Visa Renwal Boo Boo

Renewal even!

Just looking for some advice in where best to obtain a new visa.

I'm presently on a marriage visa which is due for renewal. However, I made a boo boo with my funds (400K) by purchasing a motorbike which dropped funds a tad below the 400K mark for two days. I've been informed because of the inconsistency (which was only 2 days) I can not obtain another marriage visa until I leave the country. I have been advised to obtain a Non 'O'. However, Immigration told me to use the Non 'O' for 90 days before reapplying for my marriage visa. Am I missing something but is a Non 'O' not valid for a year. Can I not just use that for a year before applying for a marriage again?

This is the first time in 10 years that I will have to leave the country. Any advice on the best place to obtain a Non 'O' much appreciated (Married with a daughter)?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BBJ

You should try applying for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. Then apply for the one year extension when the funds have been in the bank for 2 months.

A single entry non-o visa is only valid for 3 months and gives one 90 day entry. A multiple entry non-o visa gives unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

• Like 2

You can obtain a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa from Savanakhet Laos.

This would give you up to 15 months stay but need a border run every 90 days.

You could also get a single entry of 90 days and apply for extension again at Immigration.

You can also get a 60 day extension at Immigration. This might give you some time.

• Like 2

OP is it possible for you to switch to letter of income. Make stat dec at your embassy. I'm not suggesting false dec. Some people are mistakenly thinking their assets at home can be used. However their error does not mean a false dec

"I've been informed because of the inconsistency (which was only 2 days) I can not obtain another marriage visa until I leave the country."

Did immigration tell you this or is this coming from another source?

​You can apply for a 60 day extension without financial proof (400k). That should give you time to sort out the problem and avoid having to leave and get a new visa. You could also ask if they would waive the 2 month rule because you have a daughter. Extensions for parents only need the 400k in the bank on the day you apply. Some offices will do this as I've done it myself and was first advised of the possibility by an IO at CW. No guarantees but worth asking.

Thanks again. All sorted now with a 60 day extension. Only mistake I made was not taking my old passport which they wanted to see the match stamp dates to my new one. Luckily it was in my wife's car but cost us an extra hour. Long day (6 hours) at the immigration but done.

Thanks

• Like 2