Thai produce to be upgraded to global standards

webfact

Thai produce to be upgraded to global standards

pr.jpg

BANGKOK, 9 September 2015 (NNT)- The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives is to raise the quality of Thai produce to the international standards ahead of the formation of ASEAN Economic Community.

Relevant agencies have been instructed to make sure the production and the delivery processes of produce are in line with standard procedures.

The move is aimed at raising the confidence of consumers in Thailand as well as overseas. The Ministry is determined to solve production problems for farmers as they are the producers of farm products.

The Ministry has also tasked the National Bureau for Agricultural Commodity and Food Standards with raising awareness among manufacturers regarding import and export laws as well as legal punishments for violating them.

Several units under the Ministry including the Department of Agriculture, the Fisheries Department, and the Department of Livestock will join the effort in making sure regional farmers are aware of rules and restrictions applied to them.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-09 footer_n.gif

Three months to go and counting.

They've only had 5 years notice.

More, yap, yap, yap. Actions speak louder than words.

Countries all over the world are looking at imposing food import sanctions to their nations food supply chain from Thai exports/exporters, due to Thailand's woeful inaction.

I just made "KingKong" casters under a table, with brakes.

The first time i pushed down the brake it broke off and doesn't work anymore......

No more "made in Thailand" for me ! Also "Pumpkin" brand is really crap. Same as "Indy". I would rather pay 5 times more or order it online.

Oh, and mangosteens have to be purple as far as i know.

Edited by Thian

Countries all over the world are looking at imposing food import sanctions to their nations food supply chain from Thai exports/exporters, due to Thailand's woeful inaction.

They've been too busy playing "Who's on first" to pay attention to anything else.

The national free milk program cannot and has not been able to ensure local suppliers can deliver drinkable (unspoiled) milk to the kiddies at the public schools.

Rice storage is acknowledged as way below the threshold of acceptable, much less the grading of same.

Spoiled seafood is quite common as are the harvest of unripe veggies.

The enforcement of rules / laws are to be carried out by people who only are familiar with most food which is placed in front of them at a government paid for meal at a 4 star resturant.

I bought some sneakers in Sport World - they lasted a few km. of walking before they broke ... Never again, its cheaper to order online from Europe and have it send but of course the risk of never receiving it with Thaipost I guess ...

They dont have anything thats "Global Standard" ...

"The Ministry is determined to solve production problems for farmers as they are the producers of farm products." Wow! I didn't know that. Those guys in ministry really on top of the game "farmers as they are the producers of farm products." maybe next time I want to go fishing, I should look for a hooker?

This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? :([/quotet]

My Thai wife is reluctant sometimes to buy from stalls because she knows most "commercial" farms use excessive amounts of chemicals. Not what international buyers want.

This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? :([/quotet]

My Thai wife is reluctant sometimes to buy from stalls because she knows most "commercial" farms use excessive amounts of chemicals. Not what international buyers want.

Any banned chemicals or pesticides in the west are probably still widely used here

Even hormones and antibiotics in dairy products allegedly off the charts

I've been told by a couple of Thai people I should not eat meals with chicken daily but I have no way to test and I like bbq or grilled chicken

Drinking milk is not recommended here either, the one with the blue label doesn't expire like farang milk... Must be something in it to make it last longer because 2 weeks past the expiry date it still hasn't turned

This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? sad.png[/quotet]

Any banned chemicals or pesticides in the west are probably still widely used here

I've been told by a couple of Thai people I should not eat meals with chicken daily but I have no way to test and I like bbq or grilled chicken

Drinking milk is not recommended here either, the one with the blue label doesn't expire like farang milk... Must be something in it to make it last longer because 2 weeks past the expiry date it still hasn't turned

Nothing like getting to the facts of the matter......allegedly.

This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? sad.png[/quotet]

Nothing like getting to the facts of the matter......allegedly.

You send everything you eat to the lab before eating it ??

I bought some sneakers in Sport World - they lasted a few km. of walking before they broke ... Never again, its cheaper to order online from Europe and have it send but of course the risk of never receiving it with Thaipost I guess ...

They dont have anything thats "Global Standard" ...

I would like to buy more Thai products to support local industry. However I get the sense that when I do 'buy Thai' it's really supporting the profiteering big end of town rather than the SMEs and farmers.

Shoes is a good example of the changing economy. Thailand used to have a very successful shoe industry but now most of it has gone to Vietnam and it's hard to see it coming back ( and for a country of 70,000,000 and a relatively low cost structure that's a bit odd)

The national free milk program cannot and has not been able to ensure local suppliers can deliver drinkable (unspoiled) milk to the kiddies at the public schools.

Rice storage is acknowledged as way below the threshold of acceptable, much less the grading of same.

Spoiled seafood is quite common as are the harvest of unripe veggies.

The enforcement of rules / laws are to be carried out by people who only are familiar with most food which is placed in front of them at a government paid for meal at a 4 star resturant.

"The Ministry is determined to solve production problems for farmers as they are the producers of farm products." Wow! I didn't know that. Those guys in ministry really on top of the game "farmers as they are the producers of farm products." maybe next time I want to go fishing, I should look for a hooker?

Well I'd have thought the village 1m stimulus that the Junta are introducing in a fit of imaginative creation , would encourage the yokels to wash their hands after they scratch their arse and before they pick another Mango

Maybe they should start with pictures of fresh fruit. Those mangosteen look old and dry no one even inThailand would eat those.

As no one in Thailand would eat them they try to export them laugh.png

The purpose of export is to get $$ for rubbish you couldn't sell otherwise, or?giggle.gif

That's interesting. I knew about the USA and EU so that's a few countries. Are there any outside those?