not heard any comments on the bus not stopping, and would presume it will stop.

Wasn't it reported there was an "agreement" under which the bus was "allowed" to operate, that it would not stop to pick-up, and set down passengers, at will?

Yes, the bus is allowed to drive around all it wants. But it is not allowed to pick up paying customers. Those in charge then point to the non profitable bus run as the reason for not adding, or expanding, additional bus services.

I would not count on the bus stopping for you on the route. Likely drive past you.

Anyhow the last bus back from town 18.30.

Why wouldn't it stop? I have not heard any comments on the bus not stopping, and would presume it will stop.

Wasn't it reported there was an "agreement" under which the bus was "allowed" to operate, that it would not stop to pick-up, and set down passengers, at will?

Yes, the bus is allowed to drive around all it wants. But it is not allowed to pick up paying customers. Those in charge then point to the non profitable bus run as the reason for not adding, or expanding, additional bus services.

and then there is the "leaning on any business person who may want to start competitive transport routes" . It happens in many parts of thailand with joining or setting up a "van route"

@ kingalfred

There is no "leaning" on those working in transport on Phuket, in fact, many want to join the "Association" which then gives them an "unofficial licence" to charge prices that are way over the national average in Thailand, for a "fee" to the association.

This is why there are so many tuk-tuks here. They sit around all day, doing nothing, just to overchage one tourist for at least 300 baht, which is the daily minimum wage, for 10 minutes of driving.

Edited by NamKangMan

@ kingalfred

There is no "leaning" on those working in transport on Phuket, in fact, many want to join the "Association" which then gives them an "unofficial licence" to charge prices that are way over the national average in Thailand, for a "fee" to the association.

This is why there are so many tuk-tuks here. They sit around all day, doing nothing, just to overchage one tourist for at least 300 baht, which is the daily minimum wage, for 10 minutes of driving.

NKM you are too harsh. I suppose you call popping zits in a mirror, watching football, drinking whiskey, playing cards, eating som tam, nothing.

@ kingalfred

NKM you are too harsh. I suppose you call popping zits in a mirror, watching football, drinking whiskey, playing cards, eating som tam, nothing.

You forgot plucking out all three of their chin whiskers with tweezers in a motorbike mirror. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan