Dash cam

james6

Hi , I bought a dash cam on the tv adverts . The ASTON 3in1. But fitting and setting up instuctions are all in thai. I went to the aston web page but that also is all in thai with no english alternative that i can see. Has anyone dealt with this company and have any idea where i can get an english download of instructions please, Any info would be appreciated pete.violin.gif

Just bring to a shop and change the language for setting, and to set the date. Not any other change. Most car cams come ready to work after hooked to the car lighter. Look in youtube is there is any video report about it.

Edited by Muzarella

1) Ask a local to change the language settings.

2) Search youtube for an idiots guide.

HTH

Very helpfull. An idiot plays with things he doesent understand. The fitting is where the problem is. There are two extra wires from the rear camera one red and one blue which i PRESUME are for the parking mode but without the instuctions i cant be sure where to conect. Better to be safe than sorry .. cheers.. pete

Any chance you can maybe give a link to the product you bought?

We don't all see the same ads wink.png

The web page is www.ASTON The product is 3in1 dash cam The advert was from tvshop,com all in thai ..

much easier to help you if you provide the full website...

after a search in thai, I PRESUME its this product http://www.aston1.net/15133405/กล้องติดรถ-รุ่น-triple-x-cam-มี-2กล้อง-หน้าหลัง-หน้าจอใหญ่ที่สุด-43นิ้ว-ภาพชัด-ทรงกระจกมองหลัง ???

The rear camera has a cable with plug that connects to the rear view mirror socket correct?

The extra wires are a seperate cable from the camera or the same cable as the plug?

I couldn't see a download link for the manual and from the pics it's not clear.

If a seperate cable possibly it wires into your reverse light to turn on the cam, or to auto switch the display?

Dunno, post the manual if you can

They have an installation video at that link - but I see no red & blue wires on the rear camera...

They also have a call centre phone number displayed - have you tried calling that?

At 4min 30 he has the red and blue cable in his hand, but doesn't talk about it.

Yeah, if I was the OP I'd get a Thai to call and ask

thumbsup.gif

They have an installation video at that link - but I see no red & blue wires on the rear camera...

They also have a call centre phone number displayed - have you tried calling that?

At 4min 30 he has the red and blue cable in his hand, but doesn't talk about it.

Yeah, if I was the OP I'd get a Thai to call and ask

thumbsup.gif

You're right - he dismisses it as being "special" then moves forward with a version that doesn't have the extra wires.

Any chance you can maybe give a link to the product you bought?

We don't all see the same ads wink.png

The web page is www.ASTON The product is 3in1 dash cam The advert was from tvshop,com all in thai ..

much easier to help you if you provide the full website...

after a search in thai, I PRESUME its this product http://www.aston1.net/15133405/กล้องติดรถ-รุ่น-triple-x-cam-มี-2กล้อง-หน้าหลัง-หน้าจอใหญ่ที่สุด-43นิ้ว-ภาพชัด-ทรงกระจกมองหลัง ???

The rear camera has a cable with plug that connects to the rear view mirror socket correct?

The extra wires are a seperate cable from the camera or the same cable as the plug?

I couldn't see a download link for the manual and from the pics it's not clear.

If a seperate cable possibly it wires into your reverse light to turn on the cam, or to auto switch the display?

Dunno, post the manual if you can

HI Thanks for your time and trouble. Yes thats it. They show a vidio of fitting but with no mention of the two extra wireswhich are 1 red and 1blue

I scaned the instructions and attatched. I have found that unless you know someone who is fluent in english and thai your better off not asking for a translation . My wife is thai and she speaks english But she cannot translate one to the other.I cannot ring the help line as i am parchally deaf Which is why i posted on here and have had some good responce and thank everyone for there time. If the ASTON company added an e mail address it would it easy to contact them for an english copy but i could not find on there web page cheers pete.

post-244692-0-19322800-1441944924_thumb.

post-244692-0-55694500-1441945056_thumb.

post-244692-0-08737500-1441945146_thumb.

Just a thought, but the OP could have this fitted @ a reasonable garage in a few mins for around THB 300.

(That's how much they charge where I live)

Re Wires; My guess is either GPS external antennae or to plumb directly into your battery so that it works if the car is bumped while parked.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

From the link above it looks like a nice device. I am thinking about getting it already...

Hi . I like it as acording to the TV advert it records if someone bumps you when the car is parked and turned off, back and front which my present one does not do .Also i dont like things on the dashboard and stuck to the window. I cant recomend it yet as i havent fitted it .the advert says you can use it as a revercing aid which is i presume the two extra wires as they come from the rear camera . The free 8 card is ok but the free three port and USB is cheap rubish and i will not use. I will post a review when its fitted and working pete.

From the link above it looks like a nice device. I am thinking about getting it already...

Hi . I like it as acording to the TV advert it records if someone bumps you when the car is parked and turned off, back and front which my present one does not do .Also i dont like things on the dashboard and stuck to the window. I cant recomend it yet as i havent fitted it .the advert says you can use it as a revercing aid which is i presume the two extra wires as they come from the rear camera . The free 8 card is ok but the free three port and USB is cheap rubish and i will not use. I will post a review when its fitted and working pete.

The rear camera is stuck on the window though isn't it? That's how it looked in the video. Reckon it would fall off after 5 minutes in the sun. Perhaps there's an alternate way of fitting though. Is the back-up power via a battery or capacitor?

The pic showing the rear camera says:

กรณีทีลูกค้าต่อกล้องที่ป้ายทะเบียนสายแดงดำเอาไว้ต่อเข้ากับขั้วไฟ ถอยหลังของตัวรถ เมื่อต่อแล้วจะมีเส้นถอยหลังบอกระยะขึ้นมาตอนถอยรถ(สามารถให้รานประดับยนต์ต่อให้ท่านได้)

HA! Took some figuring out, but I think it's saying:

If you install the camera on/or near your licence plate (i.e not the rear window) and wire it up to the reversing light, a distance indication will automatically pop up on the display when you reverse. (you can let a car accessory shop install for you)

Pretty sure thats the gist wai2.gif

The pic showing the rear camera says:

กรณีทีลูกค้าต่อกล้องที่ป้ายทะเบียนสายแดงดำเอาไว้ต่อเข้ากับขั้วไฟ ถอยหลังของตัวรถ เมื่อต่อแล้วจะมีเส้นถอยหลังบอกระยะขึ้นมาตอนถอยรถ(สามารถให้รานประดับยนต์ต่อให้ท่านได้)

HA! Took some figuring out, but I think it's saying:

If you install the camera on/or near your licence plate (i.e not the rear window) and wire it up to the reversing light, a distance indication will automatically pop up on the display when you reverse. (you can let a car accessory shop install for you)

Pretty sure thats the gist wai2.gif

I knew there were inteligent helpfull and real hero:s on this site and i thank you for you trouble, I can now proceed with fitting. Its simple to fit and i presumed as you confirmed the two wires were for the reverse action . I have a dash cam in the car now but it only up front and when its off its off.

So any bump while your not there which does happen is lost. I dident know it had a disance indicater so thats a bonus. thanks again pete..