Non "o" After The 1st October

Just spoke to the solicitor regarding getting another Non "O" visa and he says that after 1st October you have to keep the 400k in your account for 3 months.

I've tried looking through the forum for confirmation of this but can't see anything.

Can anyone confirm this?

I think it is up to the discretion of the officer. During my last renewal, I was asked not to touch the 400k for the entire year while others said they could withdraw immediately after getting the 1 year stamp on their pp.

To play safe, just prepare enough money and keep the 400k for as long as they want it to be.

You get a visa at a Consulate and there is no requirement for a bank account for most.

Believe you are talking about a one year extension of stay for support Thai wife? The latest reports is that there is going to be an extended under review period that will probably be 3 months and money should always be in the account during the review process so it may well be true; if that is your status.

Thanks guys, yea, Thai wife and kids. It's just that we heard today and the deadline's approaching fast. Maybe apply before Oct 1st and money can be withdrawn on receipt of the visa (have had a few of these before and just withdrew the money after the interview, times they are a changing).