Annual renewal of extension of stay based on retirement

Did my annual renewal of my extension of stay based on retirement and multiple re entry visa yesterday at Khon Kean immmigration office. Had to complete an extra two forms, one was written in Thai and one in English. Both straight forward, the one in English was just asking a few more questions about the type of income and the one in Thai was to the Chief Immigration Officer in Khon Kean asking for an extension of stay. The immigration Officer was very helpful and assisted me to complete the extra forms. Arrived at 08:30 and all completed by 09:00. That is my 5 renewal at Khon Kean, all without any problems and always with a polite and helpful assistance from the Immigration Officers.

I'm jealous

I'll ask the proverbial question... WHY is Chiang Mai immigration such a hassle to get this simple process done?
It seems to take other provinces under 2 hours from start to finish for this process AND it doesn't include getting to immigration at 0500hrs just to get in line...

So you were using the income method for your extension?

No 800,000 in the Bank, but the form is 90% asking about income information, at the bottom of the form there are a few questions for bank account, Bank address, account number and amount in the account.

I agree. Surely someone at a very high level here in CM and in BKK is aware of the ridiculous waiting times us foreigners have to get any service done. It's irritating, at the least, to read these posts from other provinces that it takes them from 30 minutes to 2 hrs to completely get processed for a retirement extension. Should we in CM drive our tractors to the arpt I/o from the newly opened I/o at Promanada to protest? Just kidding of course...

• Like 1