Utokapat Foundation starts campaign to manage BKK waste, pollution

webfact

Utokapat Foundation starts campaign to manage BKK waste, pollution

w.jpg

BANGKOK, 08 September 2015, (NNT) - The Utokapat Foundation, under the Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King, initiated a campaign to manage water, waste and air pollution in Bangkok.

Foundation Chairman Sumet Tantivejkul told media outlets that the campaign is held in honor of His Majesty the King and Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.

The program aims at raising public awareness of the importance of water, waste and air pollution management. Dr. Sumet said the campaign was inspired by the success of His Majesty the King's royally initiated water management projects.

Utokapat Foundation Director and Secretary-General Royol Chitradon said the program addresses issues of drought, flooding, and water and pollution management in the city. He said these problems have long been neglected and are now a serious threat to public well-being.

He disclosed that the new campaign will be carried out from September 2015 to August 2016. This year's results will be evaluated to improve next year's operations.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-08 footer_n.gif

Quote The Utokapat Foundation finally a ray of sunshine. Raise public awareness hmm is that when the garbage starts overflowing on the elevated roadway and someone has a nasty accident while hitting it with a car. It never seems to be a problem until someone rants "Not in my backyard" I would think about 75% of that stuff in the photo could be recycled but I guess the work to do this does not pay enough or benefit anyone physically but mankind in general but then that is an out of depth statement here.

Profitable zero discharge solutions to turn the garbage into high quality compost fertilizer and environmental friendly energy is available on the market. The problem is neither financing nor technology; the problem is to get through the bureaucracy, get the concessions and approvals.

Profitable zero discharge solutions to turn the garbage into high quality compost fertilizer and environmental friendly energy is available on the market. The problem is neither financing nor technology; the problem is to get through the bureaucracy, get the concessions and approvals.

You are correct. You're being nice and not calling what it actually is, but I'll call it out, it's corruption!

Edited by ericthai