September 9, 201511 yr Thai produce to be upgraded to global standardsBANGKOK, 9 September 2015 (NNT)- The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives is to raise the quality of Thai produce to the international standards ahead of the formation of ASEAN Economic Community.Relevant agencies have been instructed to make sure the production and the delivery processes of produce are in line with standard procedures.The move is aimed at raising the confidence of consumers in Thailand as well as overseas. The Ministry is determined to solve production problems for farmers as they are the producers of farm products.The Ministry has also tasked the National Bureau for Agricultural Commodity and Food Standards with raising awareness among manufacturers regarding import and export laws as well as legal punishments for violating them.Several units under the Ministry including the Department of Agriculture, the Fisheries Department, and the Department of Livestock will join the effort in making sure regional farmers are aware of rules and restrictions applied to them.-- NNT 2015-09-09
September 9, 201511 yr They have left it a bit late,everything is supposed to be in place by the end of this year. regards Worgeordie
September 9, 201511 yr Three months to go and counting. They've only had 5 years notice. More, yap, yap, yap. Actions speak louder than words. Countries all over the world are looking at imposing food import sanctions to their nations food supply chain from Thai exports/exporters, due to Thailand's woeful inaction.
September 9, 201511 yr I just made "KingKong" casters under a table, with brakes. The first time i pushed down the brake it broke off and doesn't work anymore...... No more "made in Thailand" for me ! Also "Pumpkin" brand is really crap. Same as "Indy". I would rather pay 5 times more or order it online. Oh, and mangosteens have to be purple as far as i know. Edited September 9, 201511 yr by Thian
September 9, 201511 yr Three months to go and counting. They've only had 5 years notice. More, yap, yap, yap. Actions speak louder than words. Countries all over the world are looking at imposing food import sanctions to their nations food supply chain from Thai exports/exporters, due to Thailand's woeful inaction. They've been too busy playing "Who's on first" to pay attention to anything else.
September 9, 201511 yr Maybe they should start with pictures of fresh fruit. Those mangosteen look old and dry no one even inThailand would eat those.
September 9, 201511 yr The national free milk program cannot and has not been able to ensure local suppliers can deliver drinkable (unspoiled) milk to the kiddies at the public schools. Rice storage is acknowledged as way below the threshold of acceptable, much less the grading of same. Spoiled seafood is quite common as are the harvest of unripe veggies. The enforcement of rules / laws are to be carried out by people who only are familiar with most food which is placed in front of them at a government paid for meal at a 4 star resturant.
September 9, 201511 yr I bought some sneakers in Sport World - they lasted a few km. of walking before they broke ... Never again, its cheaper to order online from Europe and have it send but of course the risk of never receiving it with Thaipost I guess ... They dont have anything thats "Global Standard" ...
September 9, 201511 yr This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now?
September 9, 201511 yr I thought every food fair touted Thailand as the garden of the world"already C'mon- 25,686 posts and you still believe in Thai propaganda?
September 9, 201511 yr "The Ministry is determined to solve production problems for farmers as they are the producers of farm products." Wow! I didn't know that. Those guys in ministry really on top of the game "farmers as they are the producers of farm products." maybe next time I want to go fishing, I should look for a hooker?
September 9, 201511 yr This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? [/quotet] My Thai wife is reluctant sometimes to buy from stalls because she knows most "commercial" farms use excessive amounts of chemicals. Not what international buyers want.
September 9, 201511 yr This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? [/quotet] My Thai wife is reluctant sometimes to buy from stalls because she knows most "commercial" farms use excessive amounts of chemicals. Not what international buyers want. Any banned chemicals or pesticides in the west are probably still widely used here Even hormones and antibiotics in dairy products allegedly off the charts I've been told by a couple of Thai people I should not eat meals with chicken daily but I have no way to test and I like bbq or grilled chicken Drinking milk is not recommended here either, the one with the blue label doesn't expire like farang milk... Must be something in it to make it last longer because 2 weeks past the expiry date it still hasn't turned
September 9, 201511 yr This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? [/quotet] My Thai wife is reluctant sometimes to buy from stalls because she knows most "commercial" farms use excessive amounts of chemicals. Not what international buyers want. Any banned chemicals or pesticides in the west are probably still widely used here Even hormones and antibiotics in dairy products allegedly off the charts I've been told by a couple of Thai people I should not eat meals with chicken daily but I have no way to test and I like bbq or grilled chicken Drinking milk is not recommended here either, the one with the blue label doesn't expire like farang milk... Must be something in it to make it last longer because 2 weeks past the expiry date it still hasn't turned Nothing like getting to the facts of the matter......allegedly.
September 9, 201511 yr This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? [/quotet] My Thai wife is reluctant sometimes to buy from stalls because she knows most "commercial" farms use excessive amounts of chemicals. Not what international buyers want. Any banned chemicals or pesticides in the west are probably still widely used here Even hormones and antibiotics in dairy products allegedly off the charts I've been told by a couple of Thai people I should not eat meals with chicken daily but I have no way to test and I like bbq or grilled chicken Drinking milk is not recommended here either, the one with the blue label doesn't expire like farang milk... Must be something in it to make it last longer because 2 weeks past the expiry date it still hasn't turned Nothing like getting to the facts of the matter......allegedly. You send everything you eat to the lab before eating it ??
September 9, 201511 yr In a country that still distributes ice on the back of pickups in the middle of summer, instead of refrigerated units. Good luck with that.
September 9, 201511 yr Impossible to do in such a short time Why do you all worry there is not enough time. Applying a sticker Q.C Passed, takes only a minute.
September 9, 201511 yr I bought some sneakers in Sport World - they lasted a few km. of walking before they broke ... Never again, its cheaper to order online from Europe and have it send but of course the risk of never receiving it with Thaipost I guess ... They dont have anything thats "Global Standard" ... I would like to buy more Thai products to support local industry. However I get the sense that when I do 'buy Thai' it's really supporting the profiteering big end of town rather than the SMEs and farmers. Shoes is a good example of the changing economy. Thailand used to have a very successful shoe industry but now most of it has gone to Vietnam and it's hard to see it coming back ( and for a country of 70,000,000 and a relatively low cost structure that's a bit odd)
September 9, 201511 yr The national free milk program cannot and has not been able to ensure local suppliers can deliver drinkable (unspoiled) milk to the kiddies at the public schools. Rice storage is acknowledged as way below the threshold of acceptable, much less the grading of same. Spoiled seafood is quite common as are the harvest of unripe veggies. The enforcement of rules / laws are to be carried out by people who only are familiar with most food which is placed in front of them at a government paid for meal at a 4 star resturant. "The Ministry is determined to solve production problems for farmers as they are the producers of farm products." Wow! I didn't know that. Those guys in ministry really on top of the game "farmers as they are the producers of farm products." maybe next time I want to go fishing, I should look for a hooker? Well I'd have thought the village 1m stimulus that the Junta are introducing in a fit of imaginative creation , would encourage the yokels to wash their hands after they scratch their arse and before they pick another Mango
September 9, 201511 yr Maybe they should start with pictures of fresh fruit. Those mangosteen look old and dry no one even inThailand would eat those. As no one in Thailand would eat them they try to export them The purpose of export is to get $$ for rubbish you couldn't sell otherwise, or?
September 9, 201511 yr Three months to go and counting. They've only had 5 years notice. More, yap, yap, yap. Actions speak louder than words. Countries all over the world are looking at imposing food import sanctions to their nations food supply chain from Thai exports/exporters, due to Thailand's woeful inaction. That's interesting. I knew about the USA and EU so that's a few countries. Are there any outside those?
Create an account or sign in to comment